Luxx's 2nd Grow Perpetual Closet and Cab Setup

Re: luxx's 2nd grow perpetual closet and cab setup.

Werd. Hope all is well :blushsmile:

all is well as it could be. Been super busy. A lot has changed.. the grow will go on schedule.

Dirt update. They are growing.. after the 3 week lag though.. i dont know. Momdukes is still kicking.. i lsted her and decapitated her because of height. A few weird leaves, but thriving non-the-less.

Bubbler update. Man. Looked at the roots one day.. and they were all slimy and nasty looking brown. Root rot right? or was it algae? So my thoughts are these plants are goners. I still tried to help them. So i took the lid part of my concoction and made another tub. Filled it with phed water. Took the lid part and metaled taped it up so no light could penetrate it. Then i tried to clean the roots up by spraying them with water but that didn't work. So i cut the bad roots off to allow new growth. To my surprise, my theory was correct, as the plants are growing again. Instead of pics i want to try a video. Check it out. My poor battered plants. (Oh yea i cut Momdukes head off and planted it in a rock-wool cube seven days ago. Seems to be alive but not looking very healthy.)

YouTube - SS850782.AVI

Get some peroxide in the tub on a regular basis to prevent root problems. Let me know if you need dosages etc for that.

:peace:

please labrat.. and what strength should i get also?

Good to see an update Luxx, busy is good...usually lol. Cool vid, got quite the little militia going on there :) I'm too paranoid to post anything like that on Youtube.

LabRat, the peroxide is to help increase oxygen content in the water as with using it in soil? Or does it aid in another way in hydro?

Nice set up man, all coming along great!

Stick some tunes on the vid next time lol

:thumb:

Well.. bad news... and good news...

bad news.. dropped my ph meter in a jar of water. Screen went all weird. So i decided to be mr. fix-it and proceeded to take the end off to get it to dry quicker.. and to my surprise i ripped a red wire from it. SO.. i can solder the wire back.. or i can buy another one.. Money is short so i must get either test strips or solution for now. I might invest some money in a 3 way mountable tester.

The Milwaukee ph600 pen meters are poorly designed, and are made from cheap plastic. (Not that i am a expert on these things)

Bad News Cont.
The head of mom dukes is now dieing, or is dead. I didnt use cloning hormone. It was in a humidity dome in a rockwool cube that stayed moist for around 6 days.. It looked alive and healthy. Now when i transplanted it.. it had died. Need to learn from this. This cutting survived 8 days after... umm cutting... Any thoughts on this?

Good news...

The bubbler is thriving.. roots are massive and growing faster than ive ever seen anything grow. Momdukes loves her lst and her new shoots are going strong. She is gaining about a half inch a day lsted. The others that were planted at the same time are looking great and are showing signs of root-boundedness. Cant transplant because i have no room. Looks like i will split my veg chamber up into two sections.. since i already have the lights and wont have to modify the ventilation any.

ON the other hand.. got my beans in today from singleseedcentre. They sent a few extra because it took nearly 3 weeks to get them. No worries.. now i have 4 different strains to choose from for the next few months. Starting one at a time every 3 months.

until we meet again.

The Milwaukee ph600 pen meters are poorly designed, and are made from cheap plastic. (Not that i am a expert on these things)

I'm not a fan of the design either, especially the slider switch at the top...always fun trying to hold that sideways and adjust the calibration screw in the back. I remember complaining about it in my first journal. My plastic has worked fine so far...but I haven't tried submerging it either ;)

Bad News Cont.
The head of mom dukes is now dieing, or is dead. I didnt use cloning hormone. It was in a humidity dome in a rockwool cube that stayed moist for around 6 days.. It looked alive and healthy. Now when i transplanted it.. it had died. Need to learn from this. This cutting survived 8 days after... umm cutting... Any thoughts on this?

Is it possible the cube dried out in the soil? Mine all looked absolutely phenominal until about 7-10 days after cutting and then for the next week or so they got worse (yellower, splotchy) as they cannibalized themselves for nutrients. I didn't transplant my "good" clone until it was sucking the Rapid Rooter plug dry 2-3 times a day even though I couldn't see roots. I still take extra care to make sure that plug stays moist even if all the dirt around it looks fine. So far so good.

Good news...

The bubbler is thriving.. roots are massive and growing faster than ive ever seen anything grow. Momdukes loves her lst and her new shoots are going strong. She is gaining about a half inch a day lsted. The others that were planted at the same time are looking great and are showing signs of root-boundedness. Cant transplant because i have no room. Looks like i will split my veg chamber up into two sections.. since i already have the lights and wont have to modify the ventilation any.

ON the other hand.. got my beans in today from singleseedcentre. They sent a few extra because it took nearly 3 weeks to get them. No worries.. now i have 4 different strains to choose from for the next few months. Starting one at a time every 3 months.

until we meet again.

I've been considering splitting my cabinet too...hopefully you don't procrastinate as long as I have (going on a year) lol. Glad to hear you have some good things going to even out the bad!

lookin good :smokin:like too see some those singleseedcentre pics cause the afghan kush special is f-in awesome and the bubblegum has been cloned 18 times and momma has two twin sisters(bubblegum that is)and the kush has a big twin sister....keep in touch.......!!!!PugSNugS

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom