Leaves rolling up on LST experiment

ganjafarmerjo

I have been trying out some LST on my plant. After i did a fatty watering and added new soil the leaves started to roll in on themselves. almost like there rolling themselves into little blunts, which is coll but not what im going for lol. Could the soil have gotten to thick almost mud like or am i looking at a deficiency ?
IMG_026726.JPG
IMG_026825.JPG
IMG_026922.JPG

yes it has drain holes, but what im worried is that the soil is so thick its just retaining water and not draining it. I think i may have accidently used topper soil as the main this so that's why its thick. Im going to go get some normal soil and try transplanting it into there and see if that helps.

yea looks like over-watering... you should probably transplant but in the meantime you can try and disturb the soil GENTLY with your hands or a fork to gently "fluff" it to loosen the soil up and allow air to penetrate threw.... :goodluck:

I have to agree with the above stated. In the pics I see almost no drainage inducing soil amendments present in your mix. That coupled with a 'fatty watering' will definately cause your leaves to swell with water and curl in on themselves.

Allowing them sufficent time to dry will correct the problem but you may run into it again the next watering. I would suggest putting together a new soil mix (as perscribed by Fuzzy Duck) with a Perlite/Vermiculite amendment at 30% or there abouts. This will cause some more stress to the plants but if you wait until they have recovered and dried out a bit, and be sure to get the PH of both soils near the same you can minimize this stress. You will see a decrease in growth for a period while they adjust but I think in the long run this will save you alot of problems with watering.

I am also still relatively new to growing though, so please do further research. One thing I've learned is that you NEVER accept only one source of information. Cultivate information for multiple sources and determine what the 'hard facts' are then proceed from there. Although this is a simple problem it seems that shouldn't require too much research, this is an excellent model to follow since when it comes to Cannabis growing there is no shortage of contradicting theories and information.

**It could be the lighting, but the leaves also appear to be a very dark green. Although this could be the strain this is also a sign of over watering. I recently gave my plants a bit too much water and saw the same effect. Darker leaves and slight drooping.

Back
Top Bottom