Marijuana Mystery Tour

ledtester

I was taught by one of the best.
This is one of his grows.
A couple of us friends are MMJ growers and have grown the same strains (AMS and WW) for a while now. All results pretty even as we are following what you would call a proven method of getting good results. The person responsible for our knowledge had not done anything other then help others in awhile and also had just recently moved into a new place earlier this year. He wasn't planning on growing there but things always change and decided to start last month.
Now keep in mind we all use the same strains , lights ,nutes and methods of growing only this time with his grow the plants have just exploded with fast growth. Now our first clues are that up untli now we have been using RC in hydrotron filled pots. He decided to try Rockwool Cubes on top of Rockwool slabs. Our other clue. Like I mentioned already he wasn't planning on growing so even though he had the water checked for consumption he never checked it for growing.
According to him he gets all set up, fills his rez and goes to check his PH 6.8. Which is kind of low but no big deal. Goes to check the EC for mixing nutes and it reads 1.59. WTF! Takes it over to the tap, same thing. Starts cleaning the meter, and calibrates it. Checks again, same thing...WTF is going on he thinks and calls a neighbor aquaintance a couple of doors down and goes over and tests his water and it was like .96 or something.
He doesn't know what to do and decides to try it out on a few clones.....

Check out what happens next and come along as we try to solve a mystery!

Our Subjects

AMS and White Widow clones from Fem. seeds by Green House Seeds

101_1693.JPG

101_1689.JPG

The Mystery...How they turn into theses right quick with no minipulation of the plant!

100_17511.jpg

101_1708.JPG

100_17521.jpg

Three weeks of flowering.

101_1712.JPG

101_1711.JPG

To be continued...

Some helpful things you need to start...An old school 1000 watt HPS light and Hood

101_1703.JPG

Being held up by a simple rope though a couple of hooks for easy moving up or down.

101_1724.JPG

$90 Ballasts.

How to build your own ballast for under $100

50 gallon rez with sheets of styrofoam insulation underneath.

101_1685.jpg

4 x 8 flood and drain table with a sheet of insulation under it.

101_1684.jpg

101_1728.JPG

Quick connects for all your lines!

101_1698.JPG

101_17231.JPG

101_1696.JPG

101_1731.JPG

to be continued....

thats some crazy bud growth for 3 weeks of flowering. i could be wrong but the plants from the pics seen to have some kind of problem with them? seems theirs some discolored leaves? hard to tell with the hps light though. but the buds seem to be stacking either way. some weired shit right their. once thing i caught is u said his PH is kinda low at 6.8, but i think that might be a typo? or dose he run his ph higher then 6.8?

thats some crazy bud growth for 3 weeks of flowering. i could be wrong but the plants from the pics seen to have some kind of problem with them? seems theirs some discolored leaves? hard to tell with the hps light though. but the buds seem to be stacking either way. some weired shit right their. once thing i caught is u said his PH is kinda low at 6.8, but i think that might be a typo? or dose he run his ph higher then 6.8?

water ph is usually well over 7 around here but his is 6.8. he runs the rez's at 5.5 for veg and 5.8 for flower. has to use almost 100 ml of 85% phosphoric acid to get the 50 gal rez down that far. he's decided the water is being tested next week for it's contents.

water ph is usually well over 7 around here but his is 6.8. he runs the rez's at 5.5 for veg and 5.8 for flower. has to use almost 100 ml of 85% phosphoric acid to get the 50 gal rez down that far. he's decided the water is being tested next week for it's contents.

oh got you tap water is 6.8. that is kinda low for tap. mine is also around 7.0 from tap

He started with 9 slabs on a table figuring he would veg for a couple of weeks and then turn them but by the end he had to scramble and remove four slabs and ended with five and even that is pushing it. That's why this demo he's starting with the the 5 slabs under the one light in anticipation of them covering the full 4x8 table.

101_1703.JPG

000_0021.jpg

i have found in the past that a 100w hps is perfect for a 4x4 tray. any more and i would add another light. but flowering 4x4 is ideal for a 1k IMO.

i9 am about to pick me up a new reflector for my 1k its made by sunlight suplies its called the Block Buster. and i am about to pick up a digi ballast by lumatek. the one where u can use a 600w,750w or 1000w hps. ill use the 600w for veging and the 1k for flowering. my old ballast just makes too much heat for the summer time and that humming nosies bugs me. but that block buster looks real sweet. 25"x25" nice air cooled.

i have found in the past that a 100w hps is perfect for a 4x4 tray. any more and i would add another light. but flowering 4x4 is ideal for a 1k IMO.

i9 am about to pick me up a new reflector for my 1k its made by sunlight suplies its called the Block Buster. and i am about to pick up a digi ballast by lumatek. the one where u can use a 600w,750w or 1000w hps. ill use the 600w for veging and the 1k for flowering. my old ballast just makes too much heat for the summer time and that humming nosies bugs me. but that block buster looks real sweet. 25"x25" nice air cooled.

if you have an old school ballast they are easy to place the ballast in another room to cut down on heat. I'm not familiar with your situation though. we have through testing way better results using a vertical bulb and parabolic reflector. so we tend not to use the newer cooled bulbs.

if you have an old school ballast they are easy to place the ballast in another room to cut down on heat. I'm not familiar with your situation though. we have through testing way better results using a vertical bulb and parabolic reflector. so we tend not to use the newer cooled bulbs.

i am all about the vertical bulbs but it just get too hot where i am and it dosent work in the summer heat, only in the winter it works great. i cant run the ballast out side of the room because of the stealth issues. my room is noise proof so no one can hear anything when in my house. everything is light proof. plus with the digi ballast i can save some money by switching to a 600w for veg then just twist dial to 1000w to flower in. allot less heat less noise more lumes and faster start ups.

i am all about the vertical bulbs but it just get too hot where i am and it dosent work in the summer heat, only in the winter it works great. i cant run the ballast out side of the room because of the stealth issues. my room is noise proof so no one can hear anything when in my house. everything is light proof. plus with the digi ballast i can save some money by switching to a 600w for veg then just twist dial to 1000w to flower in. allot less heat less noise more lumes and faster start ups.

I was hoping you would post up more pics earlier but tomorrows cool for a better angle and look bro...you no what might work is that light augmented with a 400w mh. they are not as hot as the bigger hids. check out how close these girls are to this one. and you can use either light to veg great and flip them both on to flower. Really doesn't make much difference I guess. I think this combo might be cool enough in the summer to run a fan to keep cool

100_1749.jpg

100_1746.jpg

ya ill post more better pics tomarrow. i was thinking of using a 400w with my 600w leds but to be honest if i am going to run that much watts i rather just fire up the 1k hps and deal with the heat with bigger fans. i might just run a 600w hps in the summer time if the leds dont work out for me and a 1k hps in the winter time when its cold as hell. idk ill see how this led light works out for me then make up my mind

That's a very nice grow going on there! I cant wait for the first time I can cure/smoke my own stuff. Gonna be very Zen like for sure!

Hey TS I was checking out your grow and I hate giving advice...LOL...but here goes....you need to airate you soil but as you've seen dont do it now. they are far too small . First wait until the 2l bottle become a bit more root bound. then transplant with soil with some perlite or vermiculite or better soil mix all together. if you dont have ec and ph meters you wont be able to control what your doing...the other things for now I think others have mentioned. start clones and seedlings in domes and don't feed for the first week or so especially in soil.back off on the lights until you get some established growth and watch the cfl they are a bit warm to the plants.

Back
Top Bottom