Lux meter

I cant believe it but the bigger one is light already. Is it thirsty or maybe still healing?
20201114_120421.jpg
20201114_120437.jpg

It makes perfect sense now that the little one is taking water slowly... you have severely stressed the poor thing. Not only have you splayed her out to the 5 directions but then you also defoliated...

When you do these sorts of terrible things to a plant, expect her to sit there for 3 or 4 days with a stupid look, trying to figure out what just happened and how it now needs to react.

Luckily, we have adjusted how you water. If you had also been overwatering this one as you had been doing, and kept the bottom half of your container full of water, that plant would be in big trouble at this point... too weak to recover from the "training" you have put her through. Because you are being patient however, the roots are starting to thrive and they will drive the massive refoliation of the plant as she gets going with things. Remain patient, trust the method, and lets make sure that you don't yet water... until it is as dry as the Sahara desert... Until it is as light as a pot of dry soil... Until it is so light that you will think that surely you are killing it. When you can report that your human senses can not tell that there is any water weight in there at all, then saturate that soil. The next time she will drain all of that water in record time... just wait and see. Stay the course.... you are going to have a real beauty there soon!

The big one looks thirsty... what is that, a 2 day wet/dry cycle? That is good, and that means you will be able to get a lot of water and nutes into her. Give her all the water that soil can hold, and lets carefully time the wet/dry cycle now that the roots are fully activated again.
Ok you got it. We watered it last on 11-8. So it's been 6 days

Sativas generally take a lot longer to grow out too... I can't imagine anyone recommending them for new growers of weeds... it can be a difference as dramatic as 60 days for an indica and 100 days or more for some sativas. The reason we first had hybrids was to develop plants that had a shorter bloom period than some of the sativas and to acclimate offshoots of those varieties to the northern climates to make them easier to grow in the USA and Europe. It has seemed to me over the years of watching this that there are hybrids of all kinds shapes and flavors available to the consumer nowadays, and it seems that all of these mysterious new varieties, promising this taste or that, are what the seed banks seem to be pushing the most.

And then there are Autos to consider. Autos of all flavors are marketed as easier to grow, faster, need less nutes, no transplanting... all designed to sell them to newbies. Since sativa lines generally have more of a strong head high to them, a sativa line bred to be an auto, would be one of the strongest highs available in the auto world as compared to the equally easy to grow autos of the hybrid and the indica world. If we are talking about autos, then I can see why a shop would recommend their sativa lines over any others... simply for the stronger high.

Humidity at seedling stage should be about 70% and temp between 77-81.
If you're doing an autoflower I'd do 20 hours of light 4 hours dark.
If you're doing a Living Organic Soil then you need at least a 15 gallon fabric pot even for an autoflower.
If you're doing a super soil then probably at least a 7 gallon fabric pot so you got room to fill the bottom 3rd of the pot with super soil and still have about 5 gallons of good organic soil on top.
I have been doing 24 lights on since the start should I change? Any advice is appreciated.
B0BE7C13-9A2F-4A52-B261-5A5C55572A16.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom