Looking for opinions on plant growing

Also, i'm feeding nutes at 1/4 strength right now, how long do i continue doing this for? And when i do, do i move up to 1/2 strength?
Someone else needs to advise you on this... I dont believe in giving nutes to young plants... and would not until about the last week of flower. If your plants are not thriving in new soil, and then again when you uppot, you are doing something wrong. Nutes will not help if your problem is overwatering or pH. Nutes can not make a sick plant healthy if its problem is in uptaking water or nutes because of pH.

Anyone know what this is? Growing from the side of my planter.
F6B57811-5CDE-4CB1-B1C3-4E221A846227.jpeg
2D92D451-93B0-41EE-B042-14723D65FFB2.jpeg

looks like something random that came in with the soil. I can see that you are still misting... too much water is going to kill those plants... just trying to warn you. Let that soil dry out, all the way to the bottom. This is a weed, not an apple tree... it does not like your mister or your watering so often. If you can fix that bad habit you might be ready for nutes after a couple of wet/dry cycles.

You are wiser than I am. For now on no misting. I try to keep the top of the soil wet because of my low humidity. With the fan running it dries out the top of promix fast. If you don’t see that being a problem I’ll will continue as you recommend. Please let me know ur thoughts.
The top of the soil is not a concern to a weed that thrives in hot temperatures and rocky soils. The most important part of that container is the lower 1/3, where all the big roots are, not the top. You are feeding the top set of roots and killing the bottom set that are never allowed to dry out. You are also starving your plant of oxygen. How you may ask?
Think of the water table in your container as a diaphragm that pulls oxygen down from the surface as it drops. The lower it goes, the more suction is created. You have seen this work by watering the top and watching as the water seems to be sucked down, sometimes even with a popping sound a hole opening up at the surface. This diaphragm needs to pull oxygen all the way down to the tap and feeder roots at the bottom for them to be healthy... they need periodic oxygen as much as they need water. If you come along and mist constantly and water every couple of days, you never let that diaphragm fall down to the bottom, you just keep filling up the lake that allows that suction to occur. Learn the lift method... by simply lifting the container most human beings can judge pretty accurately how much water is sitting in the soil, just by weight. Don't water until you can't feel any water weight. It will seem like your container is as dry as the Sahara, and you will be amazed that your plant is still standing and seemingly happy. When you do water, do it completely... soak that soil as if it were a sponge and you need to get every drop it will hold in there before it drops out at the bottom. Then, sit on your hands, tie yourself up in a corner, and wait for the plant to use all of that water again... all the way to the bottom. This is called a wet/dry cycle, and these weeds thrive on it.

Back
Top Bottom