LST Help

As high as you let it.
That's one of the points/uses of LST, to keep them short and spread out.

More like, how wide can I get it to grow?
As wide as it would have been tall :cheesygrinsmiley:

Perfect answer :)

With time and patience you can keep the whole plant pretty much level with the pot. Now you just need the area rather than height. And enough light to cover that area.

Cool. Thanks guys. After you train the plant all the way around the pot in a spiral, don't the colas grow straight up? That's what i've seen on a lot of other pictures.

lst4.jpg

I also did lst on my grow

How tall did yours get to in lst? I'm interested because i have a height restriction on my cabinet, and with HPS lights if the plants get too close, they'll get cooked.

ya i got some plants about 4 weeks old, could i start LST now, and does it make that much of a difference?

ya i got some plants about 4 weeks old, could i start LST now, and does it make that much of a difference?

It will always make a difference. With older plants be careful as the branches and nodes become less flexible the risk of snapping and wishboning increases.

I was figuring on waiting, but, would it benefit in being so young? As the stalks grow, they'll harden and thicken in the position, with less strain right?

Do some plants now, do some later. See which way you like better then stick to that way next time.

this is such a cool idea!!

here's a dumb question, what does LST stand for?

Since I'm obsessed with LST now, I thought I'd just share my experience with it. I have kept my plants less than 6" tall from the top of the pot. They are bushy monsters, but sit very low.

I built my grow box 4' high to accommodate taller plants, but didn't really give LST some thought. I could have saved a lot of materials building a shorter box :bong:

i've got a very tall room, 7'6", but if this works as well as it seems to, i might be able to grow two sets of plants. one on the floor and another on a shelf... what a concept!

thanks TheWeed, you're too kind. :)

Back
Top Bottom