Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hey I don't think anybody really cares to the negative on how a persons grow came out, I also think that a lot of pride should be taken with it being a first grow. Advice can be taken in two ways: if it helps, use it. If you find it rude and critiquing without being constructive, dismiss it. Why are us stoners so touchy with our emotions? Lol

Hey I don't think anybody really cares to the negative on how a persons grow came out, I also think that a lot of pride should be taken with it being a first grow. Advice can be taken in two ways: if it helps, use it. If you find it rude and critiquing without being constructive, dismiss it. Why are us stoners so touchy with our emotions? Lol

very true... im here to help..if i get it wrong shit happens, i hold my hands up...

I've been lurking on this thread for some time now trying to soak up all the helpful info you guys have been giving. Just wanted to give a thumbs up to the great community here ( love the site )

I did have a couple questions on a few things that i'm having trouble nailing down the answers to and was hoping you guys could help me out before making my first purchase at lights.

I wanted to start a RDWC with 2 scrogs in 1 area , and have 2 plants vegging in another.

- is the 5watt leds overkill for a scrog set-up , should I be thinking 3watt since penetration isn't as crucial ?

- if 5watt isn't overkill I was leaning towards a mars II 700 - would a standard marsII set-up flower a scrog or should I be thinking a reflector series with the bloom set-up on the light ?

- and as far a vegging 2 plants to get ready for the scrog / flowering i'm open for suggestions. I'm at a point where I can't make up my mind and I just need some reassurance that i'm heading in the right direction.

scrog area is 4d x 8w x 7h
Veg area is 4d x 4w x 7h

and thanks for any help on this :peace:

I would go with the 5 W for sure for flower, I think it just overall better then the 3W, for veg 3 W be fine I am sure. My rule of thumb is ! x Mars 2 1200 per 4'X4' area. Or more lights of lower wattage.

Hello all,

this is my first post here but I have been lurking around for some time. So, I decided for next grow to go with LEDs and I need some advice. After slowly battling my way thru all 180 pages I'm still in doubt. I have DR90 (that's 3 x 3 in imperial units or 0,9 x 0,9 m) tent and I was looking at Mars2 400 and 700 watt lights. Since 700 watt light uses around 350 watts of energy I figured that would be equal to 400 w HPS and I was just about to order Mars2 700 watt. But I read that some people fancy Mars2 400 watt or Reflector series.

I also read that it is useful to not completely trust manufacturers specs about coverage area for their lights, for example: mars2 700 watt covers 3,5 x3,5 but one should deduct around 1 feet so that would be 2,5 x 2,5.

So my question for those that have roughly the same area and are already using leds: what light to choose 400w or 700w (I'm set on 5w leds)? I'm not trying to over complicate things but I do want to make rational purchase.

P.S.: I've already emailed Sara but would like opinion from fellow forum member.

Thank you so much for all and any help i can get.

Peter

Mars 2 1200 is perfect for 3=4'X4' space, IMO. You can check out my grow to see.

Ordered a 96w3 at 27/2..

I'm sitting like a child waiting it to go from processing to Packaging - Delivered.. :) :)
Let there be business days!

Anyone ordered one to Scandinavia? Also, how much area will it cover in a 60x60cm tent (I'm reeeaaalllyy bad at math/calculation and google doesn't give me a good answer) :hippy:

Hello Sara! :hug:

Yea, that's some distance there alright :)

I hope all goes well, I'm the kind of guy who want want wants when ordering something.. Just like a child wants the candy. :allgood:

Any thoughts of a 60x60x120cm tent for this light? (23x23x47inch)

Great! Thanks for the fast answer. :byebye:

I'm having a hard time choosing what strain I should go for when I get the LED.. There are sooo... many.
Gonna use BioBizz nutes.. start kit + alg, fish. pH +/- from canna, 11L smart pots :cheesygrinsmiley:

Any advice? All the strains make me dizzyy:hippy:

I have a question about getting a damaged light. Sara and the web site says to open the box and don't sign for it if it is damaged. But, I have tried that with other products and the carrier would not let me open the box to see if there was any damage. He was not going to put an opened box back on his truck if I refused to sign. So it was sign and then you can open the box. As a side note as soon as I signed he left and did not wait to see if it was damaged or not. I was lucky and it was not damaged (a different product from a year ago). So cutting to the chase at long last are there any statistics on how many items are damaged in transit? Or has anyone else tried to get the carrier to wait while you inspect the contents? I was just wondering is all. :Namaste:

If the box is damaged you do not sign you rject the shipment and ask for a damaged slip then sara can put in a claim with shipping and the shipper wll have to pay for the damaged light but sara will send you a new one there fast and easy to deal with

Back
Top Bottom