Losing electric for the day

Biker79

I'm losing the electric to the building where my grow is for some repair work. I have 4 DP auto ultimates on week 2.

They are 20 on 4 off at the minute ( 4 off is from midnight to 4 am).

Was going to leave the light off for a full day to reduce shock.

Really stuck on what to do guys. Please help

My advice would be to get them some sort of light somehow for more than 12hrs each day, or you may start to see preflowers.

Even a few really strong battery-powered torches would give enough light to stave off the flowering phase for a day or two (obviously you'll get next to no growth, but they shouldn't drop into flowering because they can "see" light). If not, can you get them outside or by a window for the time the power is off?

In week 2 their light needs are not as large as they would be during late veg or flower, so as long as you can provide something you should be fine for a couple of days. You didn't actually mention how long power will be off for?

Kinda funny to lose your power on 4/20. You'll be fine though to just leave 'em in the dark. They won't experience any shock. If they were in flowering it would be slightly more worrisome but even then you'd be fine IMO.

About 10 hours

Ah, I had assumed a couple of days! Your plants will be absolutely fine, just try to adjust the cycle slightly so the lights go off just before the power does, then they come back on just after the power does, meaning they only have the necessary 10 hrs darkness and no longer.

Don't bother leaving the lights off for a day either, you will only cause more stress like this and needlessly slow down growth. 10hrs darkness shouldn't cause you any issues at all at this stage.

Happy growing! :Namaste:

I could take them out of the tent n put under a window......

That would definitely be the best plan, try to keep them to the same light cycle if you can (i.e. only under the window when the lights would have usually been on, otherwise in darkness). That will cause the least stress to the plants, but either way I wouldn't have thought 10hrs will make any difference!

Back
Top Bottom