Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

thanks for your sharing Curso, it is great as always.:)
Here ya go 2 1200's ...

IMG_63483.JPG

:peace::Namaste::peacetwo:

haha, I am always very happy when you say I am a great lady:)))) :high-five: thank you very much Gardenfaerie.
Here are my two Top LED Panel lights. The grow closet is never hotter than 83 or so. One time it did, but I had my CFLs on in there.

I love my lights and plan to buy more. Sarah is a sweetheart, and not one bad thing to say.

topled11.jpg

ig71.jpg

agree,small one flexible and cover all area better. but bigger light can provide stronger power , means higher penetration :)
I'm gonna use mine as supplemental greenhouse lighting so I can run crops all year long , the 400's are attractive to me as the smaller over head footprint , flexibility to aim multiples anywhere with ease ,
My thinking is with the multiple 400's if there ever is a failure loosing one is not a major hit in total light on the plants & the pocket book , ( while the TOPled warranty is three years , any failure is a hit on current production even if it's fixed ) more units means a lesser % of any such loss on a single 400 over a 1600 large single unit I'd much rather spread out the risks a bad unit with multiples , If you get my drift :geek:

ok, I think someone else will have the same question, I would like to explain again.

Our light is available for 85~265V,so you can use lights under the right voltage, and it will work. Usually, we put 110V/120V power cord for US clients. if you want to use under 240V, you need to change your power cord to 240V , then you can use.
Hello Sara I see the Mars II 1600 has a 240V draw listing on your website. Before I put 240 Volt cords on these I just wanted to check with you and make sure I am not going to destroy the lights. Thanks!

wow, I hope that was my plant:) it is really very great. thank you very much Co Finest:)
Three 144x3 over one plant
20140817_225225.jpg
20140817_225306.jpg
20140817_225330.jpg
20140817_225345.jpg

Mars1600 over one plant
20140817_225504.jpg
20140817_225520.jpg
20140817_225556.jpg
20140817_225747.jpg
20140817_225618.jpg
20140817_225649.jpg

Thank you Phlipper, I will try to change it if I can.
One more thing:
Wouldn't be good to change the name of this thred fom "Top LED Grow Light Discount" to "Top LED Grow Light ... Discussion" or something else?

ok, I think I need to explain why we use that fan. I talked with our engineer. here is what he told me " We are using double bearing fans.CFM is 77.1. so it is a bit loud. but we have to use that fan to solve the temperature problem. we can not use the computer fan. I were told that computer fans is using oil bearing . we can not use that one, because the inner temperature of light is higher than 60degree,the oil will be dry then the fan will be broken. that is why we can not use that one and we can only use the one we install in our light. U can use computer fan to replace ours yourself, but the lifespan is only 0.5 or 1year, we give three years warranty. we have to promise the light can work three year without problem . I hope it is clear now:)
You are what is great about America Eddie....rugged individualism....can do attitude.....you see a problem....you take action and get r done....ahhh 'Merica

I forgot one sentence:) engineer said computer fan is not good for industrial application.
ok, I think I need to explain why we use that fan. I talked with our engineer. here is what he told me " We are using double bearing fans.CFM is 77.1. so it is a bit loud. but we have to use that fan to solve the temperature problem. we can not use the computer fan. I were told that computer fans is using oil bearing . we can not use that one, because the inner temperature of light is higher than 60degree,the oil will be dry then the fan will be broken. that is why we can not use that one and we can only use the one we install in our light. U can use computer fan to replace ours yourself, but the lifespan is only 0.5 or 1year, we give three years warranty. we have to promise the light can work three year without problem . I hope it is clear now:)

Well the light has arrived and everybody is happy. SEE :bravo:

thanks Sara and all those people, known and unknown that helped me make my decision of which light to get.

Will keep you posted as how things go.

Simple Cabinet for a simple life.
MG_0921.jpg

thanks Sara and all those people, known and unknown that helped me make my decision of which light to get.

MG_0921.jpg
That's A SweeeeeTT set-up for a apartment grow
I see a Veg LED from TopLED in your future over them CFL's :)

I finally am able to post here. For some reason, I was not able to post, only read the posts. Have made a few purchases of Mars 11 LED's from Top light and Sara. Have 4 of the 1200's going on some 4x4 tables that have been vegging for 30 days. Just flipped them to 12/12 and will see what they will do. I can tell you so they have vegged very nicely. Have the lights at 28-32" above the canopy and have had zero problems.

Have done all the tests with a Kill a watt on the power draw, the KWH vrs a 1000 electronic ballast with a raptor hood. In my area, the power costs are outrages, and it's just very hard to justify growing without some type of LED.

Longtime HPS grower with lots of experience here. I was drawn to LED for the very reasons most people are, reduction in power costs, and reduction is cooling costs. Have done about a year's worth of research on the subject, and the LED lights available just kept getting better and better. So anyway here I am.

I have to add....as far as customer service from Sara, I would rate it a 10/10, excellent communication and shipping times. Have two orders and both came quickly. My hope is the lights perform as expected in flower, and the yields and quality are similar or better to my 1000 HPS. In my tests the Mars 1200 uses about 40% less power than a electronic 1000 HPS ballast, which is considerable.

Woow, nice set up. hope u will enjoy it. have a happy grow. :circle-of-love:

MG_0921.jpg

Hi, Weeddaddy. :welcome: i'm very glad u and your plants like our light. :love: if u can share your grow in there, i will appreciate it. and hope u have a nice harvest!:love:
I finally am able to post here. For some reason, I was not able to post, only read the posts. Have made a few purchases of Mars 11 LED's from Top light and Sara. Have 4 of the 1200's going on some 4x4 tables that have been vegging for 30 days. Just flipped them to 12/12 and will see what they will do. I can tell you so they have vegged very nicely. Have the lights at 28-32" above the canopy and have had zero problems.

Have done all the tests with a Kill a watt on the power draw, the KWH vrs a 1000 electronic ballast with a raptor hood. In my area, the power costs are outrages, and it's just very hard to justify growing without some type of LED.

Longtime HPS grower with lots of experience here. I was drawn to LED for the very reasons most people are, reduction in power costs, and reduction is cooling costs. Have done about a year's worth of research on the subject, and the LED lights available just kept getting better and better. So anyway here I am.

Back
Top Bottom