LED veg & bloom

Dsrkmattertec54

I have one 600w and one 1500w led. They both have a veg and bloom switch and the ability to turn them both on at the same time.

Should I wait until flowering to flip on veg/bloom or should I constantly be running them both ? Or just use bloom switch during 12/12?

I think it depends on the area you are trying to cover with your lights.
Also what stage of veg you are at.
I started off with a 300w led with the veg switch whilst plants were small.
As they grew I added another 450w led with just the veg switch on.

At around week 4 veg I turned on the bloom switches on both LEDs and raised them to better cover the increasing canopy size.
I'm only covering a 2'x4' area if my area was larger I would have run the bloom switches earlier.
Hope this makes sense.

I think it depends on the area you are trying to cover with your lights.
Also what stage of veg you are at.
I started off with a 300w led with the veg switch whilst plants were small.
As they grew I added another 450w led with just the veg switch on.

At around week 4 veg I turned on the bloom switches on both LEDs and raised them to better cover the increasing canopy size.
I'm only covering a 2'x4' area if my area was larger I would have run the bloom switches earlier.
Hope this makes sense.

The girls are about 5 weeks old. Since I got the lights I've been curious about why theres a veg&bloom option, didnt know if it would be beneficial to run both while I'm vegging.

I'm new to this so I didnt know if turning the bloom switch on with the veg switch would initiate flowering sooner than I want without 12/12

The girls are about 5 weeks old. Since I got the lights I've been curious about why theres a veg&bloom option, didnt know if it would be beneficial to run both while I'm vegging.
I found in got less stretch with both veg and bloom running.
With more light I could raise the lights a little and get a better coverage.
It also seemed to increase the plants water intake (more water consumed means more nutes consumed means more growth)
I'm also a new grower and have been researching tons to try and get it right.
There's a lot to learn and although it's going ok I'm certain my next grow will be an improvement.

If you do flip the bloom switches I would try it on one light at a time and just keep an eye on the upper leaves for signs of light burn.

In your opinion is a Bestva1200w led too much for a 5ft tall tent?
Might be a little too powerful, you need to keep the temperature and better do scrog on the plants to ensure enough space between lights and plants

Might be a little too powerful, you need to keep the temperature and better do scrog on the plants to ensure enough space between lights and plants

So I just had a thought, because I tried putting bloom on as well on the 1200w and it does raise the heat significantly so I do not want to burn the plants. (Also not sure if plants would cease vertical growth if light is too strong and they dont want to reach for it?)
What if I add my 600w to the other side of the tent with veg/bloom on and throw my other plant in with them. I can keep my 1200w on just veg so the lighting doesn't change too dramatically to stress them out. Also, that way there is atleast one bloom switch with that spectrum light on in the tent, but it wont be too strong for them.

Does this seem like a beneficial solution? When I'm ready to switch to 12/12 could I do it with only the 600w bloom switch on?

Here are some photos:
20191210_064531.jpg
20191210_064134.jpg

The bushy plant is in with the 600w but smaller 4ft tent, theres 2ft of clearance between light and top of plant so with veg/bloom (extra power) I'm worried she'll stop growing taller, but in the 5ft tent itll have another foor of room to grow.

Manifolded plant is in 5ft tent with 1200w but I think on full power that is also too strong for it, so I think my solution may work unless someone sees an issue with it?

I've been curious about why theres a veg&bloom option

Once upon a time, someone selling cheap Chinese LED panels wondered, "Hmm, how can I sell more products?" So he stuck two switches on them, wired some of the LEDs to one switch and the rest of them to the other one... and started moving more product. Approximately .00000000001 second later, everyone and their brother started selling LED panels that had two switches on them.

The answer is, "Money, profits, sales." (IMHO, of course.)

I'm new to this so I didnt know if turning the bloom switch on with the veg switch would initiate flowering sooner than I want without 12/12
No, do not have both on in Veg mode. Only the Veg switch. The Bloom switch is when your plants go into flower mode.

Back
Top Bottom