Lollipopping

Personaly i wait till they are in flower and even then i only take small amounts at a time... it will take me about a month to fully lollypop my current grow

Hey @MVcowboy! I find it's best to do in veg before you flip to 12/12, cannabis can take loads of stress in veg and recover quickly, but during bloom/flowering the plant does not recover quickly from stress/abuse as it is putting all it's energy into flowering. :yummy: Hope that helped.
I'm not sure i'd agree with the above method as you'll be stressing the plant over a period of time and not allowing it time to recover, and doing so in flower will definitely effect flower production negatively.

I think I’m gonna try out what Preston said
Feel free to pop over to my journal "Temple of Bloom"... the link is in my signature.

Do yourself a favor.... just jump to the current stuff. LoL, it is years worth of stoned ramblings.

Anyhow, I have a bunch of good pics over there on how I trim & train.
:thumb:
You're always welcome to stop questions there too... I'll try my best to give a reliable answer.
:passitleft:

I prune the lowest nodes one at a time in veg as they hit the 4th and 5th nodes. Leaves 6 good arms to stretch out and let fill in. I take off the growth tips closest to the main stem sometimes the next one out as well. I also trim off any fan leaves that point back towards the main stem to help the insides fill up.

I do mine just before flip. As you don't want all that scraggly crap to explode to a tangled mess (especially if you scrog) just give a 5-7 days to recover before changing the lights. I generally keep an eye out for odd returning tiny pieces trying to regrow and pick them off weekly. The key is only do that to super tiny new growths as it won't stress the plant to remove. That takes care of lolypoping. Defoliation is different and not to be confused with lolypoping. That happens about week 3 in flower after the stretch is almost done. That way you don't stall the stretch. Think that the idea Is uncovering some bud sites and keep in mind the smaller fans and sugar leaves will start to fill out into buds. Air flow is the more important reason to defoliate. Light is not fully required for buds. But toward the end as last 2 week of flower friends and I finally defoliate to uncover buds to help finish them up. Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom