Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I've ready enjoy the mars pro so far but can't speak about the duolux sorry. I believe that the pro should compete very well with a panel of the same wattage with less up front cost

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Definitely I really think nothing can compare to the cob leds Though. I really wish mars would make some cobs

:circle-of-love:hi,farmthekush,
i think it can work and you can have a try.:thumb:For the smell,if it doesn't smell bad outside, it will be fine.Please keep us updated.:cheer:

hey guys do you think i can do what this guy did to the 320 epistar?

DirtyDanny's 600 Watt LED Grow - Page 7

and run it over with a vent on closed system with cold air coming from the outside and going out? won't that make a smell problem?

hi,farmthekush
Actually,5w LED just produces a little bit more heat than 3W LED, but it will not be a big problem for the temperature .:circle-of-love:You can try out the method of DirtyDanny:cheer::high-five::high-five::high-five::high-five:

I actually wanted to get something stronger that will fit my tents.. but apparently its an overkill for grow tents .. that's my conculsion on the 320.. just runs too hot .. even on 30% 40% still creates heat that is coming down stright on the plants.

I heard its because of the 5w leds they are warmer comparing to 3w which run cooler. but still havn't tested it myself.

cheers

hi esinous,:circle-of-love:
:bravo:thanks for your help:cheer::cheer::cheer::thumb:
I have my pro epi 160 in my 2x4 closet . I have a 440 cfm inline fan exhausting the heat into the attic . I use a speed controller and I have the fan at about 30% and my temps are 73f
ef80dec8c19f44e1390a69dcaf9fea45.jpg

Sent from my SM-P600 using 420

hi farmthekush,:circle-of-love:
:cheer:I hope you will find a good solution for your girls:high-five:. Looking foward to your good news.:high-five::high-five:

I think I also have 440 cfm .. not sure if i have a lower cfm in the smaller tent... probably not..
do you think not having speed controller for the fan makes big difference?

my heat problem only occurs during lights on and its over 30 or 40 %.

im really clueless.. still havn't raised lights but today maybe i'll have time to do it and i'll report back.

Does anyone know what the par value is for the pro epistar 160.
Or how many umols it puts out and at what distance from the canopy .

:circle-of-love:
I'm also wondering why:battingeyelashes:
If you run your 320 at 50% then you are basically running my panel . Your panel is just like 2 of mine .

Hi arellanobrian:circle-of-love:
thanks for supporting us.:cheer:Your girls looks very pretty and they are happy with the the light:bravo::bravo::bravo::bravo:
A few pics of my dark dragon plants under Mars Pro Epistar 160 LED and Reflector 144x5 :Namaste: i just switched the ladys under the pro series light to flower and am simulating a sunrise and sunset with the remote, i love the light and cant wait to experiment more with the features

IMG_256814.JPG
IMG_256917.JPG
IMG_257219.JPG
IMG_257315.JPG
IMG_257418.JPG
IMG_257515.JPG
IMG_257614.JPG
IMG_257915.JPG
IMG_258419.JPG
IMG_258118.JPG
IMG_258220.JPG

I use the same hangers as on the Mars Hydro link here > mars yoyo

In North America we call that type of hanger a ratchet hanger as it has a ratchet action , click , click.

Yoyo hangers as We know them have a internal string held in by spring tension to self adjust when the weight is lifted , much like a Yoyo.

I posted this as a suggestion to change the description , not a complaint :thumb:

:circle-of-love:thanks for your help :thumb::thumb::high-five:
Everyone has different needs and you can get a at with the lights 10 inches away but you will cut down on your coverage. I keep mine at 12-18 inches with great results

I've ready enjoy the mars pro so far but can't speak about the duolux sorry. I believe that the pro should compete very well with a panel of the same wattage with less up front cost

What's up everyone ??!?! .
I have the mars pro epi 160 and was wondering if anyone knows
How umols it puts out and at what distances from the canopy ???
The more research I do into led panels the more questions I have ,I guess I should've asked this before making a purchase
I like my pro series so far but am curious about umols???

Sara I figured you would be able to answer this question !!

Hi ljacve,:circle-of-love:
Our recommend hanging distance from canopy:flower: is 12-18 inches above the canopy of plants. Our advice is just for reference,not suitable for all of the plants.:cheer:But you can have a try for 10'' , if your plants not react good,you can change the hanging distance. :high-five:
Im using Mars Hidro reflector 96x5w and im in the 6 week of flowering.Just yesterday i did put my light 10" from my canopy and now i wonder woud that be a problem because its not recomented?Thanks

Poslano sa mog SM-A300FU koristeći 420

hi,Stoney Roads,:circle-of-love:
Mars pro series is better designed and built-up than our other series. If you choose Mars ProII, your gilrs will love them more:cheer::cheer:
I am getting ready to get another led I am going back and forth between the Mars pro 2 cree or the Duolux 600.

Back
Top Bottom