Looking for a couple of good autos

RonnieB2

420 Member
Im on an autoflower kick and have been growing a few, but I still haven't found exactly what I am looking for or Im just extremely curious. LOL..I know Fast Buds, and all the usual names..I was hoping to find something unique or unique to me. Im looking at Roc Buds Inc right now and will probably buy a few strains. I am open to any suggestions, especially autos that take longer than 70 days..Mephisto, is one I can't find and would love to try too...So, if you have a suggestion, feel free to post..Thanks

Im on an autoflower kick and have been growing a few, but I still haven't found exactly what I am looking for or Im just extremely curious. LOL..I know Fast Buds, and all the usual names..I was hoping to find something unique or unique to me. Im looking at Roc Buds Inc right now and will probably buy a few strains. I am open to any suggestions, especially autos that take longer than 70 days..Mephisto, is one I can't find and would love to try too...So, if you have a suggestion, feel free to post..Thanks
If you are looking for quantity a photoperiod plant may be the way to go for you. If you run autos because of space constraints veg a photo for 3 weeks or so. I have been looking at Think Big for a longtime. Its a strain from Dutch Passion. Its known to grow very large with a great yield... Thats why I like it, it acts like a photo. The down side is its a 14 week plant

I just jumped on Autos because I was forced to grow outdoors since 1986, playing cat and mouse, hiking, dealing with the heat and bugs...I wanted some convenience lol...I don't have space constraints other than my light hanger that I made too short, but cement blocks will fix that issue...Check out Roc Buds Inc...Google them and look at some of the grow diaries. I was really impressed..Especially for the prices...I have bought from them yet, but from what I have seen and read, everyone loves them and the plants and buds look incredible with excellent yields. Ethos is one that I grew and its a fine tasting smoke, but their yields arent very impressive to me..So far, fast buds has impressed me the most as far as consistency and overall quality ..Im not saying they are the best, but they sure aren't the worst...I've had some great yields and what I think is good quality from them

I just jumped on Autos because I was forced to grow outdoors since 1986, playing cat and mouse, hiking, dealing with the heat and bugs...I wanted some convenience lol...I don't have space constraints other than my light hanger that I made too short, but cement blocks will fix that issue...Check out Roc Buds Inc...Google them and look at some of the grow diaries. I was really impressed..Especially for the prices...I have bought from them yet, but from what I have seen and read, everyone loves them and the plants and buds look incredible with excellent yields. Ethos is one that I grew and its a fine tasting smoke, but their yields arent very impressive to me..So far, fast buds has impressed me the most as far as consistency and overall quality ..Im not saying they are the best, but they sure aren't the worst...I've had some great yields and what I think is good quality from them
Nice. I'll do an auto someday. Its on my list

I have 2 packs that I need to start now...FB Gorilla Glue and Seedsman Zkittlez Autos...
I've grown Lemon Zkittles. Rock hard buds... buds about the size and shape of a hand grenade

CLones arent an option for me. I don't know anyone who grows..I have 6 photo period plants that I am going to plant, as soon as my new light arrives..I hope too anyway..I want to be able to force them to flower and try training ...Growing outdoors has its draw backs ..Especially at my age

CLones arent an option for me. I don't know anyone who grows..I have 6 photo period plants that I am going to plant, as soon as my new light arrives..I hope too anyway..I want to be able to force them to flower and try training ...Growing outdoors has its draw backs ..Especially at my age
What strains are the photoperiod plants? What kind of lights?

I believe its just a regular plant, we've just always said that term..You plant a regular plant indoors, let it get 2 feet or 3 feet high. Then switch it to 12/12..It'll grow about double then start flowering

The Photoperiod of cannabis plants grown indoors
When we talk about photoperiod, we mean the daily hours of light and darkness that any given living organism receives, while photoperiodism refers to the physiological reaction provoked by the length of day or night, and the way it affects the behaviour and development of these plants and animals.
In botany, each subspecies has its own specific photoperiod, but plants can be classified into three groups: short-day plants, long-day plants and day-neutral plants. Cannabis is a short-day plant (with the exception of Cannabis Ruderalis autoflowering varieties), which means that it needs long nights with over 12 hours of uninterrupted darkness to trigger flowering.
In the plant world, both the light intensity as well as the daily hours of light/darkness determine the biological functions of organisms, such as seed germination, growth, flowering and maturing processes. In this way, the development of plants can be activated or suppressed depending on lighting conditions, meaning that, for example, most plant species are unable to flourish unless they receive a certain number of hours of darkness.

I believe its just a regular plant, we've just always said that term..You plant a regular plant indoors, let it get 2 feet or 3 feet high. Then switch it to 12/12..It'll grow about double then start flowering

A regular plant is one that hasn't been feminized. It could be a male or female, and its a photoperiod plant. If I were you I would only buy feminized seeds for now.
That's a basic description for veg and bloom. Theres a lot more to it usually. You will want to read threads and reviews of your strain before you start.. I have aa 80/20 indica that has 62 inch branches. The one next to it didnt grow taller than 24 these are genotypes that can vary sometimes. Basically, if you have a large room you can grow anything you want with training. If you grow in a 3x3 closet and your next strain is Durban Poison (strain) you will not want to grow it to 3 feet, because the streach may push you out of the room.

I have found Fastbuds Girl Scout Cookies auto to be the strongest one I have grown. Blue Dream'matic is not quite as strong (still quite good) but the plants grow like mad. I got nearly a half a pound off each plant when I grew two of them indoors. I am growing a Seedsman Amnesia auto right now that is growing amazingly well.

I have only grown Autos so far and I haven't seen a compelling reason to switch to photoperiods, but I'm sure I will eventually. Fastbuds and Seedsman genetics have been pretty darned good to me so far. I've had problems as a newb, but all but one of my plants has produced quality bud and the one that didn't still produced a lot of bud that has turned into a lot of kief/hash.

Check out my grow journals in my sig if you are interested in what I have done. Didn't journal my Girl Scout Cookies grow, but pics of the plant are in the first page of my Blue Dream'matic journal.

I’ve done just a few autos, but still trying to get them to grow the way I want them too. A lot of them have been short gals but Californian Snow from Fast Buds grew to 30” but wasn’t a big yield. My best result so far was Dutch Passion‘s Critical Orange Punch. Grew to 34” and yielded 88g dried in the end. I also grew the feminized version of the plant. Overall I liked the feminized taste better, but the auto was close. They also seem to have a stronger gassier smell to them but the buds were slightly less compact in comparison. Still I will be growing it again and would recommend.

Hey Ronnie B2, I have been growing for 5yrs. both photoperiod and auto flowers, autos have come along way in that time. Solid breeders for autos; Dutch Passion- Glueberry OG, Seedsman- Sour Diesel Haze, Pyramid Seeds- Amnesia Gold, Sweet Seeds- Sweet Trainwreck, World of Seeds- Wild Coffee Ryder, Wild Thailand Ryder, Advanced Seeds- Gelato #33. All of these are auto's and great producers, the average height is 2'-7", average amount 2oz's chopped and in jars and this is for each plant except for the Amnesia Gold which gave me 19gr. 1'-10" it was a sickly seedling but I never gave up on her, glad I didn't the buds are purple a really good sativa. Total time for all 6mos."Note", I pollinated The Glueberry OG and Sour Diesel Haze with a male Glueberry OG, lots of seeds- MAR-JUN; Sour Diesel Haze, Glueberry OG, Pyramid Gold, JUN-AUG; Wild Thailand Ryder and Gelato #33. All are in 3gal pots, Pro-Mix HP soilless mix, Fox farm nutes. I used two tents a 2'x2'x6' for veg. 300w LED and a 4'x4'x6'-5" for flower 600w HPS, I'm switching out the 600W HPS for a 1200w LED to cut down on the heat and electricity, will see if it produces the same. Well now you have options, I would suggest you find a good male to pollinate your best females just a few limbs though tie them with ribbons so you remember :rolleyes: I hope this helped.

Attachments

• 20200605_134219.jpg
    20200605_134219.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Gelato # 33 11JUL20.jpg
    Gelato # 33 11JUL20.jpg
    715.7 KB · Views: 56
  • Gluberry og main bud 10MAY20 (1).jpg
    Gluberry og main bud 10MAY20 (1).jpg
    646.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Glueberry OG and Sour Diesel seeds.jpg
    Glueberry OG and Sour Diesel seeds.jpg