Landrace Strain Recommendation

Yes, using the term Landrace is akin to saying I am buying a muscle car. Not the same muscle car that we had in the 70's <lol>. How did you find the smoking effects of the Wild Thai, that was another strain I was considering. Did you grown the AC and if so what was your take on it's effects?.
I grew wild thai (from world of seeds) last summer. It is wonderful. Smells & taste great with a very energetic high. Never smoked more then a few tokes. Long lasting. I grew from regular seeds and so I got plenty of seeds as a result. Most people want to avoid that, but I now have seeds for next year. It was my best germinating seed from world of seeds. Other seeds I ordered from them didn't germinate as well. Plus the wild Thai seeds look trippy...

Nice to hear that you want to explore some landrace strains. I have a collection of highly potent landrace sativas from East Africa.
Wild Thai from world of seeds is great. I grew some last summer. Taste & smells great. Long lasting (2 to 4 hours) energetic high from just a few tokes.

I am working with Chocolate Thai at the moment and although it may not be considered "pure landrace" as over the years it had to be crossed with a different male due to its nature of producing mostly females, but its been worked back with the original females and I would estimate its like 90% landrace at this point (just a guess)... .but I have to say...

Its one of the most unique smelling strains that I have yet come across, and the high is absolutely amazing.

The terpenes are best described as Cardboard/cigar tobacco/autumn spices (cloves, hint of chocolate, cinnamon) with Zero "weed smell" or other cannabis smells. Its very unique and almost reminds me of the smell walking into a Halloween boutique bakery.

The high is also unlike anything I have ever smoked. Depending on the pheno the high is slightly different, but its best described as "that perfect day feeling". You know those days you wake up, the sun is shining, the temperature is perfect and you just feel amazing... Thats what the high resembles to me at first, as the perfect day that you just want to smile and enjoy it. The high comes in waves, each one getting stronger and stronger and uplifting, but without the "anxiety feeling" that many sativas give. As the waves keep intensifying you do get a little of that old school "trippy" high where you might think you saw something out of the corner of your eye, and then look again and its not there, but overall its like enjoying a perfect day.

I highly recommend Chocolate Thai:

Ended up putting in a order with True North Seedbank. Went with the Canuk version of Durban Poison vs Dutch Passion
as they have a sale going.

Malawi REG - 5 Seeds ACE Seeds
Durban Poison ELITE FEM Canuk Seeds
CBD Critical Cure FEM Barneys Farm
Morning Glory FEM Barneys Farm
Blueberry FEM (Canuk Seeds) -Freebie-
High Times did a study years ago with some DNA testing of various strains of Durban Poison. They concluded that Dutch Passion seed was the closest to the original.

Durban poison yield was 18.5 oz dried hydro.

0EC99A4B-F016-4C58-AC8B-80A5D1510207.jpeg

This is Zambian Copper crossed with Og kush the Zambian seeds are available online maybe even one of our sponsors may have them or what your looking for.

Better then pure Zambian Copper, he... From which bank is the Zambian Copper used for that hybrid? I've only seen it at African Seeds, Underground Seed Collective and Tropical Seeds Company...

High Times did a study years ago with some DNA testing of various strains of Durban Poison. They concluded that Dutch Passion seed was the closest to the original.

What a good joke!! (Surely they don't know that joke in South Africa...)

...And then they did the "cotton test" on Desfrán and it came out that it was the best pure South American landrace in history and not a cheap copy of Destroyer... I'm sure they also did a DNA test on Acapulco Gold from Barneys and it came out that it was NOT a simple hybrid of Reeferman (or maybe a skunk sativa genotype)... and on the Colombian Gold from World of Seeds and it came out that it shared DNA and kinship with Simón Bolívar...

Wanted to try a Landrace strain. Anyone have any recommendations that they think would be one to try . I would like to try something that has very psychedelic properties with the least amount of paranoia properties if that is possible. I was thinking Malawi or Acapulco gold, but would appreciate any other suggestions. Would be a indoor grow, and would have to do some LST to keep the height down.
I know your post is old, but I have to say that Malawi would be my suggestion.

It's very easy to grow, they are very strong and can stand some abuse but obviously better to avoid that. They do get very tall, mine are close on 6 feet.

Growing up in Africa, I smoked a lot of weed, Durban poisons, Maritzburg slugs, Swazi "rooibaard" and others...

To date, I have smoked nothing stronger than a Malawi, except once we got a stash from somewhere in the Zambezi valley, never found it ever again - the stuff of legend!

...And then they did the "cotton test" on Desfrán and it came out that it was the best pure South American landrace in history and not a cheap copy of Destroyer... I'm sure they also did a DNA test on Acapulco Gold from Barneys and it came out that it was NOT a simple hybrid of Reeferman (or maybe a skunk sativa genotype)... and on the Colombian Gold from World of Seeds and it came out that it shared DNA and kinship with Simón Bolívar...

I have a Malawi from Ace that foxtailed - pretty sure that's not supposed to happen...

I know your post is old, but I have to say that Malawi would be my suggestion.

It's very easy to grow, they are very strong and can stand some abuse but obviously better to avoid that. They do get very tall, mine are close on 6 feet.

Growing up in Africa, I smoked a lot of weed, Durban poisons, Maritzburg slugs, Swazi "rooibaard" and others...

To date, I have smoked nothing stronger than a Malawi, except once we got a stash from somewhere in the Zambezi valley, never found it ever again - the stuff of legend!
Yeah I've has some of that Zambezi,it's a killer. Malawi too and of course proper Durban. Not this seed bank commercial kak. Also not what's avaliable growing in South Africa. The rooibaard was my favorite. Happy days.

I once spent a whole week in Swaziland camping out with a home made still.....

Smuggled a whole litre of oil back into S.A. - Those were the days.

If you have the ability Malawi is an excellent choice. Having grown it finishing outside several times I prefer to harvest around 16-17 weeks. The first time I grew it I let it run for 22 weeks. The THC and high was more than I bargained for. I couldn't drive and on the plus side I got to watch cartoons without turning on the tv.

My seeds were from The Real Seed Company.

Back
Top Bottom