Leaves taco down?

Flowertime

My question is I have noticed that on one of the fingers on the leave curls down from side to side causing it to roll down like a taco. And you can tweak it up and then it will stand straight up. It's not on every leave but I have noticed it on 7 or 8 leaves from the tip top and to the bottom. I have seen this on just about all of my grows "I think" and never give it much thought. But I would like to know what causes it. Any help or do I need to take pictures?

Amnesia haze, dwc, general hydroponics floraseries ppm between 8&900, ph between 5.8&6.1,water temperature 65°, water volume in a 5 gallon bucket is between 2.5 and 2.750 gallons. 600 watt magnetic ballest metal halide xtrasun 10000k light. Timer comes on at 6am and goes off at midnight.
Ps I do have experience.

Attachments

• 20200318_081136.jpg
    20200318_081136.jpg
    832.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200318_080455.jpg
    20200318_080455.jpg
    612.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 20200318_080430.jpg
    20200318_080430.jpg
    754.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20200318_080331.jpg
    20200318_080331.jpg
    728.1 KB · Views: 64
  • 20200318_080317.jpg
    20200318_080317.jpg
    677.5 KB · Views: 56
Also I use hydroguard and run a ActiveAQUA dual air pump AAPA7.8L with a 4 inch airstone. And room temperature is around 75° humidity level between 50% and 60%. 18"durabreeze wall mount fan.

This is my first attempt also I wanted to actually see how hard it is and so far so good. I only wish that I would have had the right stuff from the beginning.
Hey we all have to learn somehow. Overall she looks healthy. I never mind a leaf or 5 being a little out of whack. It's when the entire plant starts looking unhealthy. I am not as far as you in my grow but you seem to have it down. Good luck on the rest of the grow.

Welcome aboard the fun train. Taco can be down to hot spots in the lights if a little too intense , imagine trying to shade your eyes from the sun. If ph, res temp,ppm on point then this is more likely. The key to the hydro is the res. This place has to be spot on with whichever route you take it, beneficials/sterile? and not enough dissolvable oxygen in the res too. Temps ideally need to be below 21 and no light at all getting into the buckets , even through the net pot and balls. just my penneth worth.lol

Hey we all have to learn somehow. Overall she looks healthy. I never mind a leaf or 5 being a little out of whack. It's when the entire plant starts looking unhealthy. I am not as far as you in my grow but you seem to have it down. Good luck on the rest of the grow.
I was just curious to what might be going on. I'm currently in limbo I've been waiting on my delivery from seedsman and can't wait I'm just afraid that this virus thing will have overseas shipments delayed. I've got amnesia haze, sudden impact, thc bomb and a bunch of free ones to, lemon cake, Jack herer, blueberry, plus some 30:1 CBS seeds. All in all I paid for 30 and got 14 for free. I spent around 250 dollars. I want to try a dwc vs. a fox farm ocean forest grow and see what happens and to see if hydroponics is easier than soil and which one produces better quality.

Thanks for shoutout @Zooie :ciao:

I’m a lil short for time atm, @Ganjagrandaddy had a great response. For any further information I’m going to send my man @West Hippie in here to possibly help you with any further questions... he’s a wizard when it comes to hydro.
This isn't just happening with my first attempt with hydroponics I've had this same issue with just about everyone of my grows in quality soil. I understand when they taco up because of heat and or very intense light. But what about when you see one that tacos down? And it's definitely not the claw from nitrogen toxicity. It's not an entire leave just one of the fingers and it can happen from different areas of the plant also.

I wish I could answer that question for you. I went up and took a look at your photos. They look happy otherwise, but I do see what your saying.
Thanks for looking I know it's probably nothing to worry about but it has to be something that I'm doing. Either it's happening when the leaf is very young and gets worse as it grows because it never gets better. When the leaf is mature you can actually fold it upward like a taco and it will hold that position without damaging it. So I'm going to lean maybe towards genetics. This seed came from dispensary top shelf bud and the other plants where second and third generation plants from the Jack herer I originally bought from seedsman. Not blaming seedsman in anyway, I cloned my original Jack almost 2 years ago I just ended up with some seeds from the 3rd generation and I had noticed that leaf problem then I was just hoping that someone else might have seen this and knew what was causing it.

Seeds man has a great reputation. It’s hard to point fingers that it’s genetics. What’s your humidity like in the area? Could it possible, that the humidity either dries it out or makes it so moist, they pick certain/weaker leaves to do that to. Once a leaf weakens, it may never repair its self, to ultimately be the first to go when the plant starts demanding more nutrients... shoot idk, I feel like I went in a big circle there. I’m stoned. :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom