Looking for a good Sativa. Any suggestions?

I'm not a big fan of the couchlock high that you get from the indicas. If I smoke indicas, the rest of my day becomes unproductive, so I'm looking for something that has a real strong UP high. That will get me moving. I dont care about height or flowering time. I just want to find something with a strong but clear, energetic head high.

Any suggestions would be great!!

I know you posed this question more than a month ago, and have likely already made your decision, but:My suggestion would be Durban Poison. Deisel is a newer strain, and I have since it's appearance, I have suspected that it's genes include Durban. In any case, the NY Deisel is probibly a good suggestion as well. I agree with you that there isn't enough sativa circulating. People have NO PATIENCE! Once you get into your "rotation" it doesn't matter what the veg/flowering intervals are, you just stack it accordingly, but people are like, "OMG, this plant is going to take 4 weeks longer! Forget it!". I say, fine, be that way. Keep the demand at the seedbanks for sativa strains low, please. Makes them cheaper for those that have the patience beyond that of a teenager. Anyway, I have noticed that sativas don't normally put on a "show", with less crystalization and more slender buds than indicas have, but I have seen plenty of indicas("Afgooey" being the lastest I've sampled) that has ALL the things you want;frosty, chunky, and stinky as hell, with NO kick, not even couchlock, let alone a head high. My point is, that sativas don't tend to "lie" as much.They're not ALWAYS good, but they won't try and trick you!, and often they can be amazing, so don't trick yourself!:surf:

I actually just ordered some seeds today. Its a mixture of Indica and Sativa. There's still a lot of strains that I want, but I'll grab those probably in a few months.

Here's what I just ordered.

Super Lemon Haze
Kali Mist
Northern Lights
LA Woman
RockLock
Bubblelicious
White Widow
Snow White

Here are the strains that I'm already growing.....

The Church
Pure Power Plant
Great White Shark
OG Kush
Lemon Skunk

I still would like to get...

NYC Diesel
Jack Herrer
C-99
Blueberry

I think I'll be satisfied once I get the seeds I just ordered and those last 4.

here's my opinion on the ones you've still to get....i love the nypd, and the only thing i notice about it is, it can take a while to recover when you transplant....mine and this is the 3rd gen. clone of orig. seed....from soma.... is just a little on the picky side, but the blast is great, and is up....others i've heard the same from.....
the jack is unreal....and is a super heavy yeilder, but goes a bit longer than they say...we just harvested the hugh tops to a blackjack and are waiting on the lower buds to mature....second time we've done that....works great...
the c99, wow, thats my dream....where are you getting it???
blueberry is horrid to clone, but good yields if you play its game....
the white widow was a waste of my time....great taste, moderate high, and a very light harvest....
and where did you find that had og seeds???..help....that are ever in??
i agree with, they ...the sativas... take your time....i keep different sativas going, just for our use, but when others try them, it is like wow, what was that....hope this helps....lavendar

here's my opinion on the ones you've still to get....i love the nypd, and the only thing i notice about it is, it can take a while to recover when you transplant....mine and this is the 3rd gen. clone of orig. seed....from soma.... is just a little on the picky side, but the blast is great, and is up....others i've heard the same from.....
the jack is unreal....and is a super heavy yeilder, but goes a bit longer than they say...we just harvested the hugh tops to a blackjack and are waiting on the lower buds to mature....second time we've done that....works great...
the c99, wow, thats my dream....where are you getting it???
blueberry is horrid to clone, but good yields if you play its game....
the white widow was a waste of my time....great taste, moderate high, and a very light harvest....
and where did you find that had og seeds???..help....that are ever in??
i agree with, they ...the sativas... take your time....i keep different sativas going, just for our use, but when others try them, it is like wow, what was that....hope this helps....lavendar

The C-99, you can get it from Dr. Green Thumb seeds. Every magazine I read, it says that's pretty much the only place to get it. Not sure if its the exact same strain as the one from a awhile ago, or some kind of cross, but they have it listed as C-99. HighTimes mag advertised it for them a few months back. $200 for 10 fem seeds. I dont know if Im allowed to post this here, but here's the link in case I can...

Dr. Greenthumb: Cannabis Sativa, Seeds, Indica, Marijuana Weed, Growing Culture

As for the OG Kush, I started that from clone. Luckily I live in southern california, where OG Kush isnt too hard to get your hands on if you know where to go. I heard Reserve P. had some seeds for a while, but they've been unavailable for a while now, so you pretty much need to get a clone. If your in SoCal and have a medical card, we can hook you up with one.

As for the White Widow... I havent heard much about it, but a few people have asked for it, so Im going to keep one plant of it going at all times.

thank you....sounds like you're also a collector....we have 18 going so far...and about at the limit for that part again...we decide which works for what and keep and weed....but its all good...i do have plants that have the og as half of the breed, but not the real thing...was afraid it might be a clone only...we are in the other end of the country...north...rainforest and bigfoot...but do go that way every so often...still trying to get to the grand canyon....right now, too busy...one of these days we hope to find the ultimate "one or five" but have found they seem to all work better for different stuff...lavendar

looked at that quite a few times...tell me about it...as for the choc....have it but havent grown it yet....next time tho...what do you know about it...lavendar

I actually just ordered some seeds today. Its a mixture of Indica and Sativa. There's still a lot of strains that I want, but I'll grab those probably in a few months.

Here's what I just ordered.

Super Lemon Haze
Kali Mist
Northern Lights
LA Woman
RockLock
Bubblelicious
White Widow
Snow White

Here are the strains that I'm already growing.....

The Church
Pure Power Plant
Great White Shark
OG Kush
Lemon Skunk

I still would like to get...

NYC Diesel
Jack Herrer
C-99
Blueberry

I think I'll be satisfied once I get the seeds I just ordered and those last 4.

Sounds like you've got it covered then. I saw a comment that the blueberry is tough to clone. If that is true, I would avoid it. I can tell you that the Durban Poison(not to sound repetitive!) was EZ to clone, and the buzz is FAR superior to any blueberry I've ever tried. I have no experience with Early Durban, but I'm betting it's pretty sweet, I have obtained strains from two different seedbanks and am currently "proccessing". I also, on a hunch, have decided to explore a strain I've never heard of called Power Africa, which has Durban Poison parentage crossed with some other classics. So far, early results are stunning. The "Over Acheiver" of the bunch. It's step siblings include G-Force(for a bit of heavy duty couchlock from time to time), Durban Poison(of course), NLxSkunk(a classic), and the earlier mentioned Early Durban. I've been finding myself wanting to take on some genuine "Thai", but haven't made the commitment. I was "one click away" from the White Widow, but didn't make that leap. I wanted it not thinking that it would be easy to care for and have big yields, because I assumed that it wouldn't deliver on either count. I've never seen pictures of big bushy White Widow plants growing in your average guerilla garden. I wanted it because of the reputation as the "Dutch Treat" that sticks you in the couch and leaves you there...but I pussed-out. Should I take the leap on "Thai"?, any opinion?

hi,
i have the thai, and it is in the next batch of seeds to "hatch"....the white widow, i was really dis. in the yeild....the snow white i nor others could get the seeds to pop...still have a couple left...supposed to be good...could have just been bad seeds...the blueberry is hard to clone...i have grown a couple of thai mixes, and you really need the inclination to take the time...mine on average go close to 16-20 weeks....but i do enjoy them....dont know about kali mist, i have the kali, been looking at the durban poison for a while, but have the so. african kwazulu going now...not mature enough to tell yet...so will order the durban...was wondering...
so what is the new aussie seed called ducks foot? is it for real? can't find it anywhere...i guess it has webbing between the leaves....saw it once, but can't find it again....so was wondering if it was a figment of my mind....seems everyone in wa. is looking for it....the bubba kush is really powerful, and the blackjack is a great yeilder and a quallity med...so heavy it hangs down....this is the last go round for the romulan, just cant get beyond that nasty taste...love the high tho
can anyone recommend a good purple? lavendar

Thanks a lot. Yeah.... Im not really worried about the yield. Dont get me wrong... those fat, hard buds are awesome, but when it comes to Sativa... I've heard that its those loose, little, pathetic looking buds that give that great Sativa high.

I'm growing to gain patients and to make people feel better. If I have to grow small, light weight, fluffy buds..... thats what I'll grow. I'm more about satisfaction, than cash in my pocket. I want people to smoke what I grow and say.... "damn.... thats some good shit..." ... but in slow motion, while saying that. lol.

These are the strains I'm looking at so far.....

NYC Diesel
Cinderella 99
Jack Herer
Super Lemon Haze
Hawaiian Snow
and
TrainWreck

What do you guys think???

I've had trainwreck and it screwed with my head. I agree with a description I read of it being a "confusing high"...but not in a good way really. maybe the stuff I had matured too long or something but definitely wasn't for me. Skunk is an age old favorite sativa from back in the day...and I've heard rave reviews of Sour Diesel.

I really like AK-47

I'm a HUGE indica fan. Huge. So much so that when I go into the few dispensaries here that they don't usually bother to pull out the sativas at all unless they are a hybrid.

Anyway, I highly suggest Green Crack. It gives me a good boost of energy. Think "cup of coffee" energy. I love it b/c I experience pain relief but I get a great boost at the same time. House needs picked up but I have friends meeting me for lunch and I'm sluggish with a terrible headache? No problem! All I need to do is smoke some Green Crack & I'm all set. It's almost scary how much I can get done & feel better too.

And Trainwreck is a great choice too BTW. I really like that one a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom