Splif Larue's RDWC Very Purple Urkle Grow Journal - 2014

Splif Larue

Hey fellow advocates and cannabis lovers,

:welcome:Welcome to Splif Larue's RDWC Very Purple Urkle Grow Journal - 2014. As I begin my grow journal, I’d like everyone who reads this to know how fortunate I feel to have to have this forum to share, develop and grow (pun intended.) I look forward to hearing from other growers out there.

Today a great day. Because I’m kicking off a whole new indoor grow. I love indoor growing because I get to play Mother Nature. This grow will be completed using a RDWC Hydroponic System. What is an RDWC Hydroponic System? RDWC stands for Recirculating Deep Water Culture. So an RDWC hydroponic system is a little different than DWC because the water is constantly cycling in and around the roots of the plant.

Why grow RDWC versus other methods? With a Recirculating Deep Water Culture Hydroponic System, it’s just like your growing in the bed of a riverbank. That’s because much like the banks of a river, the water is in constantly moving. This results in greater root stimulation and nutrient distribution. This constant stimulation is similar in principle to running a fan in your grow room. Fans create movement and greater oxygen distribution. This stimulates vegetation and helps you get healthier branches, leaves and limbs. RDWC also creates root movement and greater oxygen distribution. This creates stronger roots and, you guessed it, bigger buds.

I feel very fortunate to have a couple of Purple Urkle seeds to grow. My short term goal is to get a couple of plants up and running in my vegetation room, clip a couple of clones and move the original two girls into the grow room for flowering.

I excited to be working with Purple Urkle this time. Purple Urkle seeds can be rare. This is most often a clone-only strain that comes out of compassionate user clubs in California. It’s a true classic as medical marijuana stains go. Based on my understanding, Purple Urkle originated from California and dates back to the late 1980's.
For me growing is a fun hobby and an outlet for creativity.

This grow should be fun. I’m looking forward to training the branches in hopes of better cola production. I’ll start early training my youngsters with the intention of developing nice and sturdy multi-stem plants!

In summary:
• I’m starting with 2 Purple Urkle seeds.
• This grow should last about 8-10 weeks.
• I’ll be using a RDWC System.
More on my grow room and other details regarding my complete set up in future posts.

This is Splif Larue – over and out!
:Namaste:

:thanks:
If you dig RDWC, maybe you'll dig these pics of my recent Pineapple Chunk grow.
Cluster1.jpg

IMG_005444.JPG
DWRC-1.JPG
IMG_050724.JPG

:green_heart:Alright! Time to celebrate the arrival of my new little baby girl Purple Urkle! Here she is. Can't wait to get her into the RDWC hydroponic system and watch her grow. :thumb:
photo583.JPG

:high-five:Can't wait. The sister popped up her head yesterday. So both Purple Urkle seeds sprouted! Now just need to bring them up with TLC. Decided to also add some Big Buddha x Blue Cheese (#6) to the mix. Trying to sprout those now too. Gonna do a "sea of green" type RDWC grow this time. Gonna clean my room up nice and titty right after this harvest. Got my Pineapple Chunk on rinse now. :cheer:
rinse_day.jpg

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom