Luxx's 2nd Grow Perpetual Closet and Cab Setup

Re: luxx's 2nd grow perpetual closet and cab setup.

Pic update day 22.. very disapointed in my growing skills at the moment.

The seeds i placed in the peat were duds, except for one. leaving only one explanation, bad seeds, they were old, and I dont think he kept them in the right environment.

so i :rollit: and then decided to upload some pics.. i wish it wasnt such a task to do it.

all aboard the fail boat, bring your own life preservers....

SS850662.jpg

SS850661.jpg

SS850660.jpg

SS850659.jpg

SS850658.jpg

SS850657.jpg

SS850656.jpg

SS850655.jpg

SS850666.jpg

pitiful..
SS850619.jpg

gettin better here....
SS850623.jpg

Well thats all for plant pics... check out the cloner i made.
SS850631.jpg

SS850632.jpg

SS850633.jpg

SS850638.jpg

SS850639.jpg

SS850642.jpg

SS850643.jpg

SS850644.jpg

SS850645.jpg

any thoughts or suggestions on the cloner please let me know, i am thinking that the 4 airstones in there are not moving the water in all places, but it is boiling. Have to get a 6'' one.

I ordered...

1x Lowryder #2 x AK47 - Feminized for £10.80 each
2x AK-48 - Feminized for £5.50 each
1x Cheese - Feminized for £4.90 each
1x Himalaya Gold - Feminized for £5.50 each

from singleseedcentre

No more messing with crap seeds.

Got some rockwool to start the good seeds in, some hydroton also.

Cheap PH up and Down, where when how much... cheap.. i am broke. :D

It looks like momdukes is overwatered, but the soil is dry, poor drainage?

getting tired now.. cya later.

Hey that's another thing that I was thinking, which is maybe the soil doesnt have good enough drainage. They are all alive tho, they just look sad, i still maintain that they can and will bounce back ;). Do you have extra perlite lying around? Congrats on the new seeds & the cloner looks great too(ya just need to light proof the bottom, roots dont like light). I wouldn't feel sad at all, you've got new additions to your grow ops and got good seeds coming, so things are def up on the up side for ya :surf:

+rep for the DIY cloner

headsup- read recently that lowryder is known for not cloning well- not sure that it will be that big of an effect as you ordered a hybrid, but forwarned it might be more difficult than others, so you might not feel too bad about your green thumb if you have trouble with that one as a mommy :eek:)

headsup- read recently that lowryder is known for not cloning well- not sure that it will be that big of an effect as you ordered a hybrid, but forwarned it might be more difficult than others, so you might not feel too bad about your green thumb if you have trouble with that one as a mommy :eek:)

Not supposed to clone auto-flowers. Seed grow only with little veg time before flowering starts under any light schedule.

:peace:

momdukes looks pretty good to me...if you're worried it's being overwatered I wouldn't mist it any more as they can take in water through the leaves faster than through the roots. At least I think I see some water droplets on the leaves. How long had the lights been on when you took that pic? Plants are often a bit droopy when they wake up. Mine tends to look like that when it is either too dry or is not getting enough air circulation.

Never built a cloner before or even read about them so nothing to add there...except that it looks good! lol

Pic update day 22.. very disapointed in my growing skills at the moment.

The seeds i placed in the peat were duds, except for one. leaving only one explanation, bad seeds, they were old, and I dont think he kept them in the right environment.

I'm not expert in this, but I remember learning in my H.S. horticulture class that peat is very acidic.

didnt put these in peat, currently not using it right now.

help, i was thinking it was overwatering, been the same for days and no water, so i watered today, so far no help. Whats it look like to you...

SS850692.jpg

SS850689.jpg

SS850683.jpg

SS850682.jpg

SS850677.jpg

watering my plants last grow was easy, what the hell, people said that your 2nd grow will be better than 1st, i think my green thumb is now black from death.

LOL, I have (had?) some of those exact same dinner plates...do those cups have drain holes in the bottom? How long after watering did you take those pics? Are you sure it is getting enough air circulation through the foliage (lots of leaf movement)?

LOL, I have (had?) some of those exact same dinner plates...do those cups have drain holes in the bottom? How long after watering did you take those pics? Are you sure it is getting enough air circulation through the foliage (lots of leaf movement)?

Cheap plates from family dollar, im a baller on a budget.

its a 2liter pot, i have about 8 1/4'' holes in the bottom

pics were 3 days after water.

Leaves are constantly moving when the lights are on.......

watered right after those pics which was a couple hours ago, no change........

Your cloner looks good. The bubbles will drift around and when they pop will moisten the ends of the clones just fine. Just cover the clear plastic with something to keep out the light. I used a little peroxide and a wee bit of thrive in the water when I used my DIY tub cloner and it worked great.

You can get cheap pH up and down at most garden centers or even hardware stores that sell some gardening supplies.

I'm not sure what's up with your plant there but I would suspect that the pH is out of whack at least. It looks pretty healthy otherwise.

Hope she gets better fast for you! :thumb:

just got my pH600 tester in, tap water is 7.5 borderline high? Thats not enough for lockout though.

Also, on the bubble cloner, should the water temps be warm? i have a heating pad i can slide under it.

Also got some new digital scales, forgot to get measuring vials for nutes..

and momdukes still looks wilted. gonna have to get a npk soil test i guess.

Yeah, 7.5 is a bit high for soil, 6 is closer to ideal...at 7.5 it's borderline to locking out phosphorus though according to the "problem solver" post:

Benefit: Phosphorus does a lot of things for the plant. One of the most important parts of Phosphorus is: It aids in root growth and influences the vigour of the plant and is
one of the most important elements in flowering as well helps to germinate seedlings.

Same goes for zinc but I don't think you have a zinc problem, borderline lockout on the low side (4.5-4.7 and 7.5-9.5). Throughout that solver the author repeatedly mentions that they would not go over 7.0 in soil. I try to keep mine closer to the mid to low 6's.

What pH Level or Range Should I aim For?

just got my pH600 tester in, tap water is 7.5 borderline high? Thats not enough for lockout though.

Also, on the bubble cloner, should the water temps be warm? i have a heating pad i can slide under it.

Also got some new digital scales, forgot to get measuring vials for nutes..

and momdukes still looks wilted. gonna have to get a npk soil test i guess.

7.5 is definitely high enough to cause lockouts. Room temp, 70F is high enough for your cloner temps. I use syringes for measuring my nutes. Can get everything from 1CC-60CC at the local farm supply store. Needles too. A nice long 16 gauge needle works great, just blunt the point with a file or sharpening stone so you don't stick yourself! 1 CC = 1 ml. Some clear rubber tubing can fit on the end of the syringe too so you can dip it in to the bottom of a nute jug easily. A short piece of shrink wrap tubing can secure the clear tubing on the tip of the syringe as well.

Pour some neutral pH (7), water through Momdukes pot and collect some run-off to test the pH in there.

:goodluck: !

Can the problem be the white container? Would that let light in to the roots?

The light that gets through won't hurt after filtering through the plastic.

Good point tho and some duct tape can block it if it is a concern. I use white plastic tobacco cans for my soil grows like the Kali mom I transplanted a couple of days ago.

+Rep for being observant! :bong:

Pour some neutral pH (7), water through Momdukes pot and collect some run-off to test the pH in there.

Ah, I thought he was referring to his run-off...not sure how I missed that whole "tap water is..." spiel lol. Go buy some distilled water, it should be 7.0 (give or take a tenth ime), and like LabRat said test the run-off. The first amount that you can collect is best.

Also with tap water there may be chemicals in it, depending where your water comes from. If you can log on to your local water provider's website and see if they have published any annual test results on their website. It may give you a breakdown of what is in the water and how much of it (ppm usually). Other than that R/O water is best from what I understand but it's not the easiest/cheapest to obtain sometimes so distilled water works fine...good pH and is clean.

The thing is the other grow i did, was next door, same water right? I used it the whole time, No problems with ph. Hmm, it was warmer then though. I dont know, but i think that momdizzile is getting better.

Pics let me know...

SS850714.jpg

SS850704.jpg

SS850696.jpg

SS850702.jpg

Another question, just to make sure, should the water level be touching the net pots? or right under?

going to go get distilled water now... bb in a few

Back
Top Bottom