Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Haha, thank you for your kindly words:thanks: we made the COB according to our grower friends' suggestions, they know what is good for plants growth, so the COB is really great for plants.:high-five:

Indeed I am. That COB really spreads the light out nice. And I'm thinking it would be perfect as extra side lighting on top of the 320's. Wish I could afford 3 more of them

Hi Sarah and my mars crew peeps I've started a new journal that is a sponsored journal for NukeHeads seeds as you all know i grow with mars in one area and hps and in this journal I will be growing out the NukeHeads strain indoors under mars led and also a bunch of other ways outdoors etc.
I thought you may be interested as one of the features of the journal will be how the NukeHeads perform under mars led.

Deville the cob looks awesome man and mars crew everyone's plants are looking nice and terpy!

The coverage of our COB is 2.5'x2.5', it should good for micro grow:hmmmm: but need further test.:Namaste:
Deville what do you think?

Do you have any plans to use it by itself in a small grow, in order to see how well it performs at growing/flowering cannabis? Or will it always be a supplemental light in your garden?

I'm guessing it should do well on its own - I just have no idea as to what size space it could adequately handle.

Thank you for telling us the good news, and congratulations for the seeds!:cheer: I will come to see your babies later:high-five:

Hi Sarah and my mars crew peeps I've started a new journal that is a sponsored journal for NukeHeads seeds as you all know i grow with mars in one area and hps and in this journal I will be growing out the NukeHeads strain indoors under mars led and also a bunch of other ways outdoors etc.
I thought you may be interested as one of the features of the journal will be how the NukeHeads perform under mars led.

Deville the cob looks awesome man and mars crew everyone's plants are looking nice and terpy!

Yes, when the COB is 18", the par is over 400umol, we got the data when the COB in the 120cmx120cmx200cm grow tent:high-five:

From the PAR diagram on their site, @ 18" an area of 18" x 18" would be above 400umol - which seems to be the desired minimum level for good growing. Of course, it's all arguable.

:cheer:haha,yes,the COB is small light,but can cover big area,max coverage is 4.5'x4.5'.:cheer:no worries,you can make pre-order,we will keep for you.haha:cheer:
But still the Mars Pro II Epistar320 with higher power.:volcano-smiley:
@SmokeSara - That COB - How the hell did you manage to make it both so intense and to make it cover such a big area? This one has a much better spread than any lamp I have ever tried. I already want to get more of them. I am gonna save up money and buy 3 more. They would be the perfect addition to the two 320's in the main-room. As side lighting for my coming 32 plant setup. Kinda worried you will sell them out before I manage to save up money.

Ideally I would want 10-14 of these in the main-room, but that's way above my budgets, but 3 more, that sounds possible over time

The core coverage of the COB is 2.5'x2.5', mix coverage is 4.5'x4.5'. but the Mars Pro II 320 do more powerful than COB:high-five:

QUOTE=DeVille;3617572]I sadly don't have anything to measure the light's strength. Even if it covers a huge area, the area with usable light may not be so big. But wow. This tiny lamp cover a bigger area than my 2 320's - apparently[/QUOTE]

For micro grow, I'm sure the COB for win:thumb:bigger grow area, 320 are great

DeVille

But the light intensity is less than 1/3 of one 320 in the center @ 18". And the 320 stays well ahead until 3' from center. The cob pulls ahead in the extremes & the corners. Even a 160 has almost double the intensity with similar better spread until you get out a bit. The cob does win for evenness of light distribution.

I would love to Sara, but I won't have enough money for more gear until November. I think the 100 lights will be sold out by then.

:cheer:haha,yes,the COB is small light,but can cover big area,max coverage is 4.5'x4.5'.:cheer:no worries,you can make pre-order,we will keep for you.haha:cheer:
But still the Mars Pro II Epistar320 with higher power.:volcano-smiley:

Damn. I looked on the Mars-Hydro webpage. Do you really have only 6 lamps left to sell in USA now? That went fast!

I did a little test on the COB just before lights went out today. I wanted to measure the temperature, but to my surprise the lamp wasn't hot at all. I could easily touch it, the metal parts did not feel uncomfortable to touch and even the meanwell driver didn't get hot.

Dear all Mars-hydro customer:
As we want to make sure our growers to know Mars-hydro news in time,:Namaste: so we will send emails to our customer every month.But our company have rules: we can not send multiple emails to our customers every month.
So if you received multipe emails from our colleague,you can block that email address,or you can inform us here ,we will tell our colleague.
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.:high-five:

The COB won't available for US until mid Sept. and the other countries until end of Sept. so hope have COB left for you by then.:Namaste:

I would love to Sara, but I won't have enough money for more gear until November. I think the 100 lights will be sold out by then.

If you sell them out, you'll make more of them - right?

The COB won't available for US until mid Sept. and the other countries until end of Sept. so hope have COB left for you by then.:Namaste:

@SmokeSara - I was wondering if you perhaps would consider to include a IR diode in the COB lamps.

I am not 100% certain. I did not have gear to test this with, but I have this feeling that IR helps induce flowering faster. I feel I see pistils earlier after I started using the pro series which has IR. Think I will actually do an experiment later and check this. Since I now have a light without IR, I can compare

No, our tech had placed COB test orders on our website, so the stock is not true.

Damn. I looked on the Mars-Hydro webpage. Do you really have only 6 lamps left to sell in USA now? That went fast!

If our customers needed, we might will make more, we don't want to make our customers disappointed.:high-five:

If you sell them out, you'll make more of them - right?

:circle-of-love:As the COB CREE is full spectrum,which already include IR ,so we didn't add extra IR diodes. You can do comparison growing.Looking forward to your work.
@SmokeSara - I was wondering if you perhaps would consider to include a IR diode in the COB lamps.

I am not 100% certain. I did not have gear to test this with, but I have this feeling that IR helps induce flowering faster. I feel I see pistils earlier after I started using the pro series which has IR. Think I will actually do an experiment later and check this. Since I now have a light without IR, I can compare

Back
Top Bottom