Mah Medical Grow

Got a couple pics and updates.

Mystery plant continues to flower - shown here at 33 days.

3-16-10_-_Mystery.jpg

The Short Stuff #1 is happily flowering away. About 11" now. The other short stuffs around it are showing promise and they begin to stretch out a little.

3-16-10_-_SS-1.jpg

And the Big Buddha Cheese is doing well at 20 days in. I like it when my plants are happy and green.

3-16-10_-_Cheese.jpg

Also - took about 18g off that Thai Tanic Herm. Tasty - very different taste and smell - but yummy. I't's in a jar and aging well.

Short Stuff #1 first one is finishing out. Saw a couple amber trichs. Will post some pics later.
They're kinda fun but not much yield-wise, unless you have an acre of them.

OK - Here ya go

Here'sthe SS#1 in the pot. Was growing 1/2" a day for a little while, and then just stopped and about 11". Then it just started inflating. The calyxes just puffed right up. It's a very glossy plant.

3-23-10-SS1_Pot-2.JPG

And a little closer ...

3-23-10-SS1_Top-2.JPG

And just a bit closer ...

3-23-10-SS1_Top.JPG

Here's a pic of the Mystery plant. Still doing great at 6 weeks and starting to get some nice orange hairs. We'll just have to see how this one produces.

Pinched it at around 2' - this is the right bud. The left one is about the same size - the top part is about 6" long.

3-23-10-Myst.JPG

This is a little down the stem of the left side. These cute little pine-cone nuggets are about 2" tall. You can see where I bent the stem a couple times. The buds never even slowed down. The one on the right was growing out of a node on the "bottom" of the stem but has curled right around to reach for the light. They just get fatter every day.

3-23-10-cone.jpg

Maybe 2 more weeks, maybe longer. Hard to tell with a mystery strain. Last feeding was last night - water from here on out. The oldest shade leaves are yellowing and some have fallen off.

And a little closer ...

3-23-10-myst-2.JPG

Here's a close-up of the right bud.

3-23-10-Myst-3.JPG

Should be a decent producer, not a lot, but enough. The clone I took from it will be just about the right size to replace it in the flower room.

That's all for this update.

Got 3 of those Superoots Air Pots - 2 gallon. Just sounds like it's worth a try. Put my mystery plant clone in it last night. No shock - grew another half-inch. Pictures in a little while.

Dammit!! Hermie Again!!
The mystery plant hermied out on me - one banana the first day - 7 the next - and since it seemed to be exhibiting a slightly different growth pattern at the tips, I decided to yank it and start it drying. Not sure what kind of yield to expect but should be OK - they only had a week or so left and the trichs were cloudy - no real amber tho. At least it waited pretty long before turning so I should get a half-way decent bad o' bud outta it.

Cheese has another 3 weeks to bud and it is doing excellent. Cheese-2 is a week or so behind it and also doing quite well. Won't have replacements for them for another 2-3 weeks or so since I'm letting them get 24" before they go in the flower room.

My best clone is from the Hermie. and is just over a foot tall, and growing 1/2"-1" per day. I'm gonna treat it with Dutch Masters Reverse when I put it in the flower room, and follow up in 10 days with another dose. Since this plant already has hermie tendencies, it should be a worthwhile experiment.

I have been a little remiss in my posting so I think I will conclude this journal and begin another one.
The short stuff autoflowers were pretty disappointing though tasty. 5 plants for approx 20g of bud. The Cheese plants were a little better at 49g and 65g.

The Dutch Masters Reverse seems to have worked well in preventing hermies. Plants yielded around 2 oz. each.

The Superoots air pots are excellent! Plants grow very fast and do well through flowering - 2 gal pot for a mature plant - no signs of being root-bound but a massive root ball. The only problem with them is that they dry out pretty fast and often need to be watered every day during warmer weather (the basement gets up to around 80 so far when 90 outside). Still speedy growth and nice budding action.

I have a dozen plants growing outdoors and I will probly start a journal for them. It was quite a pain trying to get 12 plants going good in the veg room with everything else going too. I'll post a few pics in my next journal.

As I bring this journal to a close and reflect on the past 9 months, I have learned a helluva lot and have some great plants going now. I learned first how to abuse my plants, then how to fix them, then how to help them thrive.
I made a cloner and figured out how it all works.
I have learned to hate spider mites, the damn things. It is almost impossible to actually get rid of them. I have tried a lot of different things but none seem to work well and they keep coming back.

I'll close with my next plant to harvest;

My Motavation is at 9 weeks and about done and will most likely be my biggest yield so far. I expect 3-4 oz. out of it. The budz are fat and smell a lot like turpentine - though in a good way.

Here's a pic at 6 weeks

Motavation2-6-9-10.JPG

(Taken June 17, 2010)
Motavation.jpg

This has been a long strange trip but a lot of fun. Since my daughter moved out last year, the old house gets lonely once in a while, but I have 2 cats and the girls to keep me company. They all require a lot of attention which I give freely.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by to check out my trials and tribulations.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom