LEDS vs HIDs

Shortguy

I used to use the HIDs back in the 90s but went with LEDs why does it seem slower with LEDs than with the HIDs I remember on my 6th week after vegetation it started to form quite nicely with LEDs that are still look like seedlings why do LEDs seem weaker compared to HIDs?

I used to use the HIDs back in the 90s but went with LEDs why does it seem slower with LEDs than with the HIDs I remember on my 6th week after vegetation it started to form quite nicely with LEDs that are still look like seedlings why do LEDs seem weaker compared to HIDs?
Could depend on the quality of the LED light.

A lot of the "LED companies" advertise fixture wattage as what the LED's are rated for and not the actual draw from the wall. Not all LEDs are created equal... I have great success with "Horticulture lighting group" LED fixtures. I try for 40 - 50 watts per square foot actual draw during flower.

:hookah:

Key thing to remember is to try not to generalize all leds into one or two categories & think you're stuck with them. Leds are very diverse, depending on how they're used to create an efficient spectrum with good spread they can be way better then you have experienced before. It's all about using the right fixture & using it right. Godluck!

The HID you remember probably used 1100 watts of power and the LED 150 watts.
Maybe the heat from HID helped with your environment before, or a better spectrum than the LED you compared. If you're temp is less than ideal everything else will be too.
It still takes a decent LED to beat HIDs, but they're getting better for cheaper all the time.
HIDs still have their strongpoints,...different tools for different environments.
LED is buyer beware for misleading advertising aka equal to ??? watt hps or even how many watts they're fixture use.

I'm loving my led, but cmh is still good too. 90's HPS I'm sure would still grow the good ganja 2020 would be sticker shock for the electric bill though.hmm 2022.puting the bowl down.

Back
Top Bottom