Love2grow28 DWC Recirculating Greenhouse Cheese Grow Journal - 2018

It Looks like u can go up with ur EC to 0.8 - 1.0... PH between 5.5 - 5.7, also optimizie your humidity a Little bit, seedlings should have around 70 - 80%

Im working with Clones, but my EC and PH is there, where you should be with etablished roots and after 2 Weeks vegitaion. PH should never be higher then 6.2.

23250.JPG

It Looks like u can go up with ur EC to 0.8 - 1.0... PH between 5.5 - 5.7, also optimizie your humidity a Little bit, seedlings should have around 70 - 80%

Im working with Clones, but my EC and PH is there, where you should be with etablished roots and after 2 Weeks vegitaion. PH should never be higher then 6.2.

23250.JPG
No offense dude but why on earth do you think 0.8 to 1.0 EC is appropriate for a plant with just a tap-root in the bucket? Not even 5 sets of leaves yet. Your chart has 1.0 at day 1.

No offense dude but why on earth do you think 0.8 to 1.0 EC is appropriate for a plant with just a tap-root in the bucket? Not even 5 sets of leaves yet. Your chart has 1.0 at day 1.

Sorry but how do my only have a tap root they have roots established?
5185ae7ca30a6639566d6d8fb5a8806c.jpg
643cb55a05ba47077cd158a7546b70e3.jpg
95008265cd7df383b0ad37b284314e05.jpg

And they are getting better and more roots by the day theses are over 1 month from seed being germinated and my EC is 1.0 flashing 1.2 so in-between there, just checked them there super happy! Just confused to how you jumped on to him when I do have roots?

Also my ph is 5.66 and are super happy, I also added bottles of water the room to create humidity and I also found my new ducting and set up my extraction oh boy what a difference that will make, now I have fresh air exchange and negative pressure that's tents now as tight a virgin sucking in with the neg pressure sure excited now.

Peace ✌️

Love2Grow28, your plants may be 1 month but they are not at the stage of growth of a 1 month plant. No amount of nutrients is going to change it. You're not going to steer the plant. My whole point is that your plants are very obviously stressed by the nutrient saturation. Watch your parameters today.

Measure your ppm right now. Measure it in 24 hours. I bet it rises.
This is what's responsible for your ph issues.

I've already explained how to fix it. Several times now.

Cut your ppm in half. Let's say 250-300.

Measure it that morning. Wait 24 hours, measure again. I bet it still rises.

That's a completely scientific way to figure out the correct amount of nutrients. Even better? Let's say it turns out to not be enough and your plants starts dropping the ppm of the solution. That's actually a good thing. It means feed more. But do it in increments. Listen to the plant. I feel like if you were, you'd see my point here.

For comparison here's my cookies. 34 days ago it was a seed in the mail.
621c00fff56579b2447c0d2a7f471b61.jpg
c081a8e4e6a846791a87c46c15e17f34.jpg

Oh don't get me wrong I love horti absolute legend in my eyes on here, always chimed in to help and yes I understand that they 1 month in growth they are about 2 weeks,

Here's a question I need anwsering how old would you say they are and what week am I in would you say from looking at it, appreciate everyone's help we all friends here just everyone expertise some times clash lol .

Ok I measured it and it is 5.66 stable and in morning will do it again it has been rising as EC a little bit what would that mean buddy thanks .

Love2Grow28, your plants may be 1 month but they are not at the stage of growth of a 1 month plant. No amount of nutrients is going to change it. You're not going to steer the plant. My whole point is that your plants are very obviously stressed by the nutrient saturation. Watch your parameters today.

Measure your ppm right now. Measure it in 24 hours. I bet it rises.
This is what's responsible for your ph issues.

I've already explained how to fix it. Several times now.

Cut your ppm in half. Let's say 250-300.

Measure it that morning. Wait 24 hours, measure again. I bet it still rises.

That's a completely scientific way to figure out the correct amount of nutrients. Even better? Let's say it turns out to not be enough and your plants starts dropping the ppm of the solution. That's actually a good thing. It means feed more. But do it in increments. Listen to the plant. I feel like if you were, you'd see my point here.

I totally see your point but why are they dancing in the light at 1.0 - 1.2 and when I had it 250 to 300 they where hardly growing and struggling if your absolutely sure as your more professional I'm happy to make a fresh batch and ppm to 250 to 300, would my ph still keep rising if I do this many thanks I'm on your side bro, I take your advise very seriously trust you got a good amount of DWC grow under belt lol, I always take advice from pros . peace ✌️

Just measure your ppm for now, get a 24 hour reading on your parameters to get a good idea of what your plant is doing.

Ph will always rise in a healthy system it's good for them. Just be sure to knock it down once it hits 6.5

Also try to keep track of water level.

Are you still adding h202 every several days? Dancing in the light is a good thing. Your plants should be fine if all you do is just maintain pH and let them grow into it. It may be a little slow at first but try not to waste gallons and gallons of nutes. Give them a few days to see how new growth is and if the ph scarring remains we'll get it figured out..

Also Growchy is definitely way more of a pro than me at hydro xD I'll see if I can't get some heavy artillery in here to help you succeed .

Also your plants only like a week behind when you factor in 1 week of germination/early seedling phase. You're doing good. The goal is a harvest and youll make it there.

Your the man, I think I have already curved the issue and I think I did it by upping the nutes, what I'm saying is I went in this morning adjust ph and got it to 5.66 and went back later they where dancing I know that means happy as that's the way I like them all to be no dancing but only one is lol ., so I know this is good that's why I was a little knocked when you said they may be oversaturated,

Should of lower it or wait?
No more h202 ran out, just snoops base nutes part a and part b and snoops radical roots that's it at min, oh and I'm using baking powder it's not all bad can actually be good for plants, shoot me now ha ha peace ✌️

Oh I'm also drawing a schedule to help me manage daily parameter measurements.

Haha thanks 3g I just let it slide anymore really. I'm afraid if some people knew I was a girl they'd be less apt to take me seriously xD

And yeah definitely monitor your parameters. Invest in something like hydroguard or z7 if you're gonna be running high ec at such a young stage. Root diseases are opportunistic and young plants are prone to mild tissue damage at higher ec.

Haha thanks 3g I just let it slide anymore really. I'm afraid if some people knew I was a girl they'd be less apt to take me seriously xD

And yeah definitely monitor your parameters. Invest in something like hydroguard or z7 if you're gonna be running high ec at such a young stage. Root diseases are opportunistic and young plants are prone to mild tissue damage at higher ec.

So then I should lower EC for best result would 500 EC be ok, or 300 oh sorry I didn't realise you was a woman lol, my bad . peace ✌️

Why am I of the opinion that an EC of 0.8 - 1.0 can be good? Because as I mentioned earlier, im working with clones and growing with no substrate on every system, with every fertilizer manufactor, every light and water supply is slightly different. My Water EC is between 0.2/0.3, so a Batch with 0.8/1.0 is not a big Thing. I'm not far away from what you recommend ...

Unfortunately I can not tell you why your plants with EC 0.2 - 0.4 have problems. For this I would have to know all the circumstances and you know that yourself ;) I use the two components Hy-Pro fertilizer in my recirculating soil tank and i give to 100l water 250ml each A/B compund. If I get the clones, they are already set to an EC 1.0. As you can also see in my report, the EC sinks. So the plants really need more. If you look into my report, you can see vital plants. With Hydro / Aero i do not need to increase the EC unnecessarily, I almost always work with the same EC up to harvest.

What I personally noticed is that under purple LED light the plants are more stressed than under warm white COBs. In addition there is the cultivation without substrate. Most of the strains have not been that bitchy so far, but sometimes I have a strain that does not want to grow like the others. What is your Groundwater EC/PH?

Why am I of the opinion that an EC of 0.8 - 1.0 can be good? Because as I mentioned earlier, im working with clones and growing with no substrate on every system, with every fertilizer manufactor, every light and water supply is slightly different. My Water EC is between 0.2/0.3, so a Batch with 0.8/1.0 is a big Thing. I'm not far away from what you recommend ...

Unfortunately I can not tell you why your plants with EC 0.2 - 0.4 have problems. For this I would have to know all the circumstances and you know that yourself ;) I use the two components Hy-Pro fertilizer in my recirculating soil tank and i give to 100l water 250ml each A/B compund. If I get the clones, they are already set to an EC 1.0. As you can also see in my report, the EC sinks. So the plants really need more. If you look into my report, you can see vital plants. With Hydro / Aero i do not need to increase the EC unnecessarily, I almost always work with the same EC up to harvest.

What I personally noticed is that under purple LED light the plants are more stressed than under warm white COBs. In addition there is the cultivation without substrate. Most of the strains have not been that bitchy so far, but sometimes I have a strain that does not want to grow like the others. What is your Groundwater EC/PH?

Thank you, my EC is between 1.0 1.2 I only give it more due to shading on the new leaf growth and my ph is 5.66 but has been fluctuating, one of them is super happy at this moment and I just added exhaust 6inch fan so they are also going to love that, maybe this contributed to the problem, they looked a little defiant I was feeding High when they where seedlings and they seem happier at a little higher EC, Also water level seems to stay the same last couple days Peace ✌️

Here some pics as of right now live,

EC 1.0
PPM 700
Temp 18.6
Humidity 39%
PH 5.72 was 5.66 some hours ago very small increase this is good as was mentioned in someone's post previously,

a61f017a49157f21193770205623a45d.jpg
0c1a392c29e9b7770903404b031e14ad.jpg
da62cb3403cfa7fe69f837a0d9c715d6.jpg
4a1a91618fbeabd1a0f1d758abcc8ef4.jpg
4d613f9654e3b56a9933715de9ed339b.jpg
312fc5496e85968026a31ed85e421011.jpg
b09eb3465d9a456eb4fd35542bbaf9b7.jpg
e5eadf1f76cacab6274b4d9930287cf8.jpg
87be1c508afb376413f3f1a96d794fab.jpg
29a4d5ed5c3037a6ad846affdd12ca29.jpg

Looking good if say so myself .

Peace ✌️

EC 1.0
PPM 700

Temp 18.6
Humidity 39%
PH 5.72 was 5.66 some hours ago very small increase this is good as was mentioned in someone's post previously,

Generally by North American standards we would read your ppm to be @ 500 on the .5 scale not 700 on the .7 scale. However an EC of 1.0 is universal. In my hydro grows at the stage your plants are at I would be feeding with an EC of 0.6 (300 ppm) and running the PH between 5.5 - 6.0, dropping it back as it rises. I concur with shorti that your a little hot on the nutes and would expect to see the results of that in 3 or 4 days from now.

You mentioned that they don't seem to be taking any water the last couple of days. Thats not a healthy sign either.

Looking good if say so myself

No they don't. They look sick, and you should heed the advice given by others and correct that soon. Remember, this isn't a race to see how fast you can grow them. In hydro you first build a root system that can supply and support the vigorous growth that hydro can generate. Good luck with your grow dude.:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom