Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

it's like this if in a month mars sell say 15,000 lights in a month just for example and the competitor is selling say 5,000. If it's an average of 3% of complaints mars would get 450 complaints while the competitor would get 150. Mars is probably the highest selling light on this forum so here we would hear the most complaints say even 50 complaints are voiced directly in this thread or on this site now as the competitors are getting voiced around 20 on here if that... It's just a numbers game, and in fairness I think the mars team is handling the quantity of lights and complaints very very well. From what I see people sometimes go off the handle on them as well like go completely bananas. I've seen people go bat shit crazy because a few diodes go out after 6 months of use, which can happen with any led from any company. Even in the midst of the person going nuts the team is still there calm and collective, while the person is saying there light replaced and they want free lights and extra light to replace damages and blah blah blah. To be honest with ya, some of the things people say I'd want to tell them to F**K OFF if it was me but they still try to help.
* I say hats off to you Sara and the rest of the team for putting up with people going crazy the way you do:bravo::bravo:

:circle-of-love:Thanks.We will do better.:high-five:
We develop and produce by our own team and factory,we sell big quantity every month.As we are big a client for Epistar and Cree,so we can get good price which other company can not get.It can save the costs a lot,and we always try to provide the lowest to our customers.:Namaste:
I do understand that Sara which is why I still see Mars Hydro as a reputable business. Plus your service on here is very good and better than many others.

It would be nice to get some transparency regarding the parts you use and how they differ from competitors. Explaining exactly how you can sell a similar product for less than half the price of competitors means you do something different to them. I'd like to know what this difference is as I can't see how you can sell the same quality product for less than half the price of competitors but still claim the same equivalent high quality.

:high-five:Thanks for your advice, i am only trying to explain our company more clearly,but forgot that i repeat it many times,and didn't explain the main point well.I will try to avoid it later.:high-five:
hey sara,

just an idea for you here. but you gotta stop repeating the company line. it just infuriates people. it doesn't help to sell your lights at all. everyone on this thread knows that mars has good lights. I said good, not great for a reason. because, like anything bought from the bargain bin, there will be problems.

so just accept that, and assume that all of the adults here will need to do the same.

please don't feel the need to respond to every negative comment (mine included) because it just looks like you end up back peddling. the majority of the people in here, use your lights already, or want to.

address the complaints yes. but the negativity, there is no sensible reason to get into it and repeat the same things over and over.

just trying to help you out here. I do like the light, not sure if I like it a lot yet though. only time will tell. if it lasts. ROFLMFAO :circle-of-love:

have fun eh

:circle-of-love:Thanks for your help :Namaste:You are so kind to us.:thanks:
Yeah,Mars II 1200 have 4 IR,they are not visible,need glasses.:thumb:
Well the reason you hear about more complaint on here is well because mars sell more lights here for the actual number of clients compared to the number of complaints is probably around 3%. Plus not to many people would go threw the trouble of making an account and signing up to tell you the light is working fine but they will signup faster than a fat chasing an ice cream truck if anything messes up.

*side note I'm pretty sure the 1200w has 4 ir diodes they are not visible to the naked eye if you have those fancy led glasses you can check for sure I know my 400w has 2 that are ir.

:goodjob: Thanks for your understanding.:thanks:
How do you think about our new model,Mars Pro II series? Mars Pro
Mars_Pro_II.jpg

it's like this if in a month mars sell say 15,000 lights in a month just for example and the competitor is selling say 5,000. If it's an average of 3% of complaints mars would get 450 complaints while the competitor would get 150. Mars is probably the highest selling light on this forum so here we would hear the most complaints say even 50 complaints are voiced directly in this thread or on this site now as the competitors are getting voiced around 20 on here if that... It's just a numbers game, and in fairness I think the mars team is handling the quantity of lights and complaints very very well. From what I see people sometimes go off the handle on them as well like go completely bananas. I've seen people go bat shit crazy because a few diodes go out after 6 months of use, which can happen with any led from any company. Even in the midst of the person going nuts the team is still there calm and collective, while the person is saying there light replaced and they want free lights and extra light to replace damages and blah blah blah. To be honest with ya, some of the things people say I'd want to tell them to F**K OFF if it was me but they still try to help.
* I say hats off to you Sara and the rest of the team for putting up with people going crazy the way you do:bravo::bravo:

doood, it's called magic!!! get with the program. lmao
Lol indeed it may be!
Well the reason you hear about more complaint on here is well because mars sell more lights here for the actual number of clients compared to the number of complaints is probably around 3%. Plus not to many people would go threw the trouble of making an account and signing up to tell you the light is working fine but they will signup faster than a fat chasing an ice cream truck if anything messes up.

*side note I'm pretty sure the 1200w has 4 ir diodes they are not visible to the naked eye if you have those fancy led glasses you can check for sure I know my 400w has 2 that are ir.
That's a very good point, people rarely compliment but are quick to complain. I just see other businesses explaining their pricing and justifying why they are set at the price they're at and would like to know how mars hydro can sell at prices that competitors would make a loss on. The only way to do this normally is by using cheaper, lower quality parts.

Lol indeed it may be!

That's a very good point, people rarely compliment but are quick to complain. I just see other businesses explaining their pricing and justifying why they are set at the price they're at and would like to know how mars hydro can sell at prices that competitors would make a loss on. The only way to do this normally is by using cheaper, lower quality parts.
They are all up pricing the lights I can get a simple Apollo light cheap cheap from a few companies in china here they're plus of $300+ for a small one. Same lights same people making them but costs twice as much because it was in there hand/warehouse.

hey sara,

just an idea for you here. but you gotta stop repeating the company line. it just infuriates people. it doesn't help to sell your lights at all. everyone on this thread knows that mars has good lights. I said good, not great for a reason. because, like anything bought from the bargain bin, there will be problems.

so just accept that, and assume that all of the adults here will need to do the same.

please don't feel the need to respond to every negative comment (mine included) because it just looks like you end up back peddling. the majority of the people in here, use your lights already, or want to.

address the complaints yes. but the negativity, there is no sensible reason to get into it and repeat the same things over and over.

just trying to help you out here. I do like the light, not sure if I like it a lot yet though. only time will tell. if it lasts. ROFLMFAO :circle-of-love:

have fun eh
100% correct!! Exactly what I was trying to get at. The normal company line can be read on the website, I want details and proper specs so to compare between competitors.

Sara, I think it would create a lot more trust with customers if you explained how it works. Many poeple get suspicious when finding products at such a lower price than the competition. 9 times out of 10 the reason is due to poor quality parts being used on the cheaper units. Mars Hydro claim this is not the case but don't explain how their prices are so much lower.

Your girls grow bigger now,they got big beautiful leaves.:goodjob:
We need run a long-term business,so we can not use cheap quality material or parts.But we order in big quanity,so the price will not be very high for us.:high-five: We design and produce by oureslves,so we can control the price.:cheer:
Lol indeed it may be!

They are all up pricing the lights I can get a simple Apollo light cheap cheap from a few companies in china here they're plus of $300+ for a small one. Same lights same people making them but costs twice as much because it was in there hand/warehouse.
Its not just everyone putting the price up and Mars Hydro the only one being honest. If they were the competitors would have almost 0 sales and would have been forced to lower prices.

I see other lights selling for similar prices as Mars Hydro but they admit using lower quality parts compared to competitors, which is why you save the cost. Mars Hydro say they dont do this but have the same low price. How can this be?

Again I intend to buy more Mars Hydro products, I would just like some more information if it is possible.I also understand you get what you pay for but I believe in honesty and I believe Mars Hydro to have integrity. So it confuses me on how they can price so low

Sometimes ,some company can not produce by themselves,so they buy from other factory and resell it for a higher price.

I understand that.I will try to explain it better next time.:high-five:Thanks for your advice.:thanks:
100% correct!! Exactly what I was trying to get at. The normal company line can be read on the website, I want details and proper specs so to compare between competitors.

Sara, I think it would create a lot more trust with customers if you explained how it works. Many poeple get suspicious when finding products at such a lower price than the competition. 9 times out of 10 the reason is due to poor quality parts being used on the cheaper units. Mars Hydro claim this is not the case but don't explain how their prices are so much lower.

I find mars is a lot more open with the par/lux readings, wattage, everything really. But again it's about basic build cost ya see if mars orders 1,000,000 diodes they will get a cheaper price than someone ordering 10,000 its all about numbers. Same diodes, sames fans, mars is cheaper because they can be and can afford to be. like buying soil by the 1000L compared to buying in the 20L bags we do it's all mark up/ profit same with shipping mars sends out 1,000+ lights each shipment compared to a company that sends out 1. I got a quote on a light where they wants 47$ shipping from china :rofl: mars sends 1000+ of lights and can consider the shipping cost part of the actual manufacturing prices because of this again it's a basic numbers game. More product less the costs if that makes sense.

I find mars is a lot more open with the par/lux readings, wattage, everything really. But again it's about basic build cost ya see if mars orders 1,000,000 diodes they will get a cheaper price than someone ordering 10,000 its all about numbers. Same diodes, sames fans, mars is cheaper because they can be and can afford to be. like buying soil by the 1000L compared to buying in the 20L bags we do it's all mark up/ profit same with shipping mars sends out 1,000+ lights each shipment compared to a company that sends out 1. I got a quote on a light where they wants 47$ shipping from china :rofl: mars sends 1000+ of lights and can consider the shipping cost part of the actual manufacturing prices because of this again it's a basic numbers game. More product less the costs if that makes sense.

that's why it cost more from other companies it's basically because they put a sticker on it
Yes that's true and another good point. I'm thinking more of the ones that dont resell and do produce their own. Don't want to mention the brands here as they're not all sponsors.
I just find in pretty much every other circumstance, if you find a product selling below half the cost of its competitors its usually because it is not the same quality.
I understand buying in bulk makes a difference but I wouldn't have thought this would be much different from other manufacturers. Maybe in this case it is the deciding factor. I just find its usually a quality factor and due to Sara being so open and helpful I thought it would be worthwhile to investigate

Well,i didn't mean Mars Hydro is the only one being honest,there are also some other company is honest to their customer out there.:Namaste:
:circle-of-love:We do all the works by ourselves:from design to sale.:Namaste:As i mentioned before that we have our own expert teams to do research,develop,design and produce,we do not need to hire designer from other company and find other factory to produce for us.
We are big client for Epistar and Cree,later we will cooperate with OSRAM also,they had visited our factory last month.We can get good price for chips with good quality.:bravo:
Even some company almost have 0 sales and they are forced to lower the price,but their costs is high,so they can only use cheap quality parts to lower the price.:volcano-smiley:
But we do not need to do that and we will not allowed to do that.:Namaste:It's very hard to earn good reputation from every customers,once we used cheap quality parts,we can not survive for a long time.:Namaste:
Its not just everyone putting the price up and Mars Hydro the only one being honest. If they were the competitors would have almost 0 sales and would have been forced to lower prices.

I see other lights selling for similar prices as Mars Hydro but they admit using lower quality parts compared to competitors, which is why you save the cost. Mars Hydro say they dont do this but have the same low price. How can this be?

Again I intend to buy more Mars Hydro products, I would just like some more information if it is possible.I also understand you get what you pay for but I believe in honesty and I believe Mars Hydro to have integrity. So it confuses me on how they can price so low

But if i buy 10,000L of biobizz soil i could probably get it for a third of the retail cost. or in this case say they buy 1,000,000 diodes for like 10 cent each and the competitors pay like 30 cents each for 10,000

:bravo:yeah,that's right.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom