Looking for a good Sativa. Any suggestions?

MMRC Grower

I'm not a big fan of the couchlock high that you get from the indicas. If I smoke indicas, the rest of my day becomes unproductive, so I'm looking for something that has a real strong UP high. That will get me moving. I dont care about height or flowering time. I just want to find something with a strong but clear, energetic head high.

Any suggestions would be great!!

I plan on growing Honey B by Barney's Farm for my next grow. Looks like its a great strain. Congo Haze by Dampkring is also supposed to be a great strain. It's a cross between John Sinclair and Neville's Haze; two highly respected strains. Both Congo Haze and Honey B are top notch connoisseur strains. Honey B is supposed to have exceptional yields.

I plan on growing Honey B by Barney's Farm for my next grow. Looks like its a great strain. Congo Haze by Dampkring is also supposed to be a great strain. It's a cross between John Sinclair and Neville's Haze; two highly respected strains. Both Congo Haze and Honey B are top notch connoisseur strains. Honey B is supposed to have exceptional yields.

Thanks a lot. Yeah.... Im not really worried about the yield. Dont get me wrong... those fat, hard buds are awesome, but when it comes to Sativa... I've heard that its those loose, little, pathetic looking buds that give that great Sativa high.

I'm growing to gain patients and to make people feel better. If I have to grow small, light weight, fluffy buds..... thats what I'll grow. I'm more about satisfaction, than cash in my pocket. I want people to smoke what I grow and say.... "damn.... thats some good shit..." ... but in slow motion, while saying that. lol.

These are the strains I'm looking at so far.....

NYC Diesel
Cinderella 99
Jack Herer
Super Lemon Haze
Hawaiian Snow
and
TrainWreck

What do you guys think???

Diesel For Sure, Greatest high i've had in awhile. I've heard nothing but great things about TrainWreck.

Whatever it is, I will be looking out for its journal.

Thanks a lot. Yeah.... Im not really worried about the yield. Dont get me wrong... those fat, hard buds are awesome, but when it comes to Sativa... I've heard that its those loose, little, pathetic looking buds that give that great Sativa high.

I'm growing to gain patients and to make people feel better. If I have to grow small, light weight, fluffy buds..... thats what I'll grow. I'm more about satisfaction, than cash in my pocket. I want people to smoke what I grow and say.... "damn.... thats some good shit..." ... but in slow motion, while saying that. lol.

NYC Diesel
Cinderella 99
Jack Herer
Super Lemon Haze
Hawaiian Snow
and
TrainWreck

Trust me Congo Haze and Honey B will make your patients say damn. The Honey B is a large plant with a 90+ day veg, defiantly a top notch sativa by anyone's standards. Congo haze is a cross of John Sinclair which is an extremely popular underground strain in Amsterdam. Congo haze itself took 4th in the 2007 CC, which is great considering the corporate hype of other companies, it also has a similar veg time. Seriously these are some of the best genetics in the world and are defiantly not cash croppers. They aren't majorly hyped strains like the one's you are listing, but they are truly some of the best.

Cinderella 99?? I thought that stain was no longer available...the brothers grimm don't breed anymore, have been looking for it for quite some time but have been unable to find it. Even some old school growers who i know, that grew it in the 90's, don't know where to find it anymore. I would be very interested to know where you are getting it.

On a side note about your fluffy sativa buds. True 100% sativa buds aren't at all fluffy, the buds are actually nothing like indica and indica cross buds. The are almost like a bunch of resin coated leaves, very different from the round indica buds ppl are used to. I have mostly smoked hybrids with the typical bud type we are used to seeing but on a few occasions have had the fortune of getting some true (100%) sativa. The buds are kinda hard to describe but basically its almost like a bunch of leaves woven together with no real solid parts. A "nug" that weighs an eighth can be as big as you fist The "nugs" - if you can call them that, are very large but mostly just empty space. If you were to crush the "bud" in your hand, would basically look like a bunch of crushed up leaves. Most people if they saw a true sativa bud would think it was sh*t weed because of the way it looks, but IMHO its the best bud there is. Also NONE of the strains you will find online will be true sativas as they are impractical for 95% of growers to grow. Huge plants with minimal weight that require close to 6 month of flower.

Re: Looking for a good Sativa. Any suggestions??

I've been hearing a lot about NYC Diesel. You ever smoked any of that? I think thats going to be my next strain.

I've smoked what was called "Diesel" and it was awesome! I'm not sure if it was real NYC Diesel. I'm growing Diesel by Dinafem, it's easy to grow so far, and maturing faster then the other 2 strains I'm growing. I'm sure it's not 100% sativa.

The Diesel I smoked tasted like no other pot I've had. Almost like smoking pure hash, with a strong taste, a good taste, real flavorful. The high was a real psychedelic head high.

I do not believe too many people have smoked true 100% sativas. Well, at least recently. Most equatorial sativas (Thai, Mexican and Colombian) have been crossed with indica. I see one can buy what they claim is pure sativa but most are a cross. All the ones mentioned above are diffently hybrids. Seems like they classify the plant (seed) by the type of high. You can grow short indica looking plants with a cerebral soaring high and a piney smell. You can also grow tall lanky plants that will give a narcoic stoney feel. Todays buds are usually a mix of the two. IMO I would look for seeds or dried herb that contain Thai percentage in the plant.

I sent you a PM

About the Cinderella 99. This was a strain grown by The Grimm Brothers that was a highly popularized strain because it was small and compact and had a 6 week flower period - all while having the soaring up sativa high. It was so highly prized because of its very short flower period unlike typical sativas. The grimm brothers no longer produces any seeds so any seed you get claiming to be a Cinderella 99 will either be a knock off, an F2 or later, or simple a cross with something else (you can find lots of these on seedbay). IMPO it would not be wont buying CC99 as you would not be able to achieve the 6 week flower period in anything on the market today going by the name CC99. --Plant classifications are typically based on the dominant type either sativa or indica.

KiwiSeeds and Dampkring are companies that specialize in sativa dominant strands and everything they have to offer it really top notch. There are other companies with great sativa doms out there but none that really specialize in it. Im not trying to sell them, its just I am really impressed with what they offer and am beginning to work my way through their different seeds. I think they sell 20 different strand between the 2, only 3 of which are indica dom plants. I currently am waiting to sprout some mako haze by them which won the CC. The only reason i went with this strain for this grow is i don't have the space to grow out non fem'd seeds and select the best pheno as some of their seeds aren't available to us fem'd.

Good Luck

I also prefer the sativas....am a mm patient....so is hubby....he loves the indicas, so we do have a mixed garden....i get seeds at single seed...love their service....what i like is
sour diesel, nyc diesel, strawberry haze, and blackjack.....on the indica side he loves bubba kush, on the mixed side, we both like ca. orange, white widow, we are currently trying LA confidential, train wreck, dutch delite (grows great) and a couple more strawberry haze and bubba kush.....we use fox farms, and baby them like crazy...only the best for the girls, and it has paid off....we got 14 in. buds on the st. hz. and 10 in. on t he bk....we did not keep them whole but took lots of pics....we also take the time to cure them, and the difference is unbelievable.....hope this helps....hope to later put some pics up, or send them in to 420 to use....

NYC Diesel
Cinderella 99
Jack Herer
Super Lemon Haze
Hawaiian Snow
and
TrainWreck

I think I'm growing Super Lemon Haze next. I definitely want to grow some Jack Herer, except they're hard to find. Every place I checked were out of Jack Herer seeds. Hawaiian Snow looks good too!

There are plenty of tight budded sativas and indicas. If they are thin light fluffy buds it's probably due to a light deficiency. My friend is growing Trainwreck right now and it's in week 4 of flowering and is a very high sativa with very tight buds. Some strains on both sides indica/sativa have phenotypes that will produce the buds you are talking about but it is certainly not synonymous to sativas. I too am a med mj caregiver/patient and a majority of patients I run into prefer heavy indicas for medical use due to the body high of it and pain relief. Just my 2 cents.

i tried two haw.snow seeds and neither sprouted....did not reorder, but would have loved to tried....the j.h. are great, but they were the two that brought in the spider mites i now am trying to get rid of, so have to learn to like them again...yeah, i know they were not the cause....it was me....the wh. wid. was terrific, and the diesels were totally awesome....

I'm not a big fan of the couchlock high that you get from the indicas. If I smoke indicas, the rest of my day becomes unproductive, so I'm looking for something that has a real strong UP high. That will get me moving. I dont care about height or flowering time. I just want to find something with a strong but clear, energetic head high.

Any suggestions would be great!!

I reccomend the Sativa mix pack from Sanniesshop. It has Sannie's Jack, Killing fields, and Jack Hammer. These are three great strains, especially the Killing fields. Just look at Major Toms grow pics on here!

Here is the Killing fields
Killing-Fields-shop.jpg

Here is the Sannie's Jack
Sannies_Jack_F5-1.jpg

There are plenty of tight budded sativas and indicas. If they are thin light fluffy buds it's probably due to a light deficiency. My friend is growing Trainwreck right now and it's in week 4 of flowering and is a very high sativa with very tight buds. Some strains on both sides indica/sativa have phenotypes that will produce the buds you are talking about but it is certainly not synonymous to sativas. I too am a med mj caregiver/patient and a majority of patients I run into prefer heavy indicas for medical use due to the body high of it and pain relief. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah. I have Great White Shark in the garden right now and thats a pretty heavy Indica with the couch lock high. I havent opened up yet. So far I only have about 5 patients that have given me there paper work and filled out my Collective app. So if it turns out that its the couchlock high they want and I run out of Great White, then I'll just have to get some from other growers. All my patients are friends or relatives and so far only one of them has the card for pain related issues. The others have the card for other reasons.

Back
Top Bottom