Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Here's a couple plants I have chilin under my Mars II 1200...they work...
IMG_60862.JPG
IMG_60852.JPG
IMG_6088.JPG
IMG_60821.JPG
IMG_60812.JPG
IMG_60802.JPG

:peacetwo::bigtoke::peacetwo:

OO and i have had some people tell me the MARS 2 has terrible penetration, does not seem to be that case with Curso's plants.

I think they just had bad grow.

I agree. I have no penetration issues really. These lights can get pretty close I am somewhere between 10-13" from the tops depending on the strain. Less is always more in your area too. I had to learn it the hard way too. I learned that fewer bigger plants do these lights more justice than trying to cram your area. Lowering the light helps loads too. I played with it until I found the sweet spot to light all my plants and low enough for the intense light.

Second Curso, I have my light height at 9". (Very nice plants, looking lush :high-five:)

Just out of curiosty, is P.H down bought from a pet store the same stuff as P.H down bought from the local hydro store?

:Namaste:

OO and i have had some people tell me the MARS 2 has terrible penetration,

By definition, a light without reflectors will have more diffusion and less penetration. That doesn't mean it's "terrible." But, a tradeoff.

Here is a comparison Advanced did between their Diamond 3w (with reflector) and a Mars II 5w (without reflector):

DS 200 LED Grow Light vs TopLED MARS II 400

The parts showing coverage at different distances, and uMol is interesting. You can have the Mars closer to the plant which could be an important factor for someone with limited vertical space. But, the uMol is higher for the Advanced even when the Mars is closer.

The comparison was done by Advanced. It looks objective. For example, the Mars runs cooler at < 50% max wattage (compared to the Advanced running at > 50%).

az2000, Honestly I am not so sure about the results of that test, i have a DS 200 and a Mars II, but it 1200, and the results they got does not make sense from what I see with both.

I am always skeptical of ANYTHING these LED manufacturers post on their websites, particularly those with higher price points.

Hello Dusty,

the 100x3w will veg the same. they have same spectrum ratio.
Sara ive got a question. I've been veging with 96*3w reflector doing fantastic job, but im gonna be moving it into flower tent and was wandering if the 100*3w will veg the same or should I get another reflector.
Peace,love,and cannabis.
Thanks, dusty.

yes, we are out of stock in UK now, so all the products need to be shipped from China, and we promise do discreet shipment and mark lower value.
It be about a week then as i know that they aint got any in the uk. Thats still not to bad. Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom