Looking for trusted breeder for dense strains: Barney's Farm?

I understand, but you are looking at it all wrong.
a synonym for Budget is Quantum. You’d be buying a Quantum board. Although the name implies inexpensive. They are far from inferior.
Actually, there wasnt a lot of thinking involved. And it was far more kneejerk than my usual purchases and with a fraction of my usual product research. But my basic thinking was this. Ooohwhats this? Led grow lamps? Cool lets do it, I want something as good or better than a 250w HPS lamp. And searched around @*!-0n till i found one with the best spectrum and wall watts per $$$$dollar. Then after checking the next day I thought i overpaid for that fixture because the same company had a new light that looked like the one I bought but cheaper but it wasnt.

I was going to return one but didnt. So I ended up with about 655wall watts worth of lights[that claim to replace 400 and 600wat hps respectively]. If I had an air conditioner and could handle the heat Ill bet I could get the HPS in there with them.

My pepper plants love them. They are so far ahead of the outdoor peppers its comical.

My Barney's Farm strains that I grew in my 2x4 under 260watt hlg qb xl were super dense. It's very much like the Budget fixture.
I concentrated on environment. Get that in order and they will impress. Utilize a vpd chart that includes flower to get you there.
View media item 1777866
See, I dont understand how everyone listening to that chart avoid mold issues. Seems like it consistently asks for too high humidity.

All good man, I was just curious. I run BudgetLED. They are a sponsor here and the lights are top notch. Your be hard pressed to find a bad review on them. Quality components and products, American made.
Exactly. Top bin diodes, meanwell drivers and 3-year warranty. Right there with anything HLG puts out.
I associate "cheap quality" with "budget" qnything so the name turns me off. And reviews on amazon were bad when I looked. And for the money, other systems have more watts from the wall and bett3r sp3ctrum I thought.

Who cares what they sell if you dont like their philosophy/character?? The genetics are not in question. The ethics are. I will not support people financially that I disagree with their business practices.

All breeders sell photoperiods. You just have to look at the right list.

Just my 2c. I personally dont and probably wouldnt ever order seeds online.
Not sure what you're looking at, as far as I know they don't deal through amazon. If you're giving advice to someone about a product it would probably be helpful to know about it. I would check them out before writing them off simple because of the name.

Also, I'm not sure that trying to get a patent is ethically unforgivable for me. The cannabis industry will rapidly change as the whole country legalizes, can't really fight it and I don't really blame a company for trying to protect their product. To each his own.
I buy their product for the quality.

Most breeders do sell photoperiods but definitely not all.. companies with good reviews like fastbuds, mephisto, etc... do not.

See, I dont understand how everyone listening to that chart avoid mold issues. Seems like it consistently asks for too high humidity.
I haven't had any PM or anything. I did lose most of a plant to bud rot but that was during drying and that shouldn't happen again.

Lots and lots of circulation.

I haven't had any PM or anything. I did lose most of a plant to bud rot but that was during drying and that shouldn't happen again.

Lots and lots of circulation.
As I understand it, PM likes hot dry conditoins.
According to the chart, at 85-88F it wants 80% humidity which seems way too high. Seems like thats begging for bud rot at 80%. I thought hitting 65-70 was HIGH humidity for flowering.

Higher temps can tolerate higher humidity, but im thinking 60-65max during flower, not 80%.

I feel like youd need an AiRconditioned space to go by that chart. If you can maintain 72F, that chart seems ok.

As I understand it, PM likes hot dry conditoins.
According to the chart, at 85-88F it wants 80% humidity which seems way too high. Seems like thats begging for bud rot at 80%. I thought hitting 65-70 was HIGH humidity for flowering.

Higher temps can tolerate higher humidity, but im thinking 60-65max during flower, not 80%.

I feel like youd need an AiRconditioned space to go by that chart. If you can maintain 72F, that chart seems ok.
You should be looking at the yellow portion for flower.
I do have an airconditioned space. Would never want to run my girls at that hot of a temp in flower. I'd be losing esters and terpenes. I try not to go over 80°.

You should be looking at the yellow portion for flower.
I do have an airconditioned space. Would never want to run my girls at that hot of a temp in flower. I'd be losing esters and terpenes. I try not to go over 80°.
Not sure I buy that. Maybe if you got in the 100s. In nature they get a lot more than 80. I dont think it damages them.

No ones TRYing to go over 80 but mother nature is a bitch.

High temps create an unfavorable environment, causing buds to stress out and get fox tails... it also causes your plants to get long and stretchy, leaving you with airy, or loose buds.

I usually judge electronics by weight. Especially PC power supply.
I’m sorry did I catch that correctly? You judge electronics by weight? ... fuck quality components huh? :rofl: Couple wiggles of the box and your a guru! I feel like your doing this on purpose now. Hahah:popcorn:

High temps create an unfavorable environment, causing buds to stress out and get fox tails... it also causes your plants to get long and stretchy, leaving you with airy, or loose buds.

I’m sorry did I catch that correctly? You judge electronics by weight? ... fuck quality components huh? :rofl: Couple wiggles of the box and your a guru! I feel like your doing this on purpose now. Hahah:popcorn:
If you say so.

The idea is, quality parts weigh more. For example in pc power supplies its a sign of heavier guage wire.

I ended up ordering purple punch and wedding cake from Barney’s.

I also added the new 130 watt Series 3 full spec from BudgetLED to go with the 250 watt red spec that I already have. So I’ll have 47.5 watts per sq ft and I’m hoping that will help.
I am growing barney's purple punch atm... rock hard buds at week 6 ;)

If you say so.

The idea is, quality parts weigh more. For example in pc power supplies its a sign of heavier guage wire.
Where do you get this idea that quality equates to weight with lighting fixtures? This isn’t 1985.. welcome to 2020 where you have a PC that fits in your pocket. Lol I understand your a computer whisperer and can size one up just by looking at it but grow lights are totally different then a PC my man. You don’t lift a light and decide “ya it’s some good shit in there” haha you need to understand the lights cooling capabilities (or lack of), diode quality, spectrum of light, ppfd, par, footprint, micromoles per joule (efficacy) ... I promise you, you could go to the store and buy the biggest heaviest light they have and it still doesn’t mean it’s as efficient as the little light sitting next to it. I’m just trying to help you out my man, I’ve seen you scooting around the forums spitting everyone’s advice back in their face so this will be the only time I explain this to you. If you can’t grasp it after this, it’s up to you to do your own research.

Good morning BB.
High temps what? Who claims that? Sounds like more stoner myth.

And there is no way you can connect bud density to potency.
You caught me BB! I just made that myth up to confuse all the people wanting dense dope.
Next time you should say fake news or bro science. That’s the hip way of dismissing somebody without using reasoning.

Back
Top Bottom