How to hide it from the electric company

Take a look at gal lantern routine (GLR) and diminshing light routine (DLR) for lower electricity use...

How to reduce the cost of growing cannabis saving 30-50% on your electricty bill using the 12-1 lighting schedule.

The biggest innovator in the history of cannabis in my generation is Reinhard Delp. Not only did he invent and is the holder of the patent for ice water extraction, he has been building flower forcers since 1992. His new solar powered Sun-gate is the leader of the industry. He was the first to feminize seeds and sell them in Europe in the late 90’s. His process was done naturally, without the use of any chemicals.

save energy cannabis cultivationNo one is more copied but seldom matched than Mr. Delp, who to me is the top grower of our generation. The first time he impressed me he showed me 2 plants, planted next to one another, 1 completely covered in powdery mildew, the other completely clean and beautiful. He was developing mildew and mold resistant genetics.

In the late 90’s Reinhard brought back the gas lantern routine that you find in any college grade horticulture book, and applied it to cannabis. Cannabis needs only 13 hours to stay in the vegetative growth stage. The 18-6 lighting schedule in vegetation, actually stress your plants, that never get that much light in one-day outdoors. Cannabis is an outdoor plant. Growing indoors you should copy how it grows outdoors. No Cannabis growing in Afghanistan gets 18 hours of light in growth pattern. Most strains today have some part Indica in their genetic pool. Even equatorial strains don’t get 18 hours of sun a day.

The 12-1 lighting schedule is as follows 12 hours lights on, 5.5 lights off, 1-hour lights on, 5.5 lights off, and repeat schedule. The 1 hour on in between off period fools the plants that stay in vegetative growth state! Your immediate savings are 5 hours in energy costs daily, as well as your bulbs and equipment lasting longer. But how do the plants react to this lighting schedule?

You see immediate growth response from your plants, they are happy from the added rest time. By day 14 the plants tripled in size. The plants are bushy with twice as many bud sites without topping or bending, In fact when you top and stretch your plants out, you get many more bud sites than you would have had under 18-6 using same procedure of topping and stretching plant, your growing bigger and better and faster.

12 - 1 light cycle gas lantern routine

So your saving 5 hours daily in energy costs, as well as your excellerated growth pattern which also saves you time and energy and equipment use.

In the flowering stage, never use 12-12, start your flowering period at 11 hours on 13 hours off. When your are growing outdoors each day you get less and less sun light, you should copy the way the sun acts naturally in your indoor grow. So first 2 weeks of flower you go 11 on 13 off, the next 2 weeks you go down to 10.5 on 13.5 off, next 2 weeks 10 on 14 off, next two weeks 9.5 on 14.5 off and the last weeks of flower you should be at 9 hours on and 15 hours off. You’ll get bigger and better buds by copying the way the sun light works on cannabis outdoors.

Cannabis is an outdoor plant and you should copy the way it grows outdoors indoors. The only thing that 18-6, and then 12-12 lighting schedule's do is make the energy companies rich as well as the people who sell lights and equipment, the more you use the more you spend. 12-1 lighting schedule is a more natural way to grow indoors and you well have the best results you have ever had and save as much as 50% in energy costs.
You know this sungate company name? can't find anything on it?

Hey Goose,

Welcome to forums at 420! This is an old post from 2012 but fortunately Fuzzy Duck is still around. Some of the early comments are questionable tho, especially the one about by passing the electrical meter. Not only is this highly dangerous because 1) using stepped down primary voltage without an over current protection device i.e no circuit breaker or disconnect means and 2) stealing electricity is a sure fire way for the electrical utility to notify the authorities about your abnormal power consumption activities.

Anyway I will shout out for @FuzzyDuck to see if they have any more insight on Sungate

i doubt most leds are gonna trip enough to raise an eyebrow. you'd need a pile at a time turning on and off at the same moment.

you can gaslight. or you run a dual lamp system so long as the main light has enough intensity to produce the ppfd the plant needs for the day cycle. it's what i do with my veg light. i had planned to also do it on my flower rig but never got there.

veg rig

full

the burple strips run alone for an hour before and after the main light comes on / shuts down. the time they are on counts as part of the total day time hours. so in an 18/6 the main light is on for 16 hrs and the burple is on for two. they draw nothing of note, but are beneficial as morning / evening ramp up / down lights.

the same thing can be done with other light types as well. i could probably cut back a bit on the main light times even further. you only need light to be present to extend the day cycle, it would not trigger flower if i ran the main for only 12 hrs and extended the ramp up / down to 2 hrs at each end of the cycle.

I'm baffled by how expensive it is for some people. I know a fellow UK grower who says he spends at least £90 a month on electricity and only has a 3x3 tent. Might even be 2x2. I did a calculation on my little cabinet and tent and it's costing me around £10 per month max.

i doubt most leds are gonna trip enough to raise an eyebrow. you'd need a pile at a time turning on and off at the same moment.

you can gaslight. or you run a dual lamp system so long as the main light has enough intensity to produce the ppfd the plant needs for the day cycle. it's what i do with my veg light. i had planned to also do it on my flower rig but never got there.

veg rig

full

the burple strips run alone for an hour before and after the main light comes on / shuts down. the time they are on counts as part of the total day time hours. so in an 18/6 the main light is on for 16 hrs and the burple is on for two. they draw nothing of note, but are beneficial as morning / evening ramp up / down lights.

the same thing can be done with other light types as well. i could probably cut back a bit on the main light times even further. you only need light to be present to extend the day cycle, it would not trigger flower if i ran the main for only 12 hrs and extended the ramp up / down to 2 hrs at each end of the cycle.
I really like that idea!

Hey Goose,

Welcome to forums at 420! This is an old post from 2012 but fortunately Fuzzy Duck is still around. Some of the early comments are questionable tho, especially the one about by passing the electrical meter. Not only is this highly dangerous because 1) using stepped down primary voltage without an over current protection device i.e no circuit breaker or disconnect means and 2) stealing electricity is a sure fire way for the electrical utility to notify the authorities about your abnormal power consumption activities.

Anyway I will shout out for @FuzzyDuck to see if they have any more insight on Sungate
Cool, Thanks! Great being here on these forums.

Mmm Reinhard Delp is certainly a name mentioned in the cannabis growing community over the decades with plenty of search results being fruitful.

GLR, this practise has been done or I've seen on these forums a few times but we are going back several years & IIRC to which was successful with out problems.

DLR I have practised due to the larger wattage size of the bulb used in flowering in my early days of growing, purely penny pinching method on the bill & this was repeated a few times over a strain I grew several times from clones... sadly being more lazy these days I stick to 12/12 because adjusting the timer for a few penny's seems like hassle ;)

Yes I do pay my own electricity.

I was with one company for several years & ye I could plainly see by my online account with them the spikes in electric usage... them being experts could guess ya wattage usage for average property type & that is fuzzy personally advice.

Some of above purely states to Country laws & what detail you can access.

yep 2012 post. Get yourself some run of the water hose turbines to generate electricity. 40 or 50 of them should do. You may need to tap into your neighbors water hose. lol. They have smart meters here in BC cause too many people were stealing power. I am led to believe they have a super meter every 25 houses or so to track down where power is being stolen.

Screenshot_2020-12-10 Amazon com ApplianPar Yellow 10W Water Turbine Generator Micro Hydroelec...png

Also you guys gotta keep in mind that there are plenty of people out there with high electricity bills that arnt growing plants. For instance my house running 450 watts of lights 24/7 plus running a/c almost 24/7 too has only been like 90-110 a month.

110 is not a huge electricity bill where people would go "OH I wonder what hes doing in there" plus most of that bill is just a/c which I wont have but in the summer.

I know people who are just super wasteful who arnt growing stuff whos electricity bill is 2 or 3 times my amount. They leave lights on, leave tvs on, and are just very careless with their electricity usage.

But hey if you are setting up 6000w of hps lights like you said and you need something to help you sleep better at night get some wind turbines or solar panels.

I personally wouldnt give a fuck if I had 6000watts of lights going as long as I just paid my bill.
Of course they are all greedy retailers they want you to use 6000 mate but you must pay the bill and they won't give a fuck if you had 20000 just pay the bill PRETTY SIMPLE TO ME and I'm an ossie

Keep in mind, if you live in California, they DO know what hours your electricity spikes. PG&E Smart Meters are new technology they have already put on most homes, new and old. It gives them the ability to see electricity usage, not only monthly, but by the hour as well.
Same as most parts of Canada. Freaking smart meters.

Check out @Emilya threads, she went with solar.

Back
Top Bottom