Late flower and now this!

Rider509

Just when you think you've got it all figured out one of your plants decides you need more stress in your life.

Knowing nothing about the plant's growing conditions, what do you think has caused this?

IMG_046849.JPG

It is a White Widow auto in late flower, grown in soil. Probably three or four weeks to go. This girl has given me no problems until now. It's like a race horse suddenly pulling up lame just before the finish. I water with a pH of 6.75 and the runoff today was 6.69. Everyone else in the stable is doing fine.

It's normal in late flower to see this on a few leaves. Like to see a pic of the whole plant though.

[Disclaimer]
"I don't know everything. My opinion is just that. It's up to you to research the information offered by me or anyone else. It's not wise to act on the first opinion you get. "

My First DWC Grow - Unknown Strain

do you calibrate your ph meter?
too cold?
your set up looks awesome btw:cheesygrinsmiley:

Good catch on the temp! Yes, I verified the pH meter at two points, and the tent is hovering around 75F (I'm out of CO2 or it'd be up around 85F) and rh50. I even pH the water for the humidifier since tap is at pH7.3. The runoff was outside of the tent overnight. And thank you!

Talked to my local cute grow guru today. She took one look at a photo and without hesitation said it's a phosphorus deficiency caused by pH. She correctly estimated that my pH was closer to 6.8 (it was at 6.86). So I'll be flushing with pH6.3 water until the runoff matches, and then feed with 1/4 strength nutes without the nitrogen component. She also suggested pulling the badly damaged lower fan leaves as they are a burden to the plant. I've heard it both ways with regards to pulling/leaving severely damaged leaves. I'm going to trust her. Hell, she got everything else right!

She concurred with my decision to high phosphate foliar feed the underside of the leaves at lights out with a fan running as a temp fix while the deeper issue is corrected.

I'll report back in a few days.

The soil pH was raised to 6.66 (it seemed appropriate) with a light feeding of a low nitrogen tomato fertilizer with molybdenum, nitrogen free cal-mag, and Great White mycorrhizae. The problem abated with no further progression of discoloration and a renewed growth of flower mass.

Still no idea what caused it but I suspect underfeeding. In my efforts to not overwater and overfeed I may have been starving the plant as it had the biggest mass and was the fastest growing of the three.

Hmmmm.... When i look in my journal i might think about it twice. I thought i had PK deficiencies causing the purple. I maybe went a littlebit hard on the nutes then. I will flush with a neutral ph solution and add some nutes later on. I have quite some problems with trace elements this grow. The soil is not good enough

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Back
Top Bottom