LED heat question

Coreygotwiings

420 Member
My first light came a few days ago HLG 320. It didnt come with any instructions. im testing it just to get a feel of things i have 2 clip fans running on each side and passive intake my intake fan is like 350 ish in a 3x3x6. how the heat sink and driver gets pretty warm but not hot my tent got to 88 and hovered there from a while. i pretty much cut it off after about 2.5 maybe 3 hours becuase i got worried. My question is when should i be worried about how hot the heat sink or the driver gets?... and the room the text is in stays around 75 degrees

since you put it that way, does it make sense to keep the fans on them or should i put them to other use
keeping them as cool as possible, drive efficiency and life span of the diode. Meaning, when your cool it, it allows the diode to use more power, thus, making it brighter, ala efficancy. When they get hot, they use less watts, because they are over heated and over worked, making them less brighter and less efficient.

The no fan design lights are all needs its own heatsink to release heat, and the body usually gets more hot than normal lights with fans. As long as you add some fans in, the temperature will be fine, :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom