Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Allright!

I received my COB today. What a light! It completely blinded me for a moment. It's so damn bright. What I noticed is that the light also has a great spread. It covers much better than the pro series lamps. I am gonna put it up in my main room as a substitute lamp while I fix the 320's

100311.jpg

I can finally answer the question I asked you about a year ago @SmokeSara - I have successfully rooted clones under Mars grow-bars. It took 12 days before fat white roots were sticking out everywhere. By the look of it, the roots have been there for a couple of days already so I would say maybe a total of 10 days to root clones under the bars. Very very pleased with those results. These results were in peat pellets. Also doing a test with rockwool right now to compare rooting time/development etc.

here's my "cloning station"
100211.jpg

And here's a rooted White Widow
100112.jpg

Looks nice . I never had good luck with humidity domes so I personally never use them lol. I just use jiffy pellets in the trays with a couple CFL's up top no dome. I mist the first couple of days but after that I just water the jiffy pellets as needed. Takes 5 days to three weeks depending on the strain and cut.
420-magazine-mobile1196211335.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1953463420.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1180482693.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1742239143.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288449894.jpg

I was blown away at how easy it was when I first did it lol.. before than I had read about needing clone machines and all this other shit like rooting hormones nope... lol just water jiffy pellets and a couple CFLS over the cuts.

The light you got should kickass too.

Looking good :) The question whether or not you could root clones under the Mars bars was asked about a year ago. Before that I tested rooting clones under the pro series. That went well too. I tested it because so many people back then claimed LED was no good for rooting clones. That's obviously not true

Looking good :) The question whether or not you could root clones under the Mars bars was asked about a year ago. Before that I tested rooting clones under the pro series. That went well too. I tested it because so many people back then claimed LED was no good for rooting clones. That's obviously not true

Half of what people say about cloning requirements in general aren't true lol.

Always best to try for yourself and find the best way for yourself . lol I just use the CFL's because I'm on a budget... I don't have enough light for my flower room as it is lol. But the job gets done fine and that's what matters...

I also don't use a humidity dome as mentioned and during the summer I'm all but sure I'd dry them out fast as hell under a stronger LED haha. But during winter it'd help to keep temps in check I'm sure.

Indeed I am. That COB really spreads the light out nice. And I'm thinking it would be perfect as extra side lighting on top of the 320's. Wish I could afford 3 more of them

Do you have any plans to use it by itself in a small grow, in order to see how well it performs at growing/flowering cannabis? Or will it always be a supplemental light in your garden?

I'm guessing it should do well on its own - I just have no idea as to what size space it could adequately handle.

Do you have any plans to use it by itself in a small grow, in order to see how well it performs at growing/flowering cannabis? Or will it always be a supplemental light in your garden?

I'm guessing it should do well on its own - I just have no idea as to what size space it could adequately handle.

From the PAR diagram on their site, @ 18" an area of 18" x 18" would be above 400umol - which seems to be the desired minimum level for good growing. Of course, it's all arguable.

I'm gonna test it properly. Just need to fix my lamps first

@SmokeSara - That COB - How the hell did you manage to make it both so intense and to make it cover such a big area? This one has a much better spread than any lamp I have ever tried. I already want to get more of them. I am gonna save up money and buy 3 more. They would be the perfect addition to the two 320's in the main-room. As side lighting for my coming 32 plant setup. Kinda worried you will sell them out before I manage to save up money.

Ideally I would want 10-14 of these in the main-room, but that's way above my budgets, but 3 more, that sounds possible over time

I sadly don't have anything to measure the light's strength. Even if it covers a huge area, the area with usable light may not be so big. But wow. This tiny lamp cover a bigger area than my 2 320's - apparently

:thanks:wow 32 plants this time....give me some minutes...i will image them now....:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:
Instead of use the U-connector to connect the lights together,you like to hang them seperately,right?:goodjob:
So you mean in your growing room will be:2 Mars Pro II Epistar320+4pcs Mars Pro II Epistar80 suround it,and you will put the grow bar at the bottom? .....this definitely the most powerful room....what size is your main growing room? It's super big,right?:volcano-smiley:
How is the temperature for the grow bar?:Namaste:
Yes I did. I am thinking about perhaps using them as side-light in my main-room after I setup my 32 plant hydroponic system. I have a great plan for the main-room. I want you to imagine two 320's and four 80's over these two tables. Also the Mars bars will most likely be used in this room. So it will be a room with a total pull of 2600 watt of misc Mars-Hydro lamps :) Mostly the pro-series of course. I am not certain yet how to do it. That means I would have to use the spare 320 in the Mars Hydro tent and then I won't have a spare anymore. You know how good it is to have spare lamps because sometimes shit happens.
So I am not 100% certain I will use the 80's in the main room. But it would be cool!

Here's the scetch of the main-room for the next planned grow. Will do the first run in November.

main_room.jpg

xl121.jpg

it's too big room......i am imaging all 32 plants grow up now....it's forest:tokin:
I have no idea how I am supposed to photograph the new room. It will hardly be room left for me to move in there as you see from the graphics I made.

DeVille

But the light intensity is less than 1/3 of one 320 in the center @ 18". And the 320 stays well ahead until 3' from center. The cob pulls ahead in the extremes & the corners. Even a 160 has almost double the intensity with similar better spread until you get out a bit. The cob does win for evenness of light distribution.

big room isn't easy to take the humidity and temperature under control easily....:Namaste:
Our lights Work Temperature:-4°F ~105°F (-20°C ~ 40°C) humidity:=<90% ,just make sure there will not be big temperature difference in your growing room,and no dropping water on your light,then it will not be a big problem:high-five:
Thanks for your support,if you have any opinions about our products,please let me know.:welcome:
It also means another thing Sara - It's going to become even more difficult for me to keep humidity down. I will have to purchase a decent dehumidifier to ensure the lamps don't get damaged. I am very thankful Mars-Hydro is willing to perform these tests for me to see if they can figure out what happened to my lamps. That is really good customer service -Thank you!

Yes, the COB with better coverage,when i first got the Mars hydro COB light,we tested the PAR value in our 120x120x200cm grow tent.When tested for different height,the PAR value under the light will change,but for the same grow tent,with differnt height,the PAR value at the edge of the tent didn't change too much.:bravo:For sure,this COB light with better coverage:bravo:

The COB is small light,but very bright,haha:bravo:I had try to see it before when the light on, you definitely need led grow light glasses. Now the COB already on the way to our international warehouses, only 100 pcs, we accept pre-order now. :cheer:

The clone babies look nice:thumb: 10 days to root clone that's good job:cheer:
Allright!

I received my COB today. What a light! It completely blinded me for a moment. It's so damn bright. What I noticed is that the light also has a great spread. It covers much better than the pro series lamps. I am gonna put it up in my main room as a substitute lamp while I fix the 320's

100311.jpg

I can finally answer the question I asked you about a year ago @SmokeSara - I have successfully rooted clones under Mars grow-bars. It took 12 days before fat white roots were sticking out everywhere. By the look of it, the roots have been there for a couple of days already so I would say maybe a total of 10 days to root clones under the bars. Very very pleased with those results. These results were in peat pellets. Also doing a test with rockwool right now to compare rooting time/development etc.

here's my "cloning station"
100211.jpg

And here's a rooted White Widow
100112.jpg

The babies are cute and look beautiful:yummy:
Looks nice . I never had good luck with humidity domes so I personally never use them lol. I just use jiffy pellets in the trays with a couple CFL's up top no dome. I mist the first couple of days but after that I just water the jiffy pellets as needed. Takes 5 days to three weeks depending on the strain and cut.
420-magazine-mobile1196211335.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1953463420.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1180482693.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1742239143.jpg
420-magazine-mobile288449894.jpg

I was blown away at how easy it was when I first did it lol.. before than I had read about needing clone machines and all this other shit like rooting hormones nope... lol just water jiffy pellets and a couple CFLS over the cuts.

The light you got should kickass too.

Until now sometimes we have customers ask us whether they can use our light to clone their plants, your test results absolutely answered the question. Thanks a million:thanks:

Agreed:high-five: if you don't experience it, you never know what the truth is
Half of what people say about cloning requirements in general aren't true lol.

Always best to try for yourself and find the best way for yourself . lol I just use the CFL's because I'm on a budget... I don't have enough light for my flower room as it is lol. But the job gets done fine and that's what matters...

I also don't use a humidity dome as mentioned and during the summer I'm all but sure I'd dry them out fast as hell under a stronger LED haha. But during winter it'd help to keep temps in check I'm sure.

Back
Top Bottom