Landrace Genetics 101

grnmtn ? I didn't read all his posts, but that name sure is ... familiar?

I've been suspicious about BAM. It's a unique Congo strain, and apparently, the real thing can be found, but ... not everyone has it. Like a dozen other legendary ones.
There’s another site that has lots of exotic Sativas there but being loyal to 420 I won’t name. The Ace rep. is on there and that’s the only reason I know about it because of the growing advice he gives. CL🍀

There’s another site that has lots of exotic Sativas there but being loyal to 420 I won’t name. The Ace rep. is on there and that’s the only reason I know about it because of the growing advice he gives. CL🍀
I'm panacanna over there. :thumb:

Meh. Too many "other" forums. :cheesygrinsmiley: I just remember seeing you on that one.

I assume everyone has checked out the @GPCannabis thread?

Black African Magic

From past reading, it seems that this is not a typical African strain. It comes from the mountains of what is now Congo, in the interior and far from the coasts. So it wouldn't be constantly mixed with any new rope-making sativas. It could easily have been preserved for its medical and mystical effects. And it has a shorter maturity, being a higher altitude pheno.

We have a couple Africans here. How did the trade routes run across that region? Cannabis came from the East first, along the coasts, and then later from the West as the Europeans began to trade. First the Portuguese in 1483. Before that, the Kingdom of Kongo was a center of power in the region, trading copper and gold, fabric and pottery.

:bongrip:

Meh. Too many "other" forums. :cheesygrinsmiley: I just remember seeing you on that one.

Black African Magic

From past reading, it seems that this is not a typical African strain. It comes from the mountains of what is now Congo, in the interior and far from the coasts. So it wouldn't be constantly mixed with any new rope-making sativas. It could easily have been preserved for its medical and mystical effects. And it has a shorter maturity, being a higher altitude pheno.

We have a couple Africans here. How did the trade routes run across that region? Cannabis came from the East first, along the coasts, and then later from the West as the Europeans began to trade. First the Portuguese in 1483. Before that, the Kingdom of Kongo was a center of power in the region, trading copper and gold, fabric and pottery.

Yeah I only go there for the Ace information and a couple other threads. Dubi is pretty cool you gotta admit? CL🍀

Lol, I'll bite, started when?

The one we were talking about runs what GP? 20 to 24 wks in flower? Then you have to dip the temp.
hey everyone! sorry i have been away for so long!

I am still growing! Still have hundreds of seeds of different BAM/Purple Diesel Phenos, which in my opinion was better than BAM.

I am getting over extreme sickness. Officially diagnosed with AS, my immune system is eating my spine, its whack. Today is injection 5 and day 60 of stem cells. FINALLY NOT F’N SICK!

Anyways, i am going to try to start plugging away again here.

BAM was 5 1/2 months total. NOTE: I let the plant veg in 18/6, fed nutes every other water until it naturally showed pistils, which was 3 months.

I then flipped to 12/12 for literally 2 months, then 10/14 for 2 weeks.

I did LST, the plant was 26 nodes with 50+ main colas, i harvested the top and got i think around 8-10 ounces, still had an entire plant underneath that i cleaned up in the scrog, dropped to 10/14, 2 weeks later harvested another 5-6 oz. Got 15 ounces total.

Since I have been so sick my cannabis intake has probably gone up 4x. I smoke an ounce every 4 days and eat a shit ton of edibles. So, I have been doing fast grows, get the plant to 10”, flip to 12/12 and feed fees feed, running several SIPs all at once. So rather than one long running huge plant I have several small faster growing plants.

Another Note: I am filing for legal growers permits in my state next month and in March am building a 12x22 indoor grow room with a sitting area, processing area, light dormers, air filtration, etc, and there will also be a cedar sauna in the structure. Stay tuned….shits gonna be epic.

✌🏻

Just type "BAM black african magic" into their search..

I'm about three pages into the thread and the consensus seems to be whatever Was available wasn't the real thing.

The seeds I ordered from The Seed Fair are apparently a new offering...

But I still question their 6 - 8 weeks flower time ;)

Cheers
Flowering is more like 22-24 weeks if I remember correctly.

Black African Magic

hello 👋

sorry for being so delayed on responding. thanks for the shout out! 🙏

I have been wicked sick, started stem cells 60 days ago, just started being able to get back to life in the last two weeks.

I am not super familiar with africans, but man this strain is different. i smoked some last night with a buddy who also smokes a lot. he was totally perplexed, it is definitely a rare bird.

have you grown any?

I have a couple of acquaintances that are growing growing it now, but I'm not confidant that they're from the same source as yours. I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple vendors that don't have the real thing. It's like the legendary Jamaican Lambs Breath - yeah sure, call it whatever you want. They should be getting close to chop by now, so we'll get some feedback soon.

Figured you were ill GP and so it was. I will look around for anything to help autoimmune, natural style. I went all in and have BAM or what is sold as such from Alpine seeds, Northcoast seeds, Seed connect and Seed Fair. The Alpine seeds look different than the rest.

Have 5 Seed Fair BAM going now.

I have a couple of acquaintances that are growing growing it now, but I'm not confidant that they're from the same source as yours. I'm pretty sure there are at least a couple vendors that don't have the real thing. It's like the legendary Jamaican Lambs Breath - yeah sure, call it whatever you want. They should be getting close to chop by now, so we'll get some feedback soon.

Very curious as to how they turn out 🙏

Figured you were ill GP and so it was. I will look around for anything to help autoimmune, natural style. I went all in and have BAM or what is sold as such from Alpine seeds, Northcoast seeds, Seed connect and Seed Fair. The Alpine seeds look different than the rest.

Have 5 Seed Fair BAM going now.
wow! have you posted pics? if so please tag me.

I am 30 mins out from my last stem cell injection 🤙🏻 man this changed my life. so very thankful for modern medicine. I need to find a spot to post my current three plants 🤔

hey everyone! sorry i have been away for so long!

I am still growing! Still have hundreds of seeds of different BAM/Purple Diesel Phenos, which in my opinion was better than BAM.

I am getting over extreme sickness. Officially diagnosed with AS, my immune system is eating my spine, its whack. Today is injection 5 and day 60 of stem cells. FINALLY NOT F’N SICK!

Anyways, i am going to try to start plugging away again here.

BAM was 5 1/2 months total. NOTE: I let the plant veg in 18/6, fed nutes every other water until it naturally showed pistils, which was 3 months.

I then flipped to 12/12 for literally 2 months, then 10/14 for 2 weeks.

I did LST, the plant was 26 nodes with 50+ main colas, i harvested the top and got i think around 8-10 ounces, still had an entire plant underneath that i cleaned up in the scrog, dropped to 10/14, 2 weeks later harvested another 5-6 oz. Got 15 ounces total.

Since I have been so sick my cannabis intake has probably gone up 4x. I smoke an ounce every 4 days and eat a shit ton of edibles. So, I have been doing fast grows, get the plant to 10”, flip to 12/12 and feed fees feed, running several SIPs all at once. So rather than one long running huge plant I have several small faster growing plants.

Another Note: I am filing for legal growers permits in my state next month and in March am building a 12x22 indoor grow room with a sitting area, processing area, light dormers, air filtration, etc, and there will also be a cedar sauna in the structure. Stay tuned….shits gonna be epic.

✌🏻
If you have Anklosing Spondilitis, so do I. I actually have two different Auto immune conditions, the other being Crohns. The AS is acting up now and the Crohns is taking a break. :rolleyes: Hope the flareups go easy on you.:)

If you have Anklosing Spondilitis, so do I. I actually have two different Auto immune conditions, the other being Crohns. The AS is acting up now and the Crohns is taking a break. :rolleyes: Hope the flareups go easy on you.:)
oh my god!!! yes! that is what I have. i am in a few AS groups, now that I have met others with it, I have found it seems there are two groups. 1, Just aches and arthritis pain, 2, those who get sick, which can vary, then that leads to “body aches” which later turns to arthritis.

I am # 2. However, I have hurt so bad my entire life so I honestly dont even understand when and where I hurt, or even feel sick. But omg the sickness is like book of Job kind of sickness. Lost 25 lbs last year, my hair was falling out, had the shits and ran a fever for 18 months straight. It was like i was surviving a spiritual battle that consisted of nuclear weapons of torment inside my physical existence and even inside my mind and thoughts. Legit, like poisoned, or passed thru a dimension to another realm and it was killing every bit of me at the DNA level, like literally it felt like it was in every cell even my conscious thinking mind.

Example: nausea is a legit issue for me. like i sat in the passenger seat of a ferrai and a race driver was behind the wheel. i have just started realizing it is not “nausea”, it is severe…severe…i mean f&$king severe lower stomach pains. Unending, stabbing, twisting, horrible pain…which is so bad it makes me nauseous and feel like I am going to pass out.

So….is Crohns in my near future? likely ?

Question for you?

I use to eat primarily organic grass fed meat and fish and organic fruits and veggies. Starting about 2/3 years ago my stomach went CRAZY, it took about 2 1/2 years for me to realize it is meat and eggs. I can have dairy, but no meat, no eggs, nothing. Makes me like out of my body sick.

so. you have to restrict down your diet?

Question for you?
Probably not.

I had AS 1st. Went over a decade without knowing what it was Probably had a very negative impact on my working career. Probably more to do with the abruptness the flareup went away. Thought I was gold bricking. I have lots of cousins with auto immune conditions and I'm the only one with two. I have taken and am taking a biologic for them, but after a time they lose effectiveness. I have had surgery for the Crohns and they took out a part of my intestines. I'm wearing a bag and waiting to be put back together now. It's rough but I have a good wife and my needs are being met. Smoking lots of cannabis doesn't hurt. :)

oh my god!!! yes! that is what I have. i am in a few AS groups, now that I have met others with it, I have found it seems there are two groups. 1, Just aches and arthritis pain, 2, those who get sick, which can vary, then that leads to “body aches” which later turns to arthritis.

I am # 2. However, I have hurt so bad my entire life so I honestly dont even understand when and where I hurt, or even feel sick. But omg the sickness is like book of Job kind of sickness. Lost 25 lbs last year, my hair was falling out, had the shits and ran a fever for 18 months straight. It was like i was surviving a spiritual battle that consisted of nuclear weapons of torment inside my physical existence and even inside my mind and thoughts. Legit, like poisoned, or passed thru a dimension to another realm and it was killing every bit of me at the DNA level, like literally it felt like it was in every cell even my conscious thinking mind.

Example: nausea is a legit issue for me. like i sat in the passenger seat of a ferrai and a race driver was behind the wheel. i have just started realizing it is not “nausea”, it is severe…severe…i mean f&$king severe lower stomach pains. Unending, stabbing, twisting, horrible pain…which is so bad it makes me nauseous and feel like I am going to pass out.

Question for you?

I use to eat primarily organic grass fed meat and fish and organic fruits and veggies. Starting about 2/3 years ago my stomach went CRAZY, it took about 2 1/2 years for me to realize it is meat and eggs. I can have dairy, but no meat, no eggs, nothing. Makes me like out of my body sick.

so. you have to restrict down your diet?
Are you sure its not a wheat intolerance?? I have all those symptoms until I stopped wheat. I aslo have Lyme's disease (treated) but it lingers with weird arthritic pain that comes and goes but not in joints its in my tendons mainly in my hands (thumbs).

If I eat wheat = 1-2 months straight up diarrhea - talking explosive and feel ill very ill for a few months. Similar symptoms to Crohns

Amongst some that I am yet to try, I have a few beans of New Caledonian landrace, the writeup sounded good, regulars. But as I only grow once a year outside with limited space, I don't get an opportunity to go wild and cover a lot of varieties unfortunately, can always hope for a law change I guess. :smokin:

...hey Bob!...been a couple minutes...got a friend on another forum, is spending a lot time working landrace gear...can't remember the source, but he had some CRAZY Thai plants...internet is a lil' spotty this year in Maz, but I'll check it out...cheerz... :high-five: ...h00k...🌴🌴...

Back
Top Bottom