Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:circle-of-love:Hitucker,you can check our new series,Mars Pro(II) ,with different design,it's with better built-up.:high-five:
What people and what high rate of failure are you talking about? Based on...how many pages are we up to? The hand-full of complaints seemed to be satisfied by Mars. And, you ask a manufacturer to give you statistics about their failures leads me to believe you are possibly consuming too much of what your grow or are perhaps the type of individual that is never satisfied.

:circle-of-love:Recently, we asked some customer to send their light back to us to analysis, and found some is the lens problems, some is sulfur problem.:high-five:
I mean sulphur is one of the reason which can cause the light damage,for light we used the copper wire,the sulfur will corrode the metal.So we suggest grower do not use sulpur,by this way can avoid melt metal.:Namaste:
We control the defective rate under 3"° of the thousands of lights we sold out every month,:Namaste:We had lens problems before,that because our supplier changed the material without notify us,so we changed our supplier immediately,and we are keeping upgrade our tech.:high-five:
If our customer got any problem with our light,we have international repair center,we will try our best to help them.:Namaste:
Sorry Sara but I don't think you answered the question as requested.
How does one use sulfur to damage lights? I dont even know how that can happen so how can I avoid it?

You also didn't mention about the moisture issues you previously stated. If these are meant for a growing room then they must be able to take humidity in the air. Obviously you can't pour water over it but you are being very vague in your descriptions on how these issues occur and how to avoid them.

Searching other threads of different LED manufacturers I don't see their units having as many failures as Mars Hydro lights. Can you explain this please?

:circle-of-love:Everyone can talk freely here,i'm sure tucker didn't mean it.:Namaste:
Everyone just want to figure the question they got here.:high-five:
wow I guess forums are not discussion boards after all.

didn't realize I was not free to speak here as an owner of a fine working mars II product.

it's a freaking discussion. can you even understand what that means? anyone can join in but without personal flaming. because.....yes that's right, IT'S NOT PERSONAL.

if you don't like having a discussion, don't join it. if you have something constructive to add, by all means hop in and have fun.

as to your personal attacks on me, tucker99, I will not even bother with it.

thanks

Please do not worry, we have return and warranty policy,you can check on our offical website::high-five:
led grow lights-return policy
led grow lights-Mars Hydro Premium Warranty
Thousands of cusomter bought our lights every month,if you got any problem,we have international repair center and warehouse.
People don't like having to ship items back for warranty. This means they are unable to grow in this time and if it happens during a grow it can ruin everything.
Consumers want a unit that has a low level of failures and can trust will last a fair amount of time.

How does one use sulfur to damage lights? I dont even know how that can happen so how can I avoid it?

Err... Don't purchase, install, and use a sulfur burner, lol? If you don't, you do not have to worry about this issue.

Growers use them to combat issues such as powdery mildew. They are usually used in - and sized for - greenhouse grows, but I have seen them in journals here before indoors.

The effect it can have on electronics/etc. in a (semi-)closed environment is roughly similar to what running an "unvented" kerosene heater indoors can/does do.

Could you maybe tell us how many hours your lights should run for on average? I've noticed lots of people getting less than 10,000 hours from them and yet I notice many other brands garuntee about 100,000 hours. Especially those that use Cree or Epiatar parts

the problem here is that the answers do not instill confidence in the end users.

people don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something just because "when it fails, we can fix it, or you can fix it yourself". "but don't fix it until you call us".

the problem here is that the answers do not instill confidence in the end users.

people don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on something just because "when it fails, we can fix it, or you can fix it yourself". "but don't fix it until you call us".
100%!!

Err... Don't purchase, install, and use a sulfur burner, lol? If you don't, you do not have to worry about this issue.

Growers use them to combat issues such as powdery mildew. They are usually used in - and sized for - greenhouse grows, but I have seen them in journals here before indoors.

The effect it can have on electronics/etc. in a (semi-)closed environment is roughly similar to what running an "unvented" kerosene heater indoors can/does do.

Thanks for the explanation. I've never seen or heard of someone using a sulfur burner so did not know how sulfur issue could occur.
Seems like it would be a rare issue to come accross seeing as it is rarely found in indoor grow setups.

Seeing as most people in this forum having issues are experiencing burnt out diodes it would be good to know what the majority of the time is causing it. Other manufacturers who don't have so many failures say it is due to higher quality parts being used

:circle-of-love:We tested our light can be used at 90% humidity,and usually grower need 50%-70% humidity at their growing space.When they used sulfur fumigation plant to insect repellent will produce Sulfur dioxide,sulfurous acid dissolved in moisture to form corrosive metal gradually,so we suggest grow avoid use sulfur in their growing room for the lights safety:Namaste:
We join this forum in 20013,we are here to help our customers to solve their problems,so it's normal that you will read more failures than praise in this thread.:Namaste:
:circle-of-love:You bought a Mars300 light for 106.25AUD.Actually it costs us more than the price we sell,due to that we can only offer 1year warranty.We need pay many charges,such as :delivery fee,custom clearance,warehouse charges,stuff,parts...We didn't make any money on this model.:Namaste:
:Namaste:Your light already out of warranty,you need to pay the delivery fee to/from the repair center,also the repair.But we agreed to cover the repair fee for you,and you only need to pay the deliver fee,this is the best thing we can do for you.Hope you can understand.:high-five:

You also didn't mention about the moisture issues you previously stated. If these are meant for a growing room then they must be able to take humidity in the air. Obviously you can't pour water over it but you are being very vague in your descriptions on how these issues occur and how to avoid them.

Searching other threads of different LED manufacturers I don't see their units having as many failures as Mars Hydro lights. Can you explain this please?

:circle-of-love:I also hope that there will be no any problem since customer bought a light,:Namaste:we will try our best to help with them.And we are keeping upgrade our tech,you can check on our Mars Pro(II),it's with better built-up.:high-five:
People don't like having to ship items back for warranty. This means they are unable to grow in this time and if it happens during a grow it can ruin everything.
Consumers want a unit that has a low level of failures and can trust will last a fair amount of time.

:circle-of-love:I understand your feeling,no one wants to get a goods which will fail someday,we are trying our best to help with that.That's why we set-up international repair center,so that we can help our clients as soon as possible.:high-five:

Hey gang, here's a photo update of my plants, which are approaching harvest under Mars LEDs. This is my second round with these lights, and I'm extremely happy with how things are looking quality-wise. 2 monster plants (1x Kosher Tangie, 1 x Tangilope) that were vegged for 12 weeks. 6.5' x 3' SCROG under 3 x MarsII 900's and 2 x Reflector 48's. Ebb and flow hydro.

Today is day 59 of flower, I'm 2 days into the flush.......the Kosher Tangie will likely go another week, the Tangilope will be another 10 days or so. The resin production is impressive on both plants, but is absolutely off the charts on the Kosher Tangie. Pictures don't do it justice, but this might be the frostiest plant that I've grown to date. Plants still loving these lights, and so am I. The countdown begins to harvest day! :yummy:

IMG_176326.jpg
IMG_176425.jpg
IMG_176529.JPG
IMG_176722.jpg
IMG_176826.jpg
IMG_176928.jpg
IMG_177023.jpg
IMG_177130.jpg

We use Epistar for our light,and for Mars Pro(II),we use new tech Epistar and Cree ,you can choose.We are a big client of Epistar and Cree.:high-five:
This week,the engineer of Osram came to our company ,they want to cooperate with us.:cheer:
Could you maybe tell us how many hours your lights should run for on average? I've noticed lots of people getting less than 10,000 hours from them and yet I notice many other brands garuntee about 100,000 hours. Especially those that use Cree or Epiatar parts

We use 5w Epistar for our light,and for Mars Pro(II),we use 5w Epistar and Cree ,you can choose.We are a big client of Epistar and Cree.:high-five:
This week,the engineer of Osram came to our company ,they want to cooperate with us.:cheer:
Yes I can read that on the website. I was requesting what the average useage hours are for you units please.
I know you use cree and epistar but you seem to get more failures than other companies that use the same cree and epiatar parts.

Could anyone recommend a distance I should place my 400w mars 2 from my seedlings I feel as though my lights aren't at the right height they are growing leaves slowly and aren't stretching stems at all really.

Well,some of our customer got this kind of problem,and they sent their light to test,the result shows that it caused by the sulphur.:Namaste:And our customer also told us that they used sulphur in their growing room.
Actually,the lens tech can not catch up with the chips needs,it cause the lens goes black,but we having upgraded the lens tech:Namaste:
:Namaste:We are now selling Mars PRO is because according to our previous install the lens, due to the special spectrum cause darkening lens, now EPISTAR to help us solve this problem, they intall the leds in Taiwan without lens, so that our Mars Pro will not have this problem,and our new design is better mixing REFLECTOR spectrum, but also to export 100% LUMEN:high-five:
Thanks for the explanation. I've never seen or heard of someone using a sulfur burner so did not know how sulfur issue could occur.
Seems like it would be a rare issue to come accross seeing as it is rarely found in indoor grow setups.

Seeing as most people in this forum having issues are experiencing burnt out diodes it would be good to know what the majority of the time is causing it. Other manufacturers who don't have so many failures say it is due to higher quality parts being used

Usually it's about 3 years,if you protect it well,some customer used for 4 years or longer.:high-five:
Yes I can read that on the website. I was requesting what the average useage hours are for you units please.
I know you use cree and epistar but you seem to get more failures than other companies that use the same cree and epiatar parts.

Back
Top Bottom