Looking for a good Sativa. Any suggestions?

T- Wreck is a great strain but I have heard a bitch to grow.

I got 5 A-Train seed from Th seeds (trainwreck X afghan Mazar) so it should make a more stout growing plant and the high I have heard is a crushing experience.

T- Wreck is a great strain but I have heard a bitch to grow.

I got 5 A-Train seed from Th seeds (trainwreck X afghan Mazar) so it should make a more stout growing plant and the high I have heard is a crushing experience.

ok so that lends itself to my thinking that I must've gotten it from a bad grow. I just got it thru a friend, and that person didn't know where it came from either. Pot's never as good when u don't know where it comes from...

I am gonna have to buy some SLH seeds. CC winner 2 in a row DAMN. Last repeater was Super Silver Haze awhile back. Greenhouse has some good strains going for them.

So do I. Im germinating them right now. Thanks a lot.

Good Luck MMRC. I'm a sativa man also. Couch lock just isnt what it used to be. Of course that could be because im an old fart and I cut my teeth on red, gold, and Thai.

I'm looking forward to your grow! :goodluck: :peace:

Good Luck MMRC. I'm a sativa man also. Couch lock just isnt what it used to be. Of course that could be because im an old fart and I cut my teeth on red, gold, and Thai.

I'm looking forward to your grow! :goodluck: :peace:

Thanks a lot. Im actually harvesting my Lemon Skunk tomorrow morning. Thats a pretty tall, thin Sativa dominant plant.

You old-farts need some Afghani in your diet that does the trick.

Hey Ghost I'll try almost anything, but I just don't like to feel stupid. Unfortunately that happens to often......but I'm working on that. My next grow will be Skywalker because it is needed then it's a good yielding Sativa. Just not sure what yet. I'm here enrolling in OFU to be more productive. :smokin: :peace:

I just posted this same exact thing... but thought I'd post it here too, since we're talking Sativa's... here's what I got going so you dont have to go and find my grow journal's.

You got it StinkFinger.....

So I havent posted much in the past few weeks. Been very busy with everything. I run a Computer Networking Company, have 2 kids, a wife... and Im starting a collective, while taking care of these plants.... So I'm pretty busy... but here they go.

Some of my new toys and my one plants harvest today. I'll be harvesting the rest of my plants in the next week or two.

Here she is... my Lemon Skunk from GreenHouse Seed. All together I weighed in 177.2 grams. So after everything is all dry, I'm expecting maybe an ounce and a half. Pretty good for this skinny Sativa dom.
DSC_02772.jpg

I'm 5'11" to give you something to scale it to.
DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_02921.jpg

177.2 Grams wet.
DSC_03052.jpg

Main Cola.... small, but it packs a punch.
DSC_03042.jpg

I swear... they were a lot more white. Once they sat and dried out a bit, they started to turn this golden color.
DSC_0297.jpg

Thats all thats left of her. Poor girl.
DSC_0296.jpg

Made some hash...
DSC_03371.jpg

A few of my new toys...

100 Gallon Per Day RO system. Brings my 285 ppm tap water to 3ppm.
DSC_0336.jpg

Hash Bags hanging out to dry after a job well done.
DSC_03351.jpg

Added CO2 to my flowering room. Im still trying to get all of my vent fans and CO2 are the right schedules.
DSC_02482.jpg

Now for a quick look at my 3 rooms....

My Seedling/Clone room
DSC_0330.jpg

My Veg Room. I just transferred these plant over here today.
DSC_03292.jpg

.... and here's my flowering room and some nice bud shots....
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_02442.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Clipboard013.jpg

I lifted the camera up pretty high. This picture didnt come out too well.
DSC_03332.jpg

And.. thats about it for now. From the looks of the Trich's, my OG Kush is going to be next. I'm just waiting to see just a few more amber heads. I dont really see any yet. Maybe on or two every here and there. So Im expecting to chop that puppy down between Monday and Wednesday next week. The after that my 3 PPP's will be coming down, then my Great White Shark. The Great White Shark's trich's are all pretty much clear right now. I'm glad too. Theres not very good bud formation on that. So Im hoping that it will fill in a little more before harvest time.

Thanks for checking out my grow. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think...

DSC_0336.jpg

tiger and mmrc..

mmrc,
wow, those look terrific....yes, i also do 3 rooms...really works great...i average about 1/4 of the wet weight when dry....sometimes, it more, depends on the plant, and other times its less, had one that weighed less t han an oz. when done....needless to say i dc'd that one...i did try it twice tho to see if it was something i was doing...the second time it weighed about the same...ugh...waste of space....good luck on all your ventures..lavendar...+reps

tiger,
after doing my grows with 2 spaces for over a yr...we did finally put up a 3rd room...love it, just more space for everyone...good luck...lavendar...+reps

I just posted this same exact thing... but thought I'd post it here too, since we're talking Sativa's... here's what I got going so you dont have to go and find my grow journal's.

You got it StinkFinger.....

So I havent posted much in the past few weeks. Been very busy with everything. I run a Computer Networking Company, have 2 kids, a wife... and Im starting a collective, while taking care of these plants.... So I'm pretty busy... but here they go.

Some of my new toys and my one plants harvest today. I'll be harvesting the rest of my plants in the next week or two.

Here she is... my Lemon Skunk from GreenHouse Seed. All together I weighed in 177.2 grams. So after everything is all dry, I'm expecting maybe an ounce and a half. Pretty good for this skinny Sativa dom.
DSC_02772.jpg

I'm 5'11" to give you something to scale it to.
DSC_0281.jpg

DSC_02921.jpg

177.2 Grams wet.
DSC_03052.jpg

Main Cola.... small, but it packs a punch.
DSC_03042.jpg

I swear... they were a lot more white. Once they sat and dried out a bit, they started to turn this golden color.
DSC_0297.jpg

Thats all thats left of her. Poor girl.
DSC_0296.jpg

Made some hash...
DSC_03371.jpg

A few of my new toys...

100 Gallon Per Day RO system. Brings my 285 ppm tap water to 3ppm.
DSC_0336.jpg

Hash Bags hanging out to dry after a job well done.
DSC_03351.jpg

Added CO2 to my flowering room. Im still trying to get all of my vent fans and CO2 are the right schedules.
DSC_02482.jpg

Now for a quick look at my 3 rooms....

My Seedling/Clone room
DSC_0330.jpg

My Veg Room. I just transferred these plant over here today.
DSC_03292.jpg

.... and here's my flowering room and some nice bud shots....
DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0259.jpg

DSC_02442.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Clipboard013.jpg

I lifted the camera up pretty high. This picture didnt come out too well.
DSC_03332.jpg

And.. thats about it for now. From the looks of the Trich's, my OG Kush is going to be next. I'm just waiting to see just a few more amber heads. I dont really see any yet. Maybe on or two every here and there. So Im expecting to chop that puppy down between Monday and Wednesday next week. The after that my 3 PPP's will be coming down, then my Great White Shark. The Great White Shark's trich's are all pretty much clear right now. I'm glad too. Theres not very good bud formation on that. So Im hoping that it will fill in a little more before harvest time.

Thanks for checking out my grow. Leave me a comment letting me know what you think...

DSC_0336.jpg

MMRC Extremely sweet setup. + rep. I'm really interested in your grow. What is the size of your tent, heat problems, and watts of your light? Also do you have any leaks on your hydro system. What size rez are you using. If you have already answered this just let me know where to look and Ill dig it up. :yummy: I'm an old fart and the draining of 1 rez vs 16 is very appealing.

:thanks: :peace:

tiger and mmrc..

mmrc,
wow, those look terrific....yes, i also do 3 rooms...really works great...i average about 1/4 of the wet weight when dry....sometimes, it more, depends on the plant, and other times its less, had one that weighed less t han an oz. when done....needless to say i dc'd that one...i did try it twice tho to see if it was something i was doing...the second time it weighed about the same...ugh...waste of space....good luck on all your ventures..lavendar...+reps

tiger,
after doing my grows with 2 spaces for over a yr...we did finally put up a 3rd room...love it, just more space for everyone...good luck...lavendar...+reps

Hey Lavendar,

Ive been reading your posts and you have a tremendous amount of experience with sativas.
Do you have a favorite high yielding sativa? :peace:

M,
never met a sativa i didnt like....but...i've also never seen a "true" sativa that gives a saleable yield, or even alot for med.....i am a med. patient, and so is my hubby....and both in our 60's.....sooooo, i have been lucky enough to see a tad bit...lol...all of which goes to say, i don't know much, so in my opinion, there are only two, i really love to raise...landrace thai and columbian gold.....and columbian gold, santa marta, is a true sativa i believe, and if it isn't it sure acts like it....i bid on the seeds thru a seed auction house, and was lucky enough to win....i keep them going and just let them grow...the next cg that i finish i do plan on girding the stem to get it to turn gold...haven't tried that one yet....and the thai, that is a treasure....i do have seeds of other sativas which the growers have crossed with small amounts of indica to control the horrid amount of grow time....i think anything crossed with a jack herer would have some size and maybe some weight to it....i'm fond of one i grew this time called blackjack, got two crops off the one plant, total weight of quarter pound..dry wt....it is still curing so wont say how i like the smoke, smell and flavor, as i don't know yet...bj is a 50/50 .... i tried strawberry haze twice, and don't seem to have the knack for growing it...so i stopped...great flaver, taste and smell, just like nearly ripe strawberries, but it would just quit on me, just stop and start to die, i tried everything....oh well...the thai came from wet land and so does santa marta, so thought that was why i got on with it...as the climate is wet here....those are the only two i really like...also acapulco gold...but dont have one going right now....if you have the time and space grow one of those two just for you, they are well worth it....also my buds ripen at different times, so there is always some to smoke once you get it going good....and it winds around rooms well, and plays well with others...have had no problems with hermies either....altho i would not mind a few well placed male flowers...seeds are gold...
i also like calif o.j., its another 50/50 mix....i keep that going also, its like a good dessert wine or drink, it just makes you happy...i get a good 2 oz. off of one plant, dry, and that does not count in bud shake or leaf...i dont count them in the weight...has a great stone and can be way intense if you smoke too much...but as i said most of the hazes and such have a little indica in them to control the time as most people just wont or cant let their plants go that long...mine is just bud rm...18+wks old now...i could look at exact time but thats a close guess and still going strong....shes in a 4gal pot, and i do take her roots out and give her a root cut every so often...but you can't be too severe on that...the c.g. is better at finishing, but still takes her time...sorry i take so long to answer a simple question....hope this helps..lavendar
+reps

Thanks for the great info Lavendar.

Like you I am in my 60's and a med patient. Unfortunately I don't have the room that I would like so I'm sure that I will have to grow a few hybrids. I will grow them hydro. Then I will find that great Thai or Columbian strain and grow it just for myself.

Have you tried Honey B from Barny's yet? Sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom