Luxx's 2nd Grow Perpetual Closet and Cab Setup

Re: luxx's 2nd grow perpetual closet and cab setup.

New soil in my opinion. FFOF! It's the shiznit.

wow, you're making some really good progress, keep it up dude! i'll be watching!!

well i have decided to germ some seeds, if the growth of the new seeds overwhelm the old ones, the old ones are trash. I will keep the biggest one of the little ones. I have germed 6 more,
Can i use peat pellets for a bubbler? they get messy i would think, not good for the rez.

So ill find some soil. No one in my state has foxfarms, no hydro shops, only walmart, lowes, home depot, ace hardware.

Suggestions on a soil that will be an equivalent to ffof?

I replaced the exhaust fan with a big metal 12vdc 100cfm fan, then the old exhaust was mounted in the shelf to keep a faster airflow. Pictures will be uploaded tonight. I also have a humidifier running right beside the intake, RH is now 45% temps will be around 75 i hope.

Didnt get a ph meter, will order one from ebay in a few.

Ill be around....

"We're sorry, we couldn't find any businesses in that area. Please search again."

Eh, never hurts to try. I went to the FF site to fine stores that sold them in my area, closest is a 3 hour drive.

I see you've dealt with the fan hook-up problem so that's good.

A local, 45 min drive, store has some 100% organic potting soil on for $6.49 for a 50 Liter/13 US Gal bags. Nothing fancy, it's called Pots and Plants, all purpose, sterilized and 100% Organic so it should work with about 20-30% coarse perlite added.

I figure I might as well try some KaliMist in organic and see what it's like compared to hydro. The wife wants to start some tomato plants too so we can use it for that as well.

That dirt you're using looks pretty chunky alright. Any dry areas in the pots are bad news. If a root grows into a void the tip will die and slow down growth for sure.

If you have to drive 3 hours to get FF, phone them first so you don't get there and find out they sold the last bag just before you got there! lol

C'ya L8r.

:peace:

Hey haven't been round here in a while, thought I'd drop in and say allo. Momdukes is kickin some ass! Think your other kids are duds maybe? perhaps they were older seeds or something? If you can get one to blast off like that, hopefully its the genetic thats doin it to the others. Don't let the we uns get you down. keep em around but startin up some new seeds might be a bit less depressing in the long run :eek:S Good luck!

What store are you referring to lab?

I will order it offline before i drive my poor car for 6 hours. My clutch is junk. Besides, shipping on that soil is 25 dollars, i would have that in gas easy, and i get great gas mileage.

O well, think i will go hydro, ive seen a few growers that use peat pellets with DWC, the theory is sound, but i need to know the negatives to doing it.

i ordered some net pots and hydroton, ordered them 10 days ago, it said they are shipped, idk, friday i guess.

Some pics of stuff i am doing...

New fan..

big metal sob. does ok imo.
SS850564.jpg

Alot bigger than the other one, and metal so i had to modify my shiznit.
SS850565.jpg

big difference...
SS850566.jpg

Put the old exhaust fan in the shelf, dont think it helps much seeing that my temps are still around 82, but humidity is stable at 41%
SS850567.jpg

see i am a genius.
SS850568.jpg

check it out, the loudest part of the cab.
SS850584.jpg

And now for some shots of, well nothing yet, check it out.
SS850570.jpg

SS850569.jpg

SS850573.jpg

And Momdukes, very healthy plant imo.
SS850575.jpg

SS850577.jpg

Comment suggestions wanted and welcome. :grinjoint:

Hmmm try bringing the lights down a lil lower on the runts. Like 2-3 inches if possible. mom dukes is lookin good tho

think DroJos got a good pointer- you'll probably see them take off a bit once they're a lil closer to the lights. I had to do that with my runt, propped her up so she was level with everyone else, within a day she'd started growing again and almost caught up with the others before the big chop last night. let me tell you, topping is a sad event after a runt catches up... :eek:S LOL

New fan..

How many CFM?

Put the old exhaust fan in the shelf, dont think it helps much seeing that my temps are still around 82, but humidity is stable at 41%
SS850567.jpg

Perhaps it's temporary since you can't fit it...but that oscillating fan in the lower section of the cabinet really needs to be working on strengthening some stalks ;) But you knew that...tight spot, hard to find a fan small enough to put in there without being too strong.

check it out, the loudest part of the cab.

I stuck my humidifier in my cab the other day...seemed to work pretty well in this moistureless air that I have to contend with. I like how yours has that fan to blow straight up.

And Momdukes, very healthy plant imo.
I agree :bravo:

How many CFM?

big metal 12vdc 100cfm fan

Perhaps it's temporary since you can't fit it...but that oscillating fan in the lower section of the cabinet really needs to be working on strengthening some stalks ;) But you knew that...tight spot, hard to find a fan small enough to put in there without being too strong.
I took that one out, but seeing that temps was still around 84, i put it back, now i am at 72-78 with a heating pad in there for the seedlings. That little fan doesnt have any of the mounting brackets on it, so it kinda just sits in there and moves around due to vibration.

I stuck my humidifier in my cab the other day...seemed to work pretty well in this moistureless air that I have to contend with. I like how yours has that fan to blow straight up.

25 dollars at wally world, not too shabby. I was thinking of sticking it in there with the plants, but other than the plants needing the humidity, i need it bad. The air is very dry and i wake up with a sore throat almost everyday, until now.

Any suggestions on when and how i should sex momdukes, the suspense is killing me.

Both of my grows had preflowers beginning to show around week four to week five, some strains in less than that. There are two other methods I am aware of; cloning and the paper bag (before you do it reassure the plant it's not because it's ugly!).

Cloning...well...take a clone and flower it, that's the basics of it.

Paper bag...cover a branch with a bag, one that breathes is probably preferable, to simulate a 12/12 light cycle and supposedly it will eventually cause that branch go in to flower. Once sex is shown it can be reverted back to veg.

There are threads on both of these techniques in the "How to grow" thread collection thread I believe. If you can't find 'em let me know and I'll dig 'em up for you good buddy. If you're in a rush cloning is probably the best method. However I don't think momdukes is far enough along for that yet but I'm just a clone newbie. Isn't the suspense half the fun? Torture? ;)

Yea Neutrino was right. Mom dukes is a lil young to be cloned now. It might end up being traumatic for her. If you're topping to clone let her get to about 5-6 internodes and top on an diagonal angle. You can stick her in soil or straight perlite or rockwool inserts and keep her under a humidty dome under light 24/0. Mist 2-3 times a day and you should have your very first clone :cheer:

dro:smokin:

Damn, there is this place i grew up near and never thought to go there. Check it out its a huge place, like a warehouse of stuff, 1st thing in the morning i am going to get some stuff.

check it out and tell me what you think.

Greens Feed and Seed.

The Hoffman's and MG they carry have nutes added so be careful what you pick up. The Ace brand potting soil looks to be nute-free but nothing special beyond that. It could be a decent start for your grow medium, might not hurt to take a look at some of the home-brewed soil mixes that are posted here on 420 to see what else would be good to add to it BEFORE you transplant. Hope you find something you can work with!

Online Catalog for Green's Feed and Seed

They also have Hyponex top soil...I did a search on google and found some threads talking about it, some good, some bad, most indicate adding some other stuff to it helps (of course). I also noticed they had something called "Wiggle Worm Soil Builder" and when I googled that it said it was earthworm castings as I suspected. I know that worm castings are often called for in those homebrewed soil mixes I mentioned...and it's cheap. Looks like you might be able to do ok over there, might need to get some extra stuff to mix in the soil too, but overall better than driving three hours or paying shipping. However, so far I am a HUUUUGE fan of FFOF as it hasn't done me wrong yet and my plants have all done very well in it...I would almost pay to have it shipped to me if it weren't anywhere within close distance.

Greens has all the amendments i would need. But i keep contradicting myself. I was going to go hydro, all except for one plant. since i would be flowering in dwc, i was thinking of
running my mothers and clones in dwc also, i already have the tubs and the netpots are on the way. At 6 per tub, i would be able to keep a combination of 12 clones/mothers. i will be doing more than one strain, keeping at least 3 strains going, and since i have 4 flowering dwc buckets, i will keep 8 clones going leaving room for one more mother or clone.

I just reread your post Neut, I purchased the Hyponex potting soil. What does that mean.

What do you think

-luxx

It means you should go back and swap it for the top soil ;) Actually it means that I need to go back and reread what I saw...I didn't look to see if they were time-release or if they were just "normal" additives. Or rather you can look it up and see...and also check what others have decided to add to it! :) If they're not time release you should be fine. And I'm glad to see you found a decent store close-by!

Back
Top Bottom