Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Yes, this time we have put a lot efforts to solve the heat problem of our COB, so it won't generate much heat:high-five:

I did a little test on the COB just before lights went out today. I wanted to measure the temperature, but to my surprise the lamp wasn't hot at all. I could easily touch it, the metal parts did not feel uncomfortable to touch and even the meanwell driver didn't get hot.

Not much heat at all. Very very impressive. This is the coolest lamp I've ever seen :) I just have to get more

Yes, this time we have put a lot efforts to solve the heat problem of our COB, so it won't generate much heat:high-five:

Hahah, it seems that our efforts have get good results:cheer:really really thank you for the feedback:thanks:
Not much heat at all. Very very impressive. This is the coolest lamp I've ever seen :) I just have to get more

Mars Hydro Shopping Festival, only 1 days left

:love:Marshydro shopping festival will end within 4 days,MarsProIIEpistar80 Original price:$174.99USD,now is only $165.99USD.hurry up.
with the coupon code:marshydro,will get another 3% off from our official website.

pro2-80-10001.jpg

Mars Pro II series lights are the most advanced light of our company:cheer: if you have plan to upgrade your setup, hurry up, our shopping festival only one day left, after that all our products will back to original price:welcome:
Gif3.gif

5075.jpg

My norther lights baby. Day 19 under my mars ll 900
Roots seem to be coming along nicely also. Think i need to feed her more though. Ph has been great but im getting brown spots on the bottom leafs. Just gave her a gallon of fresh water with some nutes. Well see how she looks tonight

IMG_20170902_061015256.jpg
IMG_20170902_061031147.jpg
IMG_20170902_061104436.jpg

So I am thinking about getting a mars hydro Cree light and tent kit, what do you think of this one Sara
420-magazine-mobile1350885068.jpg
or am I better off with a epistar light and a new COB light for supplemental lighting

Did you try to give your plant calmag? Calcium and Magnesium deficiencies can happen under led

Roots seem to be coming along nicely also. Think i need to feed her more though. Ph has been great but im getting brown spots on the bottom leafs. Just gave her a gallon of fresh water with some nutes. Well see how she looks tonight

I run general hydroponics trio nutes has everything in it. I just hadn't fed her since sunday. She looked fine ph was good so i left her be. Gave her some food today and she perked up

Today we are half way through week 9 of flower.

Grown with Mars Hydro Reflector 48

I checked trichomes and most are cloudy/milky with the odd Amber here and there. I say it's about 80% milky so I am preparing to harvest.

I was hoping she would fill out a lot more but perhaps this comes down to the 240watt LED liggt I have. If I had more wattage I may have had a higher yield.

420-magazine-mobile1022659221.jpg

Today I shut the lights off for the next 48 hours. Uninterrupted darkness so the plant can kick into defense mode and start producing resin as it thinks its dying. That's the plan anyway :)

Monday she will be cut

I added a humidifier WITHOUT water. The only reason i did this was to bring the temps down below 20 C hoping to add a tint of purple to her. The empty humidifier blows cold air from the fan. So I am hoping the temps are colder to trigger any purple color.

I will reach in for the hydrometer toniggt to check the temp in there.

Anyone wanna make a guess how much she will yield?

420-magazine-mobile2137285108.jpg

container/pot size?

Today we are half way through week 9 of flower.

Grown with Mars Hydro Reflector 48

I checked trichomes and most are cloudy/milky with the odd Amber here and there. I say it's about 80% milky so I am preparing to harvest.

I was hoping she would fill out a lot more but perhaps this comes down to the 240watt LED liggt I have. If I had more wattage I may have had a higher yield.

420-magazine-mobile1022659221.jpg

Today I shut the lights off for the next 48 hours. Uninterrupted darkness so the plant can kick into defense mode and start producing resin as it thinks its dying. That's the plan anyway :)

Monday she will be cut

I added a humidifier WITHOUT water. The only reason i did this was to bring the temps down below 20 C hoping to add a tint of purple to her. The empty humidifier blows cold air from the fan. So I am hoping the temps are colder to trigger any purple color.

I will reach in for the hydrometer toniggt to check the temp in there.

Anyone wanna make a guess how much she will yield?

420-magazine-mobile2137285108.jpg

The reason I'm asking about container size is because there is more limiting factors than the light in a grow. Environment, nutes, container size, media (soil, hydro) and so on. In your case you're growing in soil.

There's an old rule about pot size and yield, as a rule of thumb a beginner can expect:

1 gallon (3,7 liter) container = half ounce (15 g) yield
2 gallon (7,5 liter) container = 1 ounce (28 g) yield
5 gallon (18 liter) container = 2.5 ounce (70 g) yield
7 gallon (26 liter) container = 4 ounce (113 g) yield
10 gallon (37 liter) container = 5-6 ounce (140-170 g) yield
20 gallon (75 liter) container = 10+ ounce (283 g+) yield
100 gallon (378 liter ) container = 50 ounce (1.4 kg)

No matter how much you train the plants, the container size, the environment, the nutes, the strength of light, the strain, your skills and the media you're growing in, will end up deciding the final yield. If everything is optimal one can expect 1 gram per watt on good yielding strains (even more is possible). Most growers end up with around 0.5 grams per watt on average if I don't remember wrong.

My personal results are better than this rule of thumb. But I am far from happy. My biggest limiting factor is the container size of 15 liters (3,9 gallon).

Anyway - Here are the dry weights I got from 8 plants in 15 liter pots. The expected results for me if I were a total beginner would be around 50-70 grams per plant. If container size were not limiting me I could have ended up with 900 grams more than I did. That's something to think about. That's why I'm ditching this system and going over to hydro.

Anyway - here's my results in 15 liter containers - Dry weights - cured to 62% humidity

White Widow #1 60 gramsHarvested one month early due to the plant going hermie. Am trying to grow the plant over again now to see if I can manage to do it without causing it to hermie this time. Think it will yield much more if it gets to go to the end
White Widow #295 gramsClassic White Widow. High potency.
White Widow #370 gramsDisappointing the yield was so low on this plant as it was the most beautiful of them all. This is the plant covered in thick brown pistils. I have never seen a plant this covered in brown. Potency is high. Will try to cross it with Big-Bud #3 Purple pheno and see if we can catch the color and increase yield.
White Widow #4120 gramsVery classic White Widow pheno. High yielder and high potency. Will cross it with Big-Bud #3 Purple pheno and see if we can create a high yielding plant with both the characteristics of these strains.
White Widow #5125 gramsAnother classic White Widow. This is a purple pheno. The highest yielder this round. Will also cross this one with Big-Bud #3 Purple pheno and see if we can create a purple high yielding devil
Bubbleicious #190 gramsNice fat buds and beautiful color. Purple and full of pistils. Very lovely smell.
Bubbleicious #250 gramsVery disappointing plant. Smaller than the others. But very beautiful.
Bubbleicious #390 gramsNice fat buds and beautiful color. Very lovely smell.
TOTAL WEIGHT700 grams

Ok. Then I guess between 70 and 120 grams dry

Ok. Then I guess between 70 and 120 grams dry
That's a kind number sir thank you...i am only guessing an ounce if I'm lucky...1st true harvest so i have no idea how to judge yet...we will see...she has been in the dark uninturrupted for 28 hours now and will remain there in the dark until tomorrow afternoon.

Will keep you posted :)

That's a kind number sir thank you...i am only guessing an ounce if I'm lucky...1st true harvest so i have no idea how to judge yet...we will see...she has been in the dark uninturrupted for 28 hours now and will remain there in the dark until tomorrow afternoon.

Will keep you posted :)

They lose so much weight and size that you want to cry... with that said its hard for me to actually judge the size of the buds in that pic but ill guess 45-65 grams depending if theres popcorn or not (im really not good at guessing myself and thats with a few grows under my belt)

Yeah, The roots look nicely, but I haven't see the brown spots on the bottom leaves:geek:

Back
Top Bottom