Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I know I sure am stoned on herb grown under my Top Led lights...:passitleft:...and from what I can tell somebodies out of meds..... I love my Top Led lights and would shout it from the mountain top. I have no idea what their spectrum is but I darn sure know it grows some excellent meds...:yahoo:.... Have a wonderful holiday folks......:circle-of-love:

That moment when you put all your new stuff together and realize you should have got a smaller grow tent lol. Good thing I'm moving in 3 weeks.

Dennise, any suggestion for the amount of CFL's I should add with my 300w old style? I was thinking 2-3 23w. ;3

Well from experience, I'll tell you it's a waste of a good flowers. It stresses the Sh*t out of your flowers and you get C or D grade bud, the one advantage is it speeds up the flower process but not with a compromisable outcome.

just wondering what is waste of good flower?

Jon705 was the ex-420member (his journales are full of all the info )that used the area51 lights and talked topled into the spectrum that Area51 custom made for him. He has topled's right next to his area 51's.

So..... on a side note from all the lingo these fat cats are throwing around, I cant even order a frekin LED because Paypal and Germany hate eachother.. My 2 autos are like dude you promised us 400W of LED and you're offering 160W CFL???(The fu#k?) Should have waited before I planted my €100 seeds =(

Well shit I just ordered 1- 900W MarsII and two- 700W MArs II for my grows. I got them off you through Ebay though. Guess I shoulda looked here first Doh! Tell them to send me good gift with them lol. I know they are though you also because of the city they are shipping from and the Ebay seller is you!

That moment when you put all your new stuff together and realize you should have got a smaller grow tent lol. Good thing I'm moving in 3 weeks.

Dennise, any suggestion for the amount of CFL's I should add with my 300w old style? I was thinking 2-3 23w. ;3

I think you will be fine with 3 cfl's 23w for side lighting and making sure all your plants are covered so long as you don't try and grow 10 girls at once under the light. How many girls and which light do you have?.....:circle-of-love:

hello... can someone plz recommend me for the best led grow light at the moment ? my field is 3'x3' so i assume a 180W is the type of led i need...
something i cant understand is what to choose!!! you have the JoyHydroGrow leds from ebay at 100$+- and on the other hand the BlackDOG led which are 600$+- ... can someonr plz recomend me for the best led at the moment at the price of 400$+-?? thank you...

The best I have found for the money is most certainly TopLed. Sara who is their representative here on the site should be back on this evening. She is in China so it will be Monday there and I don't think they celebrate the holiday we are having here in the USA so I am sure she will be able to help you out and get you the best light for your grow. If you would like to see what Top Led is capable of doing you are welcome to check out my journal through the link in my signature.....:circle-of-love:

youre probably talking about the MARS II series... the only problem i have with this kind of led is that i dont understand why are all the leds together and not divided into 4 cells like this led :
P Series Blackstar Apollo LED Grow Lights.
It seems better and more efficient this way in terms of coverage field and effective angles... or am i wrong ?
ill be glad for an explanation about the differnce between this two lights

also i forgot to mention that i am looking for a FULL spectrum led for both GROWING & FLOWERING

I have both the 3w reflector LEDs and the 5w Mars II. I also have 1 on the lights similar to what you are referring to with the 4 separate areas but I won't name them here on Sara's sight but as you can see in my journal I have no trouble with the angle of the Top Led lights. Both the 3w reflector series and the Mars II are full spectrum and will veg and bloom your plants very well IMO....:circle-of-love:

i dont understand why are all the leds together and not divided into 4 cells like this led :

That's the common Cidly design. You'll see it used by a few companies. The modular nature makes it easy to replace components. Those are also 3w with reflectors and more comparble to TopLED's reflector series. (That company's use of the name BlackStar is confusing because Lighthouse Hydro makes a Blackstar series that aren't based upon Cidly's housing. But, they do make a "Chrome" series which appears to use Cidly.).

The downside to Cidly's modular design is that there are a limited number of bulb (spectrum) configurations that can be employed. For example, there seems to be a growing shift toward white light. With a single panel, 1 white LED could be placed in the center. Or, better yet, a cool and warm white LED could be finessed into the middle area. Cidly's repeating pattern of 15 LEDs forces you into 4 whites (or 8 if you wanted cool and warm).

I agree with you that smaller is better. I personally believe 4 smaller Mars IIs would be better (in a 4x4 tent), provide more diffused lighting (and height adjustment) than one large fixture. But, even that would allow for more spectral choice than the 15-LED modules.

There may be some improvement in store for the Cidly design. Grow Northern (who uses Cidly) is employing a new "rebel" module which uses 28 LEDs per module. I don't know how this is going to work out. It may be a huge improvement, or just trying to fix the limitations of 15-LED groups without fixing the root cause of that limitation. Doubling the number of LEDs in the same space seems like it would come with a negative consequence. But, I've read GN is powering them lower (which should cause the components to last longer. But... with the way technology changes, longer life may not be too useful. But, GN has offered upgrades to its customers which is primarily possible due to that Cidly/modular design. But.... so many factors to weigh!).

I think you will be fine with 3 cfl's 23w for side lighting and making sure all your plants are covered so long as you don't try and grow 10 girls at once under the light. How many girls and which light do you have?.....:circle-of-love:

I have 100x3w led grow light and 3 CFL 23w in 4x2x4. I pretty much plan on doing only autoflowers and 3 at a time in 2 gallon air pots.

I have everything I need but the rest of my damn air pots. I can't believe I'm stuck waiting on the pots after I ordered everything, even my beans got here first and they came from out of the country! Should have never did free shipping :oops:

have a nice grow!:high-five:
I have both the 3w reflector LEDs and the 5w Mars II. I also have 1 on the lights similar to what you are referring to with the 4 separate areas but I won't name them here on Sara's sight but as you can see in my journal I have no trouble with the angle of the Top Led lights. Both the 3w reflector series and the Mars II are full spectrum and will veg and bloom your plants very well IMO....:circle-of-love:

Hi, Levidan. u can email me. and i will try my best to help u.:high-five::circle-of-love:
hello... can someone plz recommend me for the best led grow light at the moment ? my field is 3'x3' so i assume a 180W is the type of led i need...
something i cant understand is what to choose!!! you have the JoyHydroGrow leds from ebay at 100$+- and on the other hand the BlackDOG led which are 600$+- ... can someonr plz recomend me for the best led at the moment at the price of 400$+-?? thank you...

hello,guys! our discount activity will finished, there only have 5 days last.:cheesygrinsmiley: when the time finished, our light price will back to normal! please place the order ASAP.:love::love:

I agree you have a right to your opinion Sir but I have a almost 300 page journal that will show you just what awesome bud you can grow under a good LED light. I happen to be smoking it right now and would put it up against any I have smoked in the last 40 years grown inside or out and Sara's lights are certainly not a waste of good flower. I would have to guess that you had some issues but I assure you good bud is grown every day under these lights and I have the bud to prove it.... I love my Top Led Lights and I'm a real person......:circle-of-love:

HELLO ALL!! I want order the mars 1200 but don't know i should get the flower spectrum or the full. I already have the full spectrum mars 1200. Anyone here has use the flower spectrum mars 1200 and had better result then the full spectrum?

HELLO ALL!! I want order the mars 1200 but don't know i should get the flower spectrum or the full. I already have the full spectrum mars 1200. Anyone here has use the flower spectrum mars 1200 and had better result then the full spectrum?

i have 4 1200w flower spectrum and my plants are loving them. This is my first grow so i dont have much to compare. I had a purple wreck donated to me that was vegged under 1000w hps. ill try and post pics today

Back
Top Bottom