Lighting advice

Autofacade

Hi all!

Looking at switching out my HID bulbs and going to LED to control the temperatures in my room. Looking at going for the lumatek Zeus lights. And wondering if anyone on here can show me some pics of results and review of what they think of the light units.

They are soon to release a new 465w rather than the 600w. I've been told 2x600w LED will be too much for my area 4x8. Advise please???

I switched to LED grow lights and will never look back they are safer, less heat and less electricity consumption and yield is just as great if not better then HSP, HID lights and paired with a DWC system, The grow rate you will see compared to soil growing will make your head spin. 1200w in a 4 x 8 tent is fine it all depends on how many plants you want to grow in that 4 x 8 area. :)

I’ve looked at the Zeus lights
Hi all!

Looking at switching out my HID bulbs and going to LED to control the temperatures in my room. Looking at going for the lumatek Zeus lights. And wondering if anyone on here can show me some pics of results and review of what they think of the light units.

They are soon to release a new 465w rather than the 600w. I've been told 2x600w zeus LED will be too much for my area 4x8. Advise please???

Looking at the specs for the Zeus, you’d be fine with 2 of the 600’s.

looks like they put out 1350 PPFD or so, which isn’t over kill at all.

You’ll like LED’s. I’ll never go back to hps.

You not only save electricity in the lights, but can run your temps a tad higher too.

leaf temp is more important than air temp. Hps put off way more radiant heat than led, so the plant feels less temperature in an led room.

I switched to LED grow lights and will never look back they are safer, less heat and less electricity consumption and yield is just as great if not better then HSP, HID lights and paired with a DWC system, The grow rate you will see compared to soil growing will make your head spin. 1200w in a 4 x 8 tent is fine it all depends on how many plants you want to grow in that 4 x 8 area. :)
I grow 8 plants in that tent 4 in each half under each light unit. Im just worried the 600w x2 will be too much in that size lol

I’ve looked at the Zeus lights

Looking at the specs for the Zeus, you’d be fine with 2 of the 600’s.

looks like they put out 1350 PPFD or so, which isn’t over kill at all.

You’ll like LED’s. I’ll never go back to hps.

You not only save electricity in the lights, but can run your temps a tad higher too.

leaf temp is more important than air temp. Hps put off way more radiant heat than led, so the plant feels less temperature in an led room.
Oh aweosme sounds like they will be OK then :) I was worried I'd have to wait until the 465w came out. But by the sounds of things I'll get better results with the 600's

Cheers mate! And I hope you are well:)

I grow 8 plants in that tent 4 in each half under each light unit. Im just worried the 600w x2 will be too much in that size lol
Nah. 2 x 600 would be fine. But, 2 of the smaller would work too.

plus, you can always raise those 600’s a few inches if the plants do show light burn.

Wait, you don’t use Co2, do you? Without c02 the smaller ones are probably plenty.

I’m used to thinking in terms of having Co2.
Plants can use quite a bit more light With Co2.

The 600w would be fine. I run a very similar light in my hydro tent, the Growers Choice ROI-E680. 680w (vice 600) in a 4x4 and it rocks the heck out of that tent.

Not sure what those lights cost, but if I were doing it all over again I'd end up running to @Budget LED instead. The E680 light (and controller) set me back $1100, and I could have lit it up just as well with Budget LED for around $700.

Just for reference, 4 of these would kick a 4x8 all over the place. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Discount code for forum members knocks the above linked unit to $360. They're a quantum board style light, and each fixture will have 2 panels. With the XL heatsink option (already selected in the above link, as well as the 3500k spectrum for full cycle use) it makes the perfect light for a 4x2 area. (Hence needing 4.)

I've come to appreciate a pair of lights for a space instead of just one big one. Easier to work around, you can raise/lower each to better accommodate plants, more gap between light panels so you can hang things like a UVB strip, or whatever between, etc.

Not that those don't look like nice lights, just saying if you're hesitant with the price, there are some options out there that will work wonders for less. :cheesygrinsmiley:

If I had a 4x8 grow space I'd order two of the green beast from @Budget LED in series 3+! LM301H diode boards, meanwell driver and an adjustable frame!
Thank you and also to @multiVortex both made great suggestions. If you have any particular question please let me know.

Here are some more bits to add to add more light on the situation!!! (See what i did there "light on the situation) such a funny man.

Anyway! Heres the specs.
Reviews have been amazing and stating best advance in LED in the last 20 years!

@SmokeSara
@Glookies1
@Herby Paisley
@multiVortex

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200602-224617_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200602-224617_Samsung Internet.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 61
  • Screenshot_20200602-224630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200602-224630_Samsung Internet.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 52
$900 though? I'd rather have the UV from the series 3+ Budget LED too and they are only 100w less and $200 cheaper.

Exactly.

Now where strip-type lights shine the best is their evenness in footprint. That’s the top thing I love about my GC light. If I’m at 950ppfd center, I know that my weakest point in the tent will be the corners where it dips just below 800. An inch out of the corner and it’s 800+.

I could grow just as well with 2 of the 250w’s from Budget LED, and save 200w in the process.

Lets not forget about the new Full Spec coming out in June. With a veg and flower mode along with a UV option!

IMG_20200528_152407_565.jpg

20200509_201515.jpg

20200602_180442.jpg

20200602_180457.jpg

So we reckon that they aren't worth the moneys?? I'm from the UK so not sure the budget LED stuff will get to me?
We do ship internationally but locally it may be a better option. Also look into Invisible Sun.

Hmmmm OK so say I'm stupid and not far off it and decide to buy the over priced lumatek will it be too much for the space or is it under spec. I have watched a video from migrow doing a test of the lights performance. He tests all lights on the market and he states it smashes all LED lights off the market. Even his own brand he says doesn't come near.

Alternatively is there another lighting system out there for similar price that will be better? In the UK and current. Im struggling with temps and not being In full summer yet I need them in ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom