Marijuana's Legitimacy As Medicine Heads To Federal Court

Truth Seeker

Is marijuana medicine?

That's the question before a federal court this week as medical cannabis advocates celebrate a 10-year journey to overturn the government's classification of pot as an outlaw drug worse than cocaine.

A challenge to a Drug Enforcement Administration denial of a petition to reschedule marijuana as a medically legit drug has made its way to the U.S. Court of Appeals in Washington D.C:

The court recently agreed to take on Americans for Safe Access v. Drug Enforcement Administration. Oral arguments start Oct. 16.

In 2002 the DEA denied the Coalition for Rescheduling Cannabis' petition to have marijuana reduced from a Schedule I outlaw drug with no possible legit use to Schedule II, which consists of drugs that have some medical legitimacy and can be essentially administered by by doctors.

Joe Elford, chief counsel with Americans for Safe Access, rejoiced:
Medical marijuana patients are finally getting their day in court. This is a rare opportunity for patients to confront politically motivated decision-making with scientific evidence of marijuana's medical efficacy. What's at stake in this case is nothing less than our country's scientific integrity and the imminent needs of millions of patients.

ASA cites a recent study published in The Open Neurology Journal that concludes marijuana's Schedule I classification is "not tenable" and that it is "not accurate that cannabis has no medical value, or that information on safety is lacking."

Close_Up_Flower1.jpg

News Hawk- TruthSeekr420 420 MAGAZINE
Source: laweekly.com
Author: Dennis Romero
Website: Marijuana's Legitimacy as Medicine Heads to Federal Court - Los Angeles News - The Informer

Lets go MMJ!!! LETs GO!!!! (clap clap) Lets go MMJ, LETS GO (clap clap) !!!!

I really hope that the Gmen get humiliated with there BS scare tactics they have been reciting for years without proof!!! Just as we have to prove our evidence, which we do...they should have to do the same!!! And when they dig in there files for proof that MMJ is bad and pull out nothing....case closed !!! :)

i'll be praying to the god of every religion on earth to make this thing go the right way,and cannabis get to go on sched 2 then we will see in the next 10 years all the things that it will cure, just watch it will be like all these studies results will finally appear on scene they have been waiting to reveal, i see ppl every day that function BETTER on cannabis than not on it, i myself can attest to the fact that im a bit of a jerk not medicated, i have a sharp tongue and uber cynical,im unfocused and unproductive, i smoke 2 hits of any variety and its like i grew a heart i care about ppl i dont want to hurt their feelings, i can get lots done and can absorb new knowledge, and i really just started using it in the last year, as medicine i titirate dosage avoid getting over medicated where before i just ripped thru any i had getting as much in me as possible from time to time, of course i was a kid then and it was many years ago
so with all this personal experience, to me and everyone i know it is medicine without question or equal, its about time it can get to all the ppl that need it that are afraid to use it for fear of the man taking their freedom away(well even more of it), so they go without wondering or worse yet knowing there is a substance that can improve there life ,but not having it for the worst possible reason ,fear.

Back
Top Bottom