Losing My Grow Virginity

No change in the weight of the plants...they do not seem to be drinking their water! I have bubbled water sitting ready in two solo cups that I am going to let sit out overnight to evaporate the chlorine off. I am thinking tomorrow night if the Things both have unchanged weight then I am going to pop two new seeds into them. The seeds I am leaning towards are Power Flower and an Ace Mix. I don't have my White widow yet or that would be going in instead of the Ace.

Updates to follow tomorrow.

Just walking by and I hope you don't mind, but I thought I would stop and have a look at your garden, nice setup man:goodjob:

If the two things don't show any improvement I do have one suggestion for you and it is not the norm for a cannabis plant... Give them half a litre of FLAT LEMONADE each and if they improve then flush and start on 1/4 nutes for first 2 feeds. I did this once and it brought my babies back to life although I did have other issues later on. If their not improving what have you got to lose!!!
:passitleft:

flat lemonade puregreen? what does that do? I know you grow some dank ass buds so I am curious.

I know it sounds strange but it worked for me, my grandad was into anything that grew and he always said if a plant is unhealthy or dying flat lemonade will bring it back to life, I don't know how it works, guess it must be the sugars or something. I will try and find the photo's of the plant I fed with it and will post it in my journal (if I can find it). Did you see nutty profs journal where he fed a plant baby milk formula all the way through? amazing and if I remember correctly I'm sure he got a couple of oz out of it, although I could be wrong, my memory isn't what it use to be:rofl:

Open the bottle and leave it open for a day or two then give them about 1/2 a litre each (I used R-whites lemonade). I have only done it once and it worked for me but I would only suggest it if you have tried everything else and there is nothing else you can do, or if your plants are dying

Just walking by and I hope you don't mind, but I thought I would stop and have a look at your garden, nice setup man:goodjob:

If the two things don't show any improvement I do have one suggestion for you and it is not the norm for a cannabis plant... Give them half a litre of FLAT LEMONADE each and if they improve then flush and start on 1/4 nutes for first 2 feeds. I did this once and it brought my babies back to life although I did have other issues later on. If their not improving what have you got to lose!!!

Welcome aboard Puregreen! That is some interesting advice and your Grandad sounds like an interesting man.

It may be a week or more until they need water when the plants are very young.

Shiggity you may have just saved me from being over anxious and trying to give them even more water. I know my soil mix is really lite but I am sure there is more moisture in there than I realize.

Open the bottle and leave it open for a day or two then give them about 1/2 a litre each (I used R-whites lemonade). I have only done it once and it worked for me but I would only suggest it if you have tried everything else and there is nothing else you can do, or if your plants are dying

At this point it may be worth a shot. They do seem to be slowly drinking some of the diluted nutes. Both Things are down to 3.4 lbs from 3.6 yesterday. I pinched off some of the yellow/brown, dry dead leaf tips on Thing 1. (Not the cotyledons nor the three bit leaves but the first leaves that grow once it unfurls). I did this yesterday and the newer growth up top seems to look healthy. More to follow as I carefully watch these things.

I did make the decision to go ahead and pop one Power Flower and one Ace mix seed into their watery birthing tubs. I am going to let these beans bathe for at least 24 hours. Once they either crack open or a tap root emerges they are getting put to bed in some happy frog+perlite mix which will completely fill the solo cup this time. I am going to go ahead under the assumption that these two new ones germ and the Things pass away. If the Things do pull through then this garden just got doubled and I may need to consider more accommodating real estate for this initial grow. I have a pole and fabric zip-up wardrobe I got for free that may be a prime host for the seedies new home if it does come to that. Having both the lateral space and headroom to hang adjusting light ropes may be the way that ends up going. We shall see. Until then :Namaste:

Well my two beans I popped a little over 24 hours ago have both germed. The tap root cracked both open heavily and one is even started to reach out a little. They got moved from their Jacuzzi into hot wrapped paper towels. Once I have tap roots on both I will plant them each in a solo cup of Happy Frog with (a little bit) perlite. This time both solo cups will be filled to the top with soil and I will ensure the drainage holes that I make are ideal.

Once the beans are ready to be planted I will reveal my nicknames ;)

Today is day 17 for the Things. Thing 2 has shown a bit more bounce back than Thing 1 however both are showing slight improvements. I gave each about 4 oz of bubbled tap last night since they were showing some signs of thirst induced wilt since my previous watering. I think the soil I mixed for the felt pots is perlite heavy and very porous. It almost seems to drain too well so I may be giving them water more frequently than normal.

In just a total of 48 hours my two beans both sprouted nice healthy tap roots. I prepped two fresh solo cups with about a 75% happy frog 25% perlite mixture. I also dressed the top of the soil with a bit of dolomite lime. I planted each seed in their respective cups after giving the soil a good soak of bubbled tap. Before I planted them I added a tad of Mykos for extra resolve. I tried to gently add water droplets over the top of the seeds which ended up moving the seeds and soil so I had to gingerly place the seeds back in their spot. This time I decided to sprinkle a tiny amount of straight-up happy frog over the top so light doesn't penetrate down into the tap root and confuse the poor girls.

My nickname for the Power Flower fem bean is "Paige". I nicknamed the Ace Mix fem bean "Aliyah". We shall see how these girls do as they will be between 18 and 20 days younger than their siblings depending on when they break soil.

Here is a family photo:

day18famfoto.jpg

The white cup and tan mug are simply water apparatuses to assist the humidity levels.

Plan to see an update from me This Thursday at Day 21.

Awesome. Hope you get all 4 going strong.

Thank you much Noob! I hope the Things pull through. It would be cool to have all four go through to harvest. I would definitely need to find larger accommodations however.

Good job mate, hight times ahead:goodjob:
Am gonna be dropping a white dwarf auto to go with my 2 ed rosenthals today and getting my outdoor grow sorted out.
How are the two things doing now?

Thank you Puregreen! I really admire folks who do outdoor grows. I'm not familiar with the white dwarf strain but the Ed Rosenthal is legendary.

The Things are doing so-so Puregreen. I am cautiously optimistic they may be slowly improving (especially Thing 2). I will capture some good photos on Thursday!

Back
Top Bottom