Looking For Females With Pigeons420

Pigeons is a regular contributor in my threads he's seen it ;-). Thanks a lot for the compliment though!

As for powering down mine: has all the switches but I usually just use the one on the light timer anyway... It is connected to the light mover which is connected to the two eshine lights and the two uvb tubes. One timer switch is easier than 4 light switches if I want to shut down for a minute to inspect or photograph with white CFL.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, sounds like you have your current hardware set up all dialed in! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: I can't wait to get myself some new lights. I have seen too many amazing results with Platinum to pass them up, gonna move my Mars to the veg tent once I get some new Bloom lights.

Thanks for the input guys!!

OG, I was looking into the Eshine systems and they look like a great deal for there buck. Beautiful units to. I think I'm leaning towards the eshine.

I was really ever interested in the Mars because of the switch and because I see them around this site.

And yes Yield, OG has a beautiful system he's got going on. Ultimately, it's his setup and results that has inspired me to move to the LED game.

Peace boys

Honestly mover and panels went in at same time so not a fair comparison. Perhaps the mover on the two 400hps would have made a lot more too. Anyway I love the electricity savings and the huge reduction in waste heat.

I also recomnded the agromover. Plus I called and asked if they ever go on sale and he gave me free shipping to canada. I like that :cool:

Cost was around $200 so when it grows more than an extra 1.5 oz it paid for itself first grow ;-)

Honestly mover and panels went in at same time so not a fair comparison. Perhaps the mover on the two 400hps would have made a lot more too. Anyway I love the electricity savings and the huge reduction in waste heat.

I also recomnded the agromover. Plus I called and asked if they ever go on sale and he gave me free shipping to canada. I like that :cool:

Cost was around $200 so when it grows more than an extra 1.5 oz it paid for itself first grow ;-)

$133 an oz? :straightface:
Canadian market must be rough since everyone probably grows quality stuff up there :laughtwo:
Or Michigan is just higher per oz since we have so much dirt weed here.

That Chocolope grow was pretty bomb Ottawa. I wish I could switch over to full LED but for large scale stuff it's ungodly pricey.

Light movers would be right up your alley Pigeons if it's in the budget. They have cheaper versions too, I know you can get your hands on in the States at least around $100 bucks from grow shops which are always marked up.

I have the fully loaded version of agramover, they have cheaper base model.
Prices here are about $100-120 for outdoor in season decent stuff up to over $200 per oz for the best stuff I was just generalizing that a mover is an investment that pays for itself on the first grow

I just checked out your grow Stevio and yes I supposed that many leds would be expensive. What do you have now, 4000w of hid?
Would need four of the biggest Mars 2 at $600 a piece. $2400 is a lot of money for lights. What is your electrical bill per month? How much dry weight do you usually pull from 4000w of hid?

I have the fully loaded version of agramover, they have cheaper base model.
Prices here are about $100-120 for outdoor in season decent stuff up to over $200 per oz for the best stuff I was just generalizing that a mover is an investment that pays for itself on the first grow

I just checked out your grow Stevio and yes I supposed that many leds would be expensive. What do you have now, 4000w of hid?
Would need four of the biggest Mars 2 at $600 a piece. $2400 is a lot of money for lights. What is your electrical bill per month? How much dry weight do you usually pull from 4000w of hid?

Ah, gotcha! Similar to ours except your 100-120 is probably good stuff. You'd cringe at the stuff that floats around here for that price. If you're under 150/175ish you're pretty much wasting your time, lol.

I have 4k in the flower room and I broke down about an hour after I post in my journal about buying more stuff and got a Nanolux dual 600w ballast with bulbs.. So I'll be at 5.2k, 5.6k with the LED and T5 that I'm supplementing temporarily. Realistically if I went Mar's I would buy probably 4-6 and utilize 4 at a time because I'm never going to entirely switch over. I feel HID is proven and I have all the gear, might as well hit it hard with everything I have so 2k of HID and then 4-6 LEDs with a few for backups. Keep each HID in the middle of each set of plants so it gives off plenty of cross light.

To be honest on weight, I have no clue. It's my first indoor, so we'll see. Have had a few people say that if I pull under 5 lbs I would have totally messed everything up but have had 1 or 2 people say it'll be more like 7lbs since two or 3 are monsters. I'm not getting my hopes up, if I pull 4 or 5 lbs I'll make everything I've spent on this grow back and then some extra.

As far as the monthly goes this is the first full month of running the 2.3k at 18 hours and the 4.5k at 12 hours and Consumers is around $600 bucks but I'm expecting a little more. Next month once I have the extra 1.2k in the flower room it'll probably be close to ~$700 but it also contains some of our gas and the rest of the electric for the whole house so realistically only 50-60% of that is from the lights, possibly less. I know that on a 24 hour light cycle every 1,000 watts is about 70-90 bucks a month depending on your electric prices.

Hahaha I only have my two little autos in this thread. But when I get my ass outta bed I will do some pictures!

Keep the info going. I'm just soaking in your guy's discussion!

Here we go!

Couple shots of something beautiful.
King Tut
image22061.jpg

Anesthesia
image22062.jpg

Nice plants :cool:

For the monster grow room at 5600w and comparing leds to HPS. Lots of us are getting 1g/w on the leds and some as high as 2g/w. With my two 400w HPS i was getting about .5 g/w. If you do 1 g/w that I do at 5600w that is 200 oz or 12.5 pounds and you said that you find yield is usually higher with hps? Also my strain was chosen for quality not quantity, I bet I could do 2g/w too if I chose big yielding strains, but I am a connosuir not a commercial grower

Check out the user mono on here he has huge grows with small and cheap mars 2 lights.
The primary difference between Mars 2 and the Eshine 3G is that eshine uses 3w leds with a glass lense on every single led individually to aid penetration wheras the Mars 2 uses bigger 5w chips though less of them. Which is better? No idea. It would be cool if one of the big dollar guys did a side by side I would love to see which is the best bang for the buck category. I know the eshine 260w actual draw beats my old hps 400s and produces great stuff. I have seen many stories and pictures of same with Mars 2 but have never seen any leds but these I ordered direct from factory with a special low price of us$615 for two delivered. Hope that helps you choose pigeon. Also stevio as you are considering moving more to led consider giving those two companies a shot as they make the bigger lights you need too for muuuuch cheaper than the high end ones you spoke of before.

Stevio I grew for 15 years with HPS too and always said these new fangled leds are bullshit until I read so many good grows I decided to risk it and buy some. Never going back to HPS. So maybe it helps you even more. Just my opinion l- respect to a skillfull grower like yourself.

In one of these threads someone asked how does led save money? Don't you need same anout of watts? I have found no. Producing more weed on 260w lights than with 400w HPS. More than 1/3 cheaper electrical. Also they bulbs are supposed to last i think it was 8 years. They have a three year warrantee. My 400w HPS were cheap at $350 for two. But over 8 years i estimate 4 bulbs each at $50 each so total $550. Total for two 260w LEDs was $615 and traded old 400w lights to a friend for a promise of two free oz when first grow is done ;-). That is a great way to help/teach a friend to grow and get rid of old equipment for a win/win for both of you I reccomend it ;-)

I've never grown with HPS, however I am a believer in LEDs. Many of the most respected and experienced growers on this forum are making the switch from HID to LED systems. The general consensus seems to be that HID systems (HPS/MH Lights) will produce a larger yield, whereas LED's will produce a more resinous flower.

However, many people on this Forum has been finding that some LED's will actually produce just as much as HID systems. However those are usually the more expensive brands with 11+ different bands of light with two different angle lenses and so forth. Platinum LED has been on the forefront of that battle, and seems to be tried, tested and true in every case. I will be purchasing three Platinums for when I get my indoor grow back up and running this coming Fall. They just released their newest model, which has 12 different bands of light.

At some point I will run two of the same strain, one under my Mars II 700w (300w actual draw) and the other under my P300 (185w actual draw) and see which one does better... See if the hype really is true.

Back
Top Bottom