Lonestar's RDWC V1.5 Lemon Walker

Lonestar11

Good evening world! Today's been a good day! Seeds came in from seedsman, did the final touches on my RDWC system, and it's 4/20 tomorrow!! Have two Lemon Walker OG germinating right now. Plan on starting them in my Aerogarden then transplanting into the two 5gal RDWC system. Will try to update this as much as possible .
420-magazine-mobile1858203651.jpg

420-magazine-mobile607226146.jpg

420-magazine-mobile632649248.jpg

I'll take a seat as well for this one. Thats a very ingenious, very good looking system you've built. Its the first I've seen where you're pumping from the buckets back to the reservoir. Do you pump and drain from the bottom of the buckets or are there risers inside the buckets? Could you tell us about you're planned lighting as well? Very cool, good luck with the Lemon Walker.

I'll take a seat as well for this one. Thats a very ingenious, very good looking system you've built. Its the first I've seen where you're pumping from the buckets back to the reservoir. Do you pump and drain from the bottom of the buckets or are there risers inside the buckets? Could you tell us about you're planned lighting as well? Very cool, good luck with the Lemon Walker.

Not sure what you mean by having risers in the buckets? The water pump is located externally(inline, black thing with vertical pvc) and as for draining I haven't come up with a permanent method, so for now it will be siphon hose and wet vac. The lights I'm using are galaxy hydro 300w led, have two of them.

Sorry for the confusion. What I was wondering is, are your lines for filling from the reservoir and returning to the reservoir both at the bottom of the buckets or is there an elbow and pipe inside the tanks so you fill and return from different levels. Hope that makes more sense.

I was reading your other thread about getting an effective seal through the thickness of the cooler with the large PVC pipes. What did you end up doing there? Looks very clean.

Sorry for the confusion. What I was wondering is, are your lines for filling from the reservoir and returning to the reservoir both at the bottom of the buckets or is there an elbow and pipe inside the tanks so you fill and return from different levels. Hope that makes more sense.

The return to the res is the vertical pvc that's at the face of the res. After exiting the 5gallon buckets it Gets recirculated with the water pump back into the res. Does that answer your question?

I was reading your other thread about getting an effective seal through the thickness of the cooler with the large PVC pipes. What did you end up doing there? Looks very clean.

I found some bulkheads that were long enough to cover the thickness. Although I'm having a small leak on one side. I have a few weeks to figure it out and get everything 100% sealed

I had a similar issue with one of the 1.5" Uniseals on my system. I used some aquarium grade silicone and it fixed it right up.

Here's the stuff I used. It said harmless to fish on the tube so I figured it would be OK for the plants, and it is.
marineland.jpg

I used some masking tape and masked around the area where I was smearing the silicone then peeled it off after. It just cleaned up the edges of the silicone and left a little neater appearance.

Here's the stuff I used. It said harmless to fish on the tube so I figured it would be OK for the plants, and it is.
marineland.jpg

I used some masking tape and masked around the area where I was smearing the silicone then peeled it off after. It just cleaned up the edges of the silicone and left a little neater appearance.

I will be doing the same. Thanks for the tip!

Have you considered doing a journal of this grow, they're a pretty good time. You'd get tons more traffic and a lot of help from the experienced guys and gals, although Rifleman is about as good as I've seen for the dwc stuff.

Check out this link.
How to Make a Grow Journal

Back
Top Bottom