Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I will ask factory to give me an explain first.
Sarah, I just got my 2nd order of the mars 2 400w and there is more blue leds in this unit compared to my other mars 400watter

I like it better with the extra blue....but i am curious.....did topled modify the standard spectrum?....or was my first light you sent the "bloom spectrum".

The extra blue looks like it replaced red diodes. The plants in veg appear to be responding to the increase in blues.

My mars 1200 is kicking major ass. Right along with my hortiluxes so far...

HiDoozy,

thanks for your order, and I have arranged your order to factory. they will ship out your Friday.
Hi Sara,

The order has been placed for 4 x 400w standard spectrum plus 1 x 700w standard spectrum Mars IIs, could you confirm that the order will be sent out today please? I've also sent you a private message with my order number.

Greetings Sara!

I've got a new room that I have just set up and since I live in the southern part of the US I am very concerned with heat during the summer months. I went with CFL lights for that very reason but am wanting to already get a better light source.

The actual area for the plants is roughly 4' x 2' and you can see it here:
140330-IMG_20140330_204905_707_Medium_.jpg

I am thinking that the 96x3w should be plenty big enough for this current set up with giving me a little bit of extra should I want to expand the growing area. Does that sound about right?

Thanks so much for your assistance!

- Mege

Greetings Sara!

I've got a new room that I have just set up and since I live in the southern part of the US I am very concerned with heat during the summer months. I went with CFL lights for that very reason but am wanting to already get a better light source.

I am thinking that the 96x3w should be plenty big enough for this current set up with giving me a little bit of extra should I want to expand the growing area. Does that sound about right?

- Mege

Personally i'd go for 2 x Mars II 400w in that space.

96x3w is for 2x4 feet, if you have a large space, you can order a 144x3w, then you can grow better.
Greetings Sara!

- Mege

2013 New 300W LED Grow Light 9BAND IR Flowering Hydroponic LED Grow Lamp Panel
T2eC16V_UE9s3wCOmbBRYjo6chk_60_57.JPG

We call it Bait and Switch in the states.
Dude, I've owned this same light for three years now. It's a great light. I have no idea why your plants didn't respond to it. However, based on what you have said so far, there are other possible explanations other than it was the light.

I know for sure this light works great for veg and flower. One of my first test with it was against a 400w HPS. Both the same White Widow strain, clones from the same mother. Same room, same everything, just different lights. The 300w that you posted here, which draws, I think 187w stood up to the 400w. The buds didn't look as big, but they were way more dense and more crystals.

I have also used it to grow seedlings, but you have to keep it a good 4 feet away from them. It is a powerful little light. However, it only covers maybe a 2x3 area, so only good for one plant not trained much. Maybe 4-8 tops from topping, so they are close together.

Hey all ;)

I have a question for you...

With the reflector led, could both spectrums be strain specific?
My seedlings were growing all twisted and seemed to be growing new growth slowly..
Yesterday I switched on the bloom spectrum as well and today they look happier, way faster new growth!!

I'm not sure if I should just leave them under full spectrum or just a few days until they are how I want them looking??

I did want the bloom spectrum for that bit extra once 12/12 begins... Just not sure now...

Ozzy, I have found that seedlings really don't need light. Seedlings in nature usually grow under bushes, and grow, fully in pretty dark shade.

If I grow my seedlings in my grow room, I keep them way in the corner, far from the light. Just the illumination of the bright room makes them grow. If they are in a dark place, I only put on 13w cfl bulb for each 2x2 or place my 5 bulb t5 light on low.

Only after they have a decent sized first real laves to I place them closer to the light, and if under cfl or t5, I leave them like that until they have two real sets of leaves, then I turn up the lights, or place them closer to a hps or led.

Heck, my friend keeps his clones and seedlings in the living room not even under the living room lamp, and they thrive well. He places them in a tent once they have two sets of real leaves.

Hey Sara just trying to touch base with you. I haven't heard anything on my lights. any tracking yet? i see people getting lights that ordered after me. I'm jealous lol i need the lights by next Friday if possible. thanks again

Ozzy, I have found that seedlings really don't need light. Seedlings in nature usually grow under bushes, and grow, fully in pretty dark shade.

If I grow my seedlings in my grow room, I keep them way in the corner, far from the light. Just the illumination of the bright room makes them grow. If they are in a dark place, I only put on 13w cfl bulb for each 2x2 or place my 5 bulb t5 light on low.

Only after they have a decent sized first real laves to I place them closer to the light, and if under cfl or t5, I leave them like that until they have two real sets of leaves, then I turn up the lights, or place them closer to a hps or led.

Heck, my friend keeps his clones and seedlings in the living room not even under the living room lamp, and they thrive well. He places them in a tent once they have two sets of real leaves.

I learned this not that long ago when I started a bunch of seedlings in my grow tent and after watering I accidentally forgot to put one back and left it on the shelf. After a week I saw it sitting on the shelf and when I put it back with its seedling mates, it was in better shape than most of the ones in the tent. I guess I just hurt my little guys because I give them too much love. Probably too much light and water as well.

"By seedlings I mean not quite in veg yet"
image9190.jpg

Back
Top Bottom