LST f**k up

Gg#4 auto lst no more.

Attachments

• 0D92B1C4-BC8F-4A09-9AFD-7AB97A481EF4.jpeg
    0D92B1C4-BC8F-4A09-9AFD-7AB97A481EF4.jpeg
    470.2 KB · Views: 145
I broke my fav stalk yesterday. I feel ya bro! She was pretty withered before I caught it. Taped back together, I think I'll lose some feeder leaves but the top looks like it might be firming back up (knocks on wood)!

Your's doesn't look too bad. I've researched the post dates on some of the folks here that have shared this issue before, looks like about 4 days is what it takes to turn around a break.

Here is the healed supercrop. Squeezed the stalk and weakened the stem, bent it but it snapped.

Used some twine to give it some support but they will heal themselves.

It should be fine. Tape if you think it will help speed recovery. I used cotton twine last time and had no problems
Thanks. I should have waited for the soil to dry completely and bend it down slowly instead of forcing it.
Here is the healed supercrop. Squeezed the stalk and weakened the stem, bent it but it snapped.

Used some twine to give it some support but they will heal themselves.
oh yeah that will heal nicely. My last crop I split the stem on purpose with a sharpened popsicle stick to see if it would really produce more tricomes. It may not have been the smartest thing for me to do on my first grow bc I wouldn’t have known any difference but I can tell you that the resin production on that girl was insane and I shit you not I noticed more and more tricomes the very next day. It’s supposed to make the plant think it’s under attack and shit out resin to try and protect itself since resin is the plants defense system....the gorilla glue with the crack stem from yesterday is already recovering, she’s standing straight up. I bandaged her up anyway just to keep the wound clear of debris.

I used duct tape the last time it happened to me... almost broke it clean off, but I taped it anyway. Turned out to grow just fine and I got a good bud off of that branch. These plants will amaze you sometimes.
Hey emilya , i have a question about lst, when you bend a plant down to lst and she perks up do I bend her top down again? Or just keep her tied down and don’t bend anymore? The bottom branches are starting to catch up but isn’t a Evan canopy yet. I just want to make sure I’m doing it right so I don’t hurt this one to Thanks .

Hey emilya , i have a question about lst, when you bend a plant down to lst and she perks up do I bend her top down again? Or just keep her tied down and don’t bend anymore? The bottom branches are starting to catch up but isn’t a Evan canopy yet. I just want to make sure I’m doing it right so I don’t hurt this one to Thanks .
The whole idea of lst is one of dominance. There is a fight among the branches as to who becomes dominant and becomes the main cola. Two can achieve it at any one time and they will be the vertically top parts of the plant. If you bend them down below the top point of the plant, they are no longer dominant, and the fight among the branches begins anew. I equate this process of always going after the most dominant branches and bending them down as playing wack-a-mole with the plant. If it rises up, put it back down. The longer you can keep this up, the bushier your plant will become.

The whole idea of lst is one of dominance. There is a fight among the branches as to who becomes dominant and becomes the main cola. Two can achieve it at any one time and they will be the vertically top parts of the plant. If you bend them down below the top point of the plant, they are no longer dominant, and the fight among the branches begins anew. I equate this process of always going after the most dominant branches and bending them down as playing wack-a-mole with the plant. If it rises up, put it back down. The longer you can keep this up, the bushier your plant will become.
1743021Hi emilya any idea what this brown spotting is from? There’s also a very tiny yellow spot on the tip of one of the leaves.

Not sure if lst is stunting my grow on one of my two or just poor root system but here are my girls, am also suspecting some mite infestation any input ?

Attachments

• F0D1D4E7-F9B7-4103-8561-5AE2960C353F.jpeg
    F0D1D4E7-F9B7-4103-8561-5AE2960C353F.jpeg
    623.8 KB · Views: 126
  • AF81B683-6FDE-4589-BCC9-936A5CCBA762.jpeg
    AF81B683-6FDE-4589-BCC9-936A5CCBA762.jpeg
    620.6 KB · Views: 136
  • D4687AA9-E458-4C90-BAF4-704C227250A2.jpeg
    D4687AA9-E458-4C90-BAF4-704C227250A2.jpeg
    649.1 KB · Views: 134
  • F77E9897-C70F-4EDE-B0F6-F6C1F66F362C.jpeg
    F77E9897-C70F-4EDE-B0F6-F6C1F66F362C.jpeg
    623.4 KB · Views: 131
  • 601A1D08-4FCD-439D-AEAE-545A63AC4AC0.jpeg
    601A1D08-4FCD-439D-AEAE-545A63AC4AC0.jpeg
    602.2 KB · Views: 135
That could be hitting the nutes too hard... picture?
Is it possible it’s adjusting to the new ph water and absorbing more nutrients in the slightly acidic range? I’ve recently went from hard alkaline water to slightly acidic distilled water that has a ph of 6.0 out the jug and raises when Opened. (The filter I was using for my tap water brought the ph down to 5.0,I’m guessing it filtered out the line?)

Not sure if lst is stunting my grow on one of my two or just poor root system but here are my girls, am also suspecting some mite infestation any input ?
I just checked my leaves and I have little holes in my leaves also, no signs of bugs though Are you using fox farm as well?

tips look like a slight nute burn... nothing to worry about compared to the spider mite problem. I do think you are correct in that diagnosis after seeing the partially eaten leaf and the little white telltale pinprick marks.
Haven’t used any nutes except for some calimagic a few waterings ago they are on about 5 weeks from ground break. Any suggestions on a course of actions against the mites ? Am new to this so anything will help

Back
Top Bottom