Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Well,i didn't mean Mars Hydro is the only one being honest,there are also some other company is honest to their customer out there.:Namaste:
:circle-of-love:We do all the works by ourselves:from design to sale.:Namaste:As i mentioned before that we have our own expert teams to do research,develop,design and produce,we do not need to hire designer from other company and find other factory to produce for us.
We are big client for Epistar and Cree,later we will cooperate with OSRAM also,they had visited our factory last month.We can get good price for chips with good quality.:bravo:
Even some company almost have 0 sales and they are forced to lower the price,but their costs is high,so they can only use cheap quality parts to lower the price.:volcano-smiley:
But we do not need to do that and we will not allowed to do that.:Namaste:It's very hard to earn good reputation from every customers,once we used cheap quality parts,we can not survive for a long time.:Namaste:

I appreciate your explanationions Sara, you're one of the main reasons I hold Mars Hydro in high regard.
I feel more comfortable now thank you

It will cost them a lot,and they can not control the Production Process and tech.:Namaste:
that's why it cost more from other companies it's basically because they put a sticker on it

But if i buy 10,000L of biobizz soil i could probably get it for a third of the retail cost. or in this case say they buy 1,000,000 diodes for like 10 cent each and the competitors pay like 30 cents each for 10,000
Totally understand that and thanks for your explanations Spart, I really appreciate it. Its the same for almost everything, the more you buy the less you pay. I just didn't think that Mars Hydro could be the only ones selling enough to make their build cost so cheap. There are quite a few very popular brands out there that are held in very high regard but still dont have anything close to Mars Hydro prices. I've not experienced this before when it wasn't due to quality of parts so I was quite confused.

Thanks again :)

Produce and design by our own factory will be a very important factory for the costs,also we ship goods together by container,every month we will arrange some container to our international warehouse,so it will save costs compare ship goods with small quantity.:high-five:The shipping fee and custom clearance will big a big amount.:Namaste:
Yes that's true and another good point. I'm thinking more of the ones that dont resell and do produce their own. Don't want to mention the brands here as they're not all sponsors.
I just find in pretty much every other circumstance, if you find a product selling below half the cost of its competitors its usually because it is not the same quality.
I understand buying in bulk makes a difference but I wouldn't have thought this would be much different from other manufacturers. Maybe in this case it is the deciding factor. I just find its usually a quality factor and due to Sara being so open and helpful I thought it would be worthwhile to investigate

And we buy in big quantity every month,not just several times a year,so we can get the best price for diodes.:cheer: I think that's why both OSRAM and Philips came to visit our factory and want to cooperate with us.:bravo:
But if i buy 10,000L of biobizz soil i could probably get it for a third of the retail cost. or in this case say they buy 1,000,000 diodes for like 10 cent each and the competitors pay like 30 cents each for 10,000

:thanks:I'm just trying to help you understand us better.Only when our customer have doubts,we can know what we need to do.:thanks:
If you need to know anything in the future,please feel free to ask me here.:welcome:
I appreciate your explanationions Sara, you're one of the main reasons I hold Mars Hydro in high regard.
I feel more comfortable now thank you

It's like buying 5 cases of beer from the brewer compared to buy a single beer at the bar. Price per beer at the bar is up to $7 while buying it from the source is $1. Same beer, same quality of beer, but the cost is 7 times as much because they have to pay 100 people before that beer gets to the bar. Another point is no one can tell what one of them 100 people is doing to the beer while they got it in there hand. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Who knows?? :rofl::rofl:
It's getting crowded LOL
2012-07-30-363.jpg

:circle-of-love:
Totally understand that and thanks for your explanations Spart, I really appreciate it. Its the same for almost everything, the more you buy the less you pay. I just didn't think that Mars Hydro could be the only ones selling enough to make their build cost so cheap. There are quite a few very popular brands out there that are held in very high regard but still dont have anything close to Mars Hydro prices. I've not experienced this before when it wasn't due to quality of parts so I was quite confused.

Thanks again :)

:goodjob:They grow much bigger now.I think you need make them a new home ,haha.:cheer:
They look great.:bravo:
It's like buying 5 cases of beer from the brewer compared to buy a single beer at the bar. Price per beer at the bar is up to $7 while buying it from the source is $1. Same beer, same quality of beer, but the cost is 7 times as much because they have to pay 100 people before that beer gets to the bar. Another point is no one can tell what one of them 100 people is doing to the beer while they got it in there hand. SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE. Who knows?? :rofl::rofl:
It's getting crowded LOL
2012-07-30-363.jpg

I think they will be happy to stay together now.I do not stay alone,haha:surf::surf:
No they are staying there don't have another tent. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The next one I get will probably be the same size. One for autos one for photo girls \m/ (^_^) \m/

:surf:Our Mars Pro II Epistar 320 has already arrive in US warehouse, only 20 pcs. Next week we will arrange to sent to you guys. Anyone need can place pre-order now,and can get a free Par38 LED grow light.:cheer:
07_22_pro_II.png

FREE_par.png

wow. glad I rolled over an went to sleep. I was soooo tired last night. I couldn't have kept up to the extra 3 pages lol

simple economics divided by two.

simple is buy low sell high.

divided by two is, buy even lower sell a lot more product so you can keep buying lower, thereby allowing you to sell lower to be able to sell more.

in the end it's all a wash. you have to work that much harder to make the same money as the competition that is selling for a higher price.

your staff needs to be 100% in tune. your purchasing needs to be bang on. overhead gets spread over many more products, cutting costs that way. I've done this stuff. not with electronics, but it's the exact same principal.

make more money with more volume but selling at a lower price.

it is a great business plan. but as I said, everything needs to be spot on for it to work. and that especially includes customer service. it might look to some of us as though there are a lot of complaints, just because of the very high volume of traffic here. but where else do you see it? I don't know because this is the only forum I frequent. I tried a few different ones when I started in on this a few years ago, but I settled with the best. and with the best, comes the worst.

wow I think im still tired.

have fun eh

Well said unforgiven they seem to have it going pretty much bang on or pretty damn close. The minor hick-ups that come their way they seem to address in a professional and mature manner which is more than i can say for some of the off the wall freak outs some people have had in the past. 2 diodes or a power supply goes out they want 6 new lights to replace the one. :loopy::loopy:

It's day time here. I have three rules in life no sleeping during the day and no sleeping in cars.:rollit: and my wife is always right unless she's wrong.:rofl::rofl:

Unforgiven and Spart, thanks for objective perspective on what I presume was another complaint about a problem with lights. (I could read the back posts, but if I start now I'll still be reading hours from now :surf:) Nobody likes even minor problem especially with such a critical piece of equipment. But bottom line is small problems are a risk you take for the price. And the service I received was over-the-top helpful even when I had trouble with my Paypal password at checkout.

Sara, got my Reflector 96's on Monday after tortuous weekend waiting for redelivery because I missed 2 prior attempts. I set up two lights for plants I had to bring inside and I think they love these lights even more than natural sunlight. Lots of new growth in three days and much more compact! Immediate improvement over M-H 600's also, denser growth and darker leaves. Definitely worth the extra money over M-H 600 on Ebay. Can't wait to see what they do for flowering.:thanks::circle-of-love:
20160721_164312.jpg

No it wasn't a complaint about the lights more of a curiosity on prices. Loving the bath tub grow I've been seeing quiet a few bath tub/shower grows lately :p:goodjob:

Actually that's just temporary housing while I'm away. Didn't want to leave 30 plants vulnerable outside even with locked gate. Only took picture because I was impressed with growth when I got back.

actually, it wasn't that either, lol.

I was the culprit this time for kicking it off. not on purpose mind you.

I have 4 led's that are dark. so I was just asking if they were in the locations of the ir leds used.

nunyabiz posted a great pic of the mars II 1200, showing very clearly the locations matched mine perfectly.

so it seemed to me that prob was solved lol.

apparently even mentioning a problem here starts a battle royale. :bravo:

No it wasn't a complaint about the lights more of a curiosity on prices. Loving the bath tub grow I've been seeing quiet a few bath tub/shower grows lately :p:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom