Luxx's 2nd Grow Perpetual Closet and Cab Setup

Re: luxx's 2nd grow perpetual closet and cab setup.

No, I just feel like a poseur... like I'm just pretending to grow =D

I welcome the first problem, should give me something to do!

Lol.

Bongtastic. Ya flash git lol

If you dont f**k up how you gonna learn? :p lol

"The strain is called Alqpuco gold"

Ahh , I suspect you mean acapulco gold, woww I rememeber that from 20 years ago for sure, (tho actually think it was solids as was never a great bud). nevertheless should be able to find some strains guides somewhere on that strain.

Kudos to Neutrino.. He's been dishing a lot of good quality help to ya luxx. Dont get pysched out by the heat issues. New bulbs always run very hot. Give it a week and you'll see what your true temps will be.
Bongtastic and Neut have really helped you tons and there isn't much I can add. I will say this, my first grow I messed up and messed up and messed up. I was very discouraged. But it drove me to read more and just try to correct my issues. Of course I effed up a lot, but It made me a better grower. Once your ladies get on track there will be no stoppin ya bro. Trust me :cheer:

Yea, neutrino was a huge help last grow, wish i could return the favor.

These bulbs, except for 2 of them, are over a year old, what i used last grow.

Plants looks the same today, except for momdukes, she grew 1/2 inch last night.

bad news guys, there is something wrong with my arm, cyst, swelling, pain. Might be going to the ER here in a min. Not sure though. I know this is off topic, does anyone know a good site to ask medical questions?

If you feel pain or swelling that is inhibiting any finger movement or joint movement at all, then yea go see help. Idk of any medical sites, but you could always call your local hospital and talk to a doctor that's on shift for the night

webmd.com

I don't go to the doc damn near unless I think I'm dying...with or without insurance lol. DroJo has good advice, if it's not inhibiting movement at all and the pain is not debilitating (or turning weird colors or something equally strange) I wouldn't spend the money to go to the ER either. I'd try and wait to get in with a regular physician if possible...I've walked out of an ER before while waiting for a doc to get to me lol.

I webmd'ed my ass off for the past 3 days, called people, went to the library. Cant figure out what it is, but from what i hear it is bruitis, or lipoma, or ganglion cyst, or sybatic cyst, or, worst case scenareo, cancerous tumor. I think i narrowed it down.(i cant spell them, but thats not the point)

Thanks scaredeecat, a lot of hard work, that i hope, someday, will pay off.

Don't make yourself paranoid about what it might be...make yourself paranoid by finding out what it REALLY is :D I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to give you some SSRI's for it lol...that's all they ever seem to want to give out anymore. Hopefully it's nothing overly serious!

an antidepressent for a arm cyst? or for my parinoia? I am not going to worry about it until it advances another stage, i have all the strength in that arm that i had, so i will wait and see what happens.

ahh i see, kinda like "here lets give you mood enhancements so the situation doesn't seem as bad as it really is" Here they give everybody neurotin from muscle cramps to seizers. They even gave them to my mom cause she had trouble sleeping, to take with the ambien she already was on, i told her not to, but anyways, picture update tonight, not looking so good for some. l8ter

Pic update,

SS850526.jpg

SS850529.jpg

SS850530.jpg

SS850531.jpg

SS850532.jpg

SS850536.jpg

SS850554.jpg

Now let me remind you that they are 17 days old. Got more germing. No worries.

Momdukes...
SS850537.jpg

SS850538.jpg

SS850539.jpg

SS850551.jpg

Check them out. This is kinda discouraging, I dont even want to post on other peoples grows. A Well, i guess this is a lesson of patients.

Don't be discouraged bro. Momdukes is looking better day to day. Everyone gets runts, even the super pros. You might have gotten a couple runts, but they don't look entirely unhealthy. Something could be stunting their growth. Now I see the cups are sorta clear even tho their triple cupped. Maybe try putting them in a solo cop for a few days and seeing if maybe they start growing? Also at this point how often are you watering them, Are you nuting them? They aren't a lost cause, they can definitly still bounce back my friend. They just get lazy sometimes :blushsmile:

I was gonna say the same thing...momdukes is looking great and the rest, while a bit unhappy looking, don't look like lost causes yet. I certainly can understand the frustration of slow growth especially when it is such a lopsided majority.

Are the roots of the runts growing? At that age in those cups normally I'd be seeing a root or two poking through the bottom of the drain holes. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any simply due to their size but maybe for some strange reason the roots are growing but the foliage isn't? I don't even know if that's possible. I'm gonna have to look back and see what your pH is...kind of hard to believe it's a deficiency at that age, at least in the soil, I'm thinking maybe a nutrient lockout due to bad pH?

Don't be discouraged bro. Momdukes is looking better day to day. Everyone gets runts, even the super pros. You might have gotten a couple runts, but they don't look entirely unhealthy. Something could be stunting their growth. Now I see the cups are sorta clear even tho their triple cupped. Maybe try putting them in a solo cop for a few days and seeing if maybe they start growing? Also at this point how often are you watering them, Are you nuting them? They aren't a lost cause, they can definitly still bounce back my friend. They just get lazy sometimes :blushsmile:

dont have any solo cups, i will get some in the morning to test that theory. thanks for the idea!

I was gonna say the same thing...momdukes is looking great and the rest, while a bit unhappy looking, don't look like lost causes yet. I certainly can understand the frustration of slow growth especially when it is such a lopsided majority.

Are the roots of the runts growing? At that age in those cups normally I'd be seeing a root or two poking through the bottom of the drain holes. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't any simply due to their size but maybe for some strange reason the roots are growing but the foliage isn't? I don't even know if that's possible. I'm gonna have to look back and see what your pH is...kind of hard to believe it's a deficiency at that age, at least in the soil, I'm thinking maybe a nutrient lockout due to bad pH?

The roots are definitely growing, in one the root went out a drain hole, and wrapped around the bottom of the cup 2 times. It must have been 3-inches long. Bright white, and fuzzy. others you can see them in the clear cups, the roots are at the bottom, just not peaking out.

My ph was 6.6-7.0 from my tap. 110ppm. New water is set out as soon as i use the water in the jars, they sit, opened, for about 2-3 days.

No nutes not even on momdukes. O yea, her roots are growing out of the bottom of the 1 quart container i have her in, and she STINKS good.

When should i top her? Or should i at all when all i really need is 4-6 clones every two months?

Other notes, when i was watering them, i observed the soil and the water going through it. The cup had a lot of dry spots where water was being diverted due to a tree branch or something big in the mix. So i decided to over-water some to see if has something to do with that. If not, what does it hurt, right?

Had the lights far away, moved them a little closer seeing that my temps are staying around 81 at plant level, whats safe? 85ish?

:roorrip:

The roots are definitely growing, in one the root went out a drain hole, and wrapped around the bottom of the cup 2 times. It must have been 3-inches long. Bright white, and fuzzy. others you can see them in the clear cups, the roots are at the bottom, just not peaking out.

That's a good sign...

My ph was 6.6-7.0 from my tap. 110ppm. New water is set out as soon as i use the water in the jars, they sit, opened, for about 2-3 days.

Sounds good...what about the pH of the runoff? I don't know much about ppm so I can't say anything regarding that.

No nutes not even on momdukes. O yea, her roots are growing out of the bottom of the 1 quart container i have her in, and she STINKS good.

Most excellent...my plant smells like it's in early flowering even though it's still got another two weeks of veg left! Odor scrubbers will be a must this time around.

When should i top her? Or should i at all when all i really need is 4-6 clones every two months?

I haven't done any HST but I do love me some LST...that's all I'll say on that. If you're only going for that many clones figure you may want to cut twice as many figuring a 50% success ratio...I forget if you've done it before.

Other notes, when i was watering them, i observed the soil and the water going through it. The cup had a lot of dry spots where water was being diverted due to a tree branch or something big in the mix. So i decided to over-water some to see if has something to do with that. If not, what does it hurt, right?

Nah, you could even let them wick water up from the drain holes back in to the soil for an hour or so and then drain whatever is left in the runoff container.

Had the lights far away, moved them a little closer seeing that my temps are staying around 81 at plant level, whats safe? 85ish?

I'd aim for no higher than what you're at if possible...

That's a good sign...

Sounds good...what about the pH of the runoff? I don't know much about ppm so I can't say anything regarding that.
Cant test the runoff with the ph drops, digital ph meter will be on the way tomorrow.

Most excellent...my plant smells like it's in early flowering even though it's still got another two weeks of veg left! Odor scrubbers will be a must this time around.

I haven't done any HST but I do love me some LST...that's all I'll say on that. If you're only going for that many clones figure you may want to cut twice as many figuring a 50% success ratio...I forget if you've done it before.

No, i have never cloned before, so 30% success rate? Its something i want to learn this time around along with hydroponics.

Nah, you could even let them wick water up from the drain holes back in to the soil for an hour or so and then drain whatever is left in the runoff container.

I'd aim for no higher than what you're at if possible...

Still 81 after moving my lights, and my RH is up to 30% now!

Going to get the ph meter and a humidifier or a fogger tomorrow.

Oh yea, lowes stocked all the garden supplies! New soil! Or, new diy bubbler, decisions decisions

Some people seem to have few problems with clones, other people it seems to be a nightmare...I'm a bit nervous about mine as I've never done it before either and I'd hate to have cut that growth off my plant and not get anything in return (ok, experience is good...I admit lol). I just prefer to err on the side of "caution". I only took four because I didn't want to cut the mother any more and I was hoping for at least a 25% success rate (one ha!) but if I get more I'll be even happier.

Decisions are fun, almost my favorite part of any project...

Damn! Momdukes is putting my babies to shame!

My suggestion? Start over with the runts. New seeds.... No nutes till 3rd set of leaves...

maybe keep the healthiest few though! This will serve a dual purpose. A) You'll have new plants and B) You'll stop looking at the depressing runts!

Back
Top Bottom