Looking for higher end LED lights

My advice would be this: decide what your final path is and buy all of your COBs/Meanwells at the same time if you are buying from Kingbrite. I believe he has a 5 COB minimum and charges a $50 fee (may be shipping) on each order. While you are mounting COBs to heatsinks, I would do it all at once.

I personally would review Atulip's posts and determine what you want to do exactly. To me the 9 COB setup at 1400mA sounds like the way to go for the 4x4.
If someone comes up with a vendor and detailed supply list, I'd sure like to see it. (4x4)
:thumb:

Heatsinks would be sourced from Heatsink USA.

COBs/holders/drivers I would use Kingbrite.

The rest can be found wherever. You can check YouTube for Greengene's Garden or Growmau5 for a detailed supply list.

Heatsinks would be sourced from Heatsink USA.

COBs/holders/drivers I would use Kingbrite.

The rest can be found wherever. You can check YouTube for Greengene's Garden or Growmau5 for a detailed supply list.

Thanks, I'm using1 finger on cell phone.... being lazy. Will check it later in the week.

I know the topic is high end, but how about a high end small light for starting seeds and clones?

Is it possible to build a smaller such a light with one driver and light?

I am normally using 6 cfl total 120w for clones and seedling/veg.
Occasionally grow to completion if making seeds.

is there a reasonably priced COB solution? for a 22"x14" area

SK makes a 38w/12w? pronator for $60 I am also considering, not sure what leds are used.
I emailed them and got no response posing the same questions to them.

I'd scratch kingbrite and go with cutter though. Same price and shipping charges as kingbrite, just a simple website to order from(and authorized Cree dealer) opposed to some guy you email in China. There's a 10% coupon code also.

8 @ 1400 would be a little low(but still efficient) for a 4x4. Run them at 1750 and you don't sacrifice much efficiency(180 to 170lumens per watt). Or more chips to maintain the same efficiency. The same 8 cxb3590 is 72,000 lumens for 400w(1.4A) vs 90,000 lumens for 500w(1.75A). Power the 1.4A with one HLG185h-c1400 per bar, or power the 1.75A with one HLG240h-c1750 per bar.

There's a middle road option also. Cxb3070s are only $32 a pop, and at lower currents, the same efficiency. 12 x cxb3070 @ 1.05A would be 80,000 lumens for 450w. That would be a 3 bar design, would get a better light spread and heat management than the 2 bar. For slightly cheaper cost of chips. 175 lumens per watt. Power with one HLG120h-c1050 per bar.

I don't know if we discussed color, but typically 3500k is best to flower, 4000k for veg/all purpose. 3000k isn't an improvement over the 3500k(more red ratio but less light output) and everything 5000k+ is not enough red to flower with.

I know the topic is high end, but how about a high end small light for starting seeds and clones?

Is it possible to build a smaller such a light with one driver and light?

I am normally using 6 cfl total 120w for clones and seedling/veg.
Occasionally grow to completion if making seeds.

is there a reasonably priced COB solution? for a 22"x14" area

SK makes a 38w/12w? pronator for $60 I am also considering, not sure what leds are used.
I emailed them and got no response posing the same questions to them.

Throw a cxb3070 4000k on an arctic 64 cpu cooler with a mean well lpc 60 1400. That'll light up enough for a seedling/veg in that space for under $100 and 50w.

Here is the pic. Crees only.The idea i have is two bars outside the xml for now. With the ability to upgrade add on in the future.
3 or 4 3590's @50w with the meanwell to accomodate. Passive also.
IMG_172120.JPG
if more pics are needed, i'd be happy to oblige.
Also, i'd like to know what you guys would do. If this were your setup and u wanted to add bars on the sides for now. With specs please.:Namaste:The more and more i read about these diy cob's, I know I'm going to replace that xml in flower. I'll probably veg with it or sell it.it is a good light,It has paid for itself already.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus.

I misread this with my other reply. If you're keeping that other LED in there, 6 cxb3590 @ 1.4A would do fine. You could upgrade it to a 3rd bar later. Power with one mean well hlg120h-c1400 per bar.

My advice would be this: decide what your final path is and buy all of your COBs/Meanwells at the same time if you are buying from Kingbrite. I believe he has a 5 COB minimum and charges a $50 fee (may be shipping) on each order. While you are mounting COBs to heatsinks, I would do it all at once.

I personally would review Atulip's posts and determine what you want to do exactly. To me the 9 COB setup at 1400mA sounds like the way to go for the 4x4.

Thank you JuanC, well I was going to order 10 cob's. Just to have the spares If needed. And at least 2 meanwells and holders and optics, all from kingbrite and 2 heat sinks from Heatsink USA.9 cob setup with or without the xml? I'm assuming that is without the xml in the middle? My final path for at least the next year is to add two bars and learn the growth characteristics of the bars. This is a supplemental thing as of now. I know Diy panel can and will replace the xml in efficiency,efficacy,and well as end product easily. I just wanted to build a couple bars for the sides,nix the 3x3 tray and use the whole 4x4 footprint. Minus the spot for my scrubber. I will eventually max out the tent with a different designed Cob fixture in the future. For now, I just wanna get my feet wet. I do appreciate your feedback JuanCarlos and i hope you'll continue to to be here to keep responding.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

I misread this with my other reply. If you're keeping that other LED in there, 6 cxb3590 @ 1.4A would do fine. You could upgrade it to a 3rd bar later. Power with one mean well hlg120h-c1400 per bar.

Atulip! Whew,thank you. Lol I think JuanC was responding to someone else and I thought he was responding to me,so I responded to him....ah! And appears you were responding to my pic post as all that was happening.So 6cxb3590s & 2 (1 for each bar)hlg120-c1400 will suffice? Ideal holders. What do u think of the lil angie optics? I may be typing that wrong, don't want to close this page out on my ipad to pull up my list and lose my post. Saw in a previous post you mentioned cutter.
Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

Throw a cxb3070 4000k on an arctic 64 cpu cooler with a mean well lpc 60 1400. That'll light up enough for a seedling/veg in that space for under $100 and 50w.

are there smaller COB's that can be used so instead of 1 in the middle of the 2x1 area 2 would be centered over each sq/ft consuming the same total power as the 1

Atulip! Whew,thank you. Lol I think JuanC was responding to someone else and I thought he was responding to me,so I responded to him....ah! And appears you were responding to my pic post as all that was happening.So 6cxb3590s & 2 (1 for each bar)hlg120-c1400 will suffice? Ideal holders. What do u think of the lil angie optics? I may be typing that wrong, don't want to close this page out on my ipad to pull up my list and lose my post. Saw in a previous post you mentioned cutter.
Stay Frosty,
CanEyeBus

I'm not sure about all the optics. Mine are all bare but I want the 115° spread rather than 90° or whatever. My leds hang about 12-16" above the canopy otherwise too much bounces off the walls. 90° reflector your probably want to be at 18-24" for best spread. Allows for better heat management though. These lights do radiate a bit of heat and I keep a fan blowing over the canopy top to put them that close. Being able to hang them higher is a benefit, especially if you choose passive cooled(no fan pulling heat up from the heatsink), for keeping the heat away. For 50w each passive, I'd probably go for a 90° reflector/lense and aim for 18"-24" hang height. Don't know which ones are good though.

Cutter is the austrialian website for led and electronic stuff. Main prices are in AUD so convert to see what it's actually gonna cost you. There's a coupon code, just not for this site, but it's easy enough to find. I believe shipping is pricey for drivers at both kingbrite and cutter. If you're stateside I'd just pick them up at mouser.

I'm not sure about all the optics. Mine are all bare but I want the 115° spread rather than 90° or whatever. My leds hang about 12-16" above the canopy otherwise too much bounces off the walls. 90° reflector your probably want to be at 18-24" for best spread. Allows for better heat management though. These lights do radiate a bit of heat and I keep a fan blowing over the canopy top to put them that close. Being able to hang them higher is a benefit, especially if you choose passive cooled(no fan pulling heat up from the heatsink), for keeping the heat away. For 50w each passive, I'd probably go for a 90° reflector/lense and aim for 18"-24" hang height. Don't know which ones are good .

Cutter is the austrialian website for led and electronic stuff. Main prices are in AUD so convert to see what it's actually gonna cost you. There's a coupon code, just not for this site, but it's easy enough to find. I believe shipping is pricey for drivers at both kingbrite and cutter. If you're stateside I'd just pick them up at mouser.

Atulip,i would rep you if I could. JuanC also. :Namaste: and thank you. So mouser for the drivers, and kingbrite for the cxb 3590's? StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Atulip,i would rep you if I could. JuanC also. :Namaste: and thank you. So mouser for the drivers, and kingbrite for the cxb 3590's? StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

I believe Atulip is saying Cutter will get you the same prices as Kingbrite.

Just took a look at Cutter and they have a kit with a CXB3590, ideal holder with adapter to fit the Ledil Angelina, Ledil Angelina reflector, and thermal interface (pad I am guessing) for about $55 US. Shipping looks like it's around $50 or so.

He just sells the 3070s. You lose out on about 10% light with them for the same watts. But they are about $10 cheaper each.

You could also drive 3950s at 75w each and 2 of them outputs the same light as 3 3070s at 50w.

He just sells the 3070s. You lose out on about 10% light with them for the same watts. But they are about $10 cheaper each.

You could also drive 3950s at 75w each and 2 of them outputs the same light as 3 3070s at 50w.

Yes, he stated in one of his videos, he'll be carrying the 3590's and all the components with it, reflectors,holders,etc. At the beginning of March. I really appreciate you commenting on this thread.:thumb: It was your first few texts that steered me towards PCL site and Diy cree cob builds. I took a crash course over the last past week or so. Man! I'm going to beast out my lil spot.:cheer:i already see a light buiding habit forming. Atulip, thanks again for sharing the grow love.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Also, the 3070's are cheaper, if I wanted to do a budget build so to speak, I'd either rock the 3070's or the vero29's and drive the 29's as hard as they'd let me. Well as hard as the driver will allow,and keeping all the good variables in check. Nah, I'll wait for the 3590's and for pcl guy to get them in stock. Guess it's my of giving back to the guy even if he's not making much off the components. Rather deal with him in the U.S. And let him deal with china.
StayFrosty,
CanEyeBus

Back
Top Bottom