Leaves staying green?

Texahontas

Why would the leaves not be yellowing? Entering week 8 of flowering NLights auto, loutdoor grow. First grow. Other plants are a week behind, yet leaves are turning yellow. Started flushing 5days ago.

Attachments

• 53785AD8-5F04-455F-84CD-A21F5F18979A.jpeg
    53785AD8-5F04-455F-84CD-A21F5F18979A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 25
  • E76014EA-DE1A-47EE-BB07-4BB94D537D8D.jpeg
    E76014EA-DE1A-47EE-BB07-4BB94D537D8D.jpeg
    649.2 KB · Views: 29
Hi Tex.... Congratulations! You are actually growing your plant correctly and without any late season deficiencies... so far, and that deserves a pat on the back. Our plants do not need to yellow at the end, that is a myth, promulgated by those who can't grow a plant to the end without die off. You may be pleased to know that organic grows don't fade... because the nutrients are available to the plant all through the grow.

Since you are "flushing" or starving the plants at the end... your yellowing will without doubt soon start... just be patient. Giving water only at the end has been debunked as the WRONG way to finish our plants out, but the internet keeps this myth going too. It sounds like your plant is strong enough to withstand this end of the grow abuse though, so you will get a good harvest.... I just wonder how much better it might have been if you had properly fed them right up to the end and had not been a victim of the "flushing" controversy.

No yellow = genetics. Same with purple and black and red. They will eventually go yellow the big fans will. You're not there yet. NL is a sativa - some dont go yellow until very late in flower.
Your plants look great stay the course.

If you're in soil you dont need to "flush". Just water enough which means extra and every day likely at this point. I've never had plants over watered after like 14 days in flower.

Under watering is usually the problem late in flower. At some point they stop drinking the water - that's your sign to chop.

Wow. All I read is that I must flush at the end. OK to reintroduce nutes to the other two plants that are yellowing? Or is it to late. Interesting thing is that the ones that are turning don’t have as thick of a bud set to them. The green one posted is the only one that I mixed in some compost for transplant into its pot so hence the extra nutes. Is it not true that nutes will make the bud a harsher smoke? Thanks for your insight!!

"Is it not true that nutes will make the bud a harsher smoke?”

It is not true, just an old growers tale.
There is some difference between salt based nutrients vs 100% organic, as in general the organic will have a better terpene profile and very unlikely to have toxicities.
But the taste and smoothness of the smoke is all in proper drying and curing.
Meaning a slow dry taking 10 days or more and then curing for at least a few months.

Well some go yellow more than others I think it just one of those things... at best it might suggest it is a heavy feeder but I would expect other nutrient defs to be present apart from a yellow fan leaf.

I do not want to really try to pin point why, as it has happened to myself on several occasions whilst others have remained green to the end & ye I reuse my own soil/compost with minor amendments.

The 2nd strain I ever grew would start yellowing the 2nd week of flowering & this would go heavy through out the entire flowering period to which that particular strain I grown for 18 months from clones no matter what I changed it went yellow.

Back
Top Bottom