Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Awesome to read that, any of you have an idea of how many grams can I get only with the 700w and only with tue 900w? That is important to me. And also, what do think about using mirrors inside the indoor to reflect the light :3?

mirors are very very bad reflectors ... even if in our mind it is suppose to be good. dont use mirors it make hot spots and is it not good at all, use mylar or black/white plastic sheets. a normal white wall is a good reflector too.

if you are good .... maybe 150-250g for 700w .... maybe 200-350g for 900W ... maybe more

Awesome to read that, any of you have an idea of how many grams can I get only with the 700w and only with tue 900w? That is important to me. And also, what do think about using mirrors inside the indoor to reflect the light :3?

lol that sounds right to me, I take photography and we use white panels to reflect light. Totally forgot to think that it will be the same here. That sounds awesome, 150grams can last 3 month to me :).

THANKS!

I have six of the 144x3, one 192x3, one mars 1600, one mars 700, one mars sun200 and one old model ufo. I have had all the reflectors and mars in veg 18 hours for many months and flowered to many times to count. I have the 1600,700 and one 144x3 in veg mode at 18 hours on right now if you have seen my main flower room you would see them in veg mode. No problems here.I will not bring up all my other led lights on this page so don't ask, Respect :passitleft:
Forgot to add, On this lights gram thing going on lol I have one plant that does over a LB with only 500 wall watts every time I flower it. and others that only do 6-8 oz so strains and plant growing skills can throw them numbers all over the place. :Namaste:

:circle-of-love: Morning Fiete:circle-of-love:
The draw power of 2pcs 300w is more than 1pcs Reflector96x3w.:cheesygrinsmiley: It's more fair to compare two things at the same level.:hookah:
The coverage of Reflector 96x3w is 4.4'x2.2' at the height of 2'. During flower, that area does need more watt. :Namaste:
The spectrum is tested by the professionals and proved good by our customers. Someone doesn't like it. It's OK. It's too mean to want all the love, lol. :Namaste:
Good Morning :)

I really cant belive the Reflector 96x3Watt Beats 2x300 Watt (600 Watt total) true Watt 250 and the Reflector have 170 Watt ore 180... Yea the Switch Mode is Cool but i can use 1x300 Watt old Modell for vege and both in Flower Mode...

You say all the Time better Quality but newer what realy the better Quality is??? The Hanging Kitt is not an argument it is easy to Change... The Watt Chips looking to me the same Epster?

Edit:

Sarah says: the Reflector are for 9 square foot i dont think this is enough in that large space! I will say this space need 400 true Watts so Mars2 1200 ore 2x400 Mars 2....

But idont look for big space 80x80x160cm is my next tent so and I cant Buy 2 Reflector 96x3Watt for 300€ so Mars2 ore 2x300 old Modell ore maybe Hps 250 Watt

Edit 2

How good is the Spectrum from the MarsHydro LED? Someone told me the Spectrum is not good but i See here good results....

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
the spectrum is perfect ... just enought red to blue and white .... others led lights may have too much red like the blackstar. you cant have a better spectrum in my mind.

go for 2X300W NEW old model fiete .... you will be satisfied and you will have great flexibility. good luck lol

:circle-of-love: I will have a try. I have a SLR camera but seldom uses it.:Namaste:
Well of course white light is gonna appear green if you first white balance against red and blue :p

:circle-of-love:
That's a fallacy oinnk, when using white balance to correct a picture if it is done properly you will gain the exact colour reproduction that is necessary to print anywhere in the world using the same ICC profile for the exact same output. If white is looking green, then you have not done your work properly.

:circle-of-love:wow, thank you tonydavis, they sell a lot. I will contact them. Maybe they will be interested to be our representative. :cheer:
I recommend them for Eastern Europe wholesale partner. They are in Czech Republic, but understand English for sure...
Growshop Growshop - Growgo

:circle-of-love:thank you, Kriaze, I will show the pictures to our engineer, to check whether the color is wrong. :Namaste:
Hello Sara, as per your request I have uploaded some pictures of the reflector LED's whilst they are turned off. I will go and take some of the Mars II 1600w shortly but these are here in the meantime. Thanks very much for your help :)

IMGP0684150716.jpg
IMGP0683150716.jpg

I'll be back shortly to update with the Mars II 1600w pictures, all the best :thumb:

Hey DarksideofMike, I'll go over there and answer you shortly but I'd like to get these pictures up here first :thumb:

Hey Sara, these are the pictures from the Mars II 1600w:

IMGP0688150716.jpg
IMGP0690150716.jpg
IMGP0689150716rs.jpg

I hope these pictures help, all the best :thumb:

:thumb: this is supposed to be the right color. Red is red, not orange red, blue is blue, not dark blue and white is white, a little warm.:circle-of-love:
this pic is from your grow journal and it was the first pics you took .... the leds are clearly warm white here ..... so they changed to green?

DSC1840rs.jpg

I'll need to check which picture that is and see whether it was colour corrected or even just a phone camera shot. I'll be back shortly with an answer. If it was colour corrected then yes, they have since turned green. If not, then it was purely because I was taking a snapshot. Either way they are now green, and it's plain for anyone to see :thumb:

Thanks for the EXIF info of the previous Shot. Kriaze, could you share me the EXIF info of the latest shot. I will try to shot one with the specification. :Namaste: It will be perfect with the white balance data. :circle-of-love:
OK so as I've explained on my first journal's thread, those primary pictures were taken with a Sony A7II, no white balancing and at ISO 1600. They were literally quick snapshots for my own journal. Here is the EXIF info regarding that shot:

ExposureTime : 1/8000Sec
FNumber : F4.5
ExposureProgram : Aperture Priority
ISOSpeedRatings : 1600
Unknown (8830)3,1 : 2
Unknown (8832)4,1 : 1600
ExifVersion : 0230
DateTimeOriginal : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
DateTimeDigitized : 2015:04:11 11:09:28
ShutterSpeedValue : 1/8000Sec
ApertureValue : F4.5
BrightnessValue : EV6.4
ExposureBiasValue : EV-0.7
MaxApertureValue : F1.8
MeteringMode : Spot
LightSource : Shade
Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)
FocalLength : 55.00(mm)
ColorSpace : Uncalibrated
ExifImageWidth : 4134
ExifImageHeight : 2756
FocalPlaneXResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneYResolution : 54894834/32768
FocalPlaneResolutionUnit : Centimeter
FileSource : DSC
SceneType : A directly photographed image
CustomRendered : Normal process
ExposureMode : Auto
WhiteBalance : Manual
DigitalZoomRatio : 16/16
FocalLength(35mm) : 55(mm)
SceneCaptureType : Standard
Contrast : Normal
Saturation : Normal

One of the easiest ways to tell is to go and have a look at your Reflector, then see which picture better represents the actual colour of the Reflector itself. I'm pretty certain that anyone doing the same will realise that the white balanced and latest pictures are actually the more true to life colours.

So my question still stands, why have I got green LED's in my lights? Thanks in advance Sara, all the best :thumb:

:thumb: nice adice. Then there is no disturble color mixture.
Well, cover up all the rest of the leds with black tape to see the true spectrum of the white leds. There should be 3 x Cool Whites and 3 x Warm Whites on each 48-LED panel.

I have six of the 144x3, one 192x3, one mars 1600, one mars 700, one mars sun200 and one old model ufo. I have had all the reflectors and mars in veg 18 hours for many months and flowered to many times to count. I have the 1600,700 and one 144x3 in veg mode at 18 hours on right now if you have seen my main flower room you would see them in veg mode. No problems here.I will not bring up all my other led lights on this page so don't ask, Respect :passitleft:
Forgot to add, On this lights gram thing going on lol I have one plant that does over a LB with only 500 wall watts every time I flower it. and others that only do 6-8 oz so strains and plant growing skills can throw them numbers all over the place. :Namaste:

what co said is true for sure. there are strains that are notorious for being horrible producers when it comes to weight and others that are advertised as commercial crops for there weight potential so when asking about gram per watt you have to take much more into consideration other then the light like environment, nutrients, grow medium, ect

:circle-of-love: randy, you hit the point. Light propagates in circles, they will blend. Under manual mode, good cameras can be set to show perfectly the color from light mixture. The best way to get the original color is to eliminate other lights' disturbance. :circle-of-love:
I have followed the question of green lights since I too have five per panel on my 144 X 5 while I did not give it a care till Kriaze posted about them I now wonder if it is wrong. So to isolate the led's from any other light around I took a black funnel and put the small end over the offending LED and then the other end around my eye and damn the light is a dirty white so while mine are a off white almost light yellow when viewed alone perhaps yours are also.
Since light does not propagate in a straight line but in circles like a stone thrown in still water the light needs to be isolated from any other source to show its true color our eyes and even cameras see what we want to see just throw a prism into sunlight and we get colors that weren't there before (and as you get older things that aren't there).
If Sara would check with the engineers in the lab with the reflector lights being inset and lights having 90 - 120 degree angle, blending of colors would be vary near the surface of the housing especially with the added bounce of the reflectors themselves. Since we are dealing with primary colors red is red and blue is blue but red and blue is green and washes out the white.

:cheer:Congrats!:cheer: I want some...:drool:The small buds doesn't seem small.:circle-of-love:
just harvested my 2 plants inder the mars 144x5 and some really nice buds for sure, ill post weight when i can

DSCN043510.JPG
DSCN04368.JPG
DSCN04379.JPG
DSCN043413.JPG
DSCN043313.JPG
DSCN04408.JPG
DSCN044210.JPG
DSCN044314.JPG
DSCN04446.JPG
DSCN044510.JPG

small buds
DSCN04509.JPG
DSCN04519.JPG
DSCN045210.JPG
DSCN044911.JPG

Big buds
DSCN045310.JPG
DSCN045411.JPG
DSCN045513.JPG
DSCN045610.JPG

i had alot of problems in this grow and i still think ill pull about 0.33 grams per watt ill post when there dry for sure :Namaste:

:welcome: Hi kustomkolas, MarsII 80x5w will cover 90x90cm at the height of 60cm. Reflector 600w will cover 134x134cm at the height of 60cm. The coverage will be less during flower stage. :Namaste: Reflector 600w will be better.
hello sara, i have a 80x80x160 tent, would you recommend the mars reflector 160x3 or the mars2 80x5 to suit this space?
:thumb:MarsII 700w is a better choice than MarsII 400w during flower.:circle-of-love:
if you want full light power for high yield flowering go for mars2 140X5 (700W) ... 400W will be little short but can be not bad ... 400W is perfect for 60X60

:Namaste::Namaste:
maybe 600w reflector?

:thumb:
yep, 192X3 reflector is perfect too ... the 2 panels consume around 315-340W true watts and this is ideal for that area.

Hi Kriaze, I have checked with the engineer. The engineer has confirmed the location of the green leds are supposed to be the white leds. From the light-off picture, they are also white leds. I also ask the production department. The purchase of green leds are very small, because unless it's for customization, they will not add green leds. And this year, they haven't receive any order for customization of green leds. There is no chance to make mistakes. :circle-of-love: Kriaze, you are very good customer and I have checked your grow journal. They are so great. :thumb: We will not call white black and black white.:Namaste:
I understand what you're saying oinnk. Maybe you're thinking about light bleed causing the colours to meld into a green. I thought about this too until I noticed that in two corners the 'white' LED's are surrounded by red only, which would make them pink at best. I appreciate your input but I've done pretty much everything reasonably possible and more to justify my 'claim', not only to Sara, but also to other members of this public forum. Enough is enough, I would just like a simple honest answer. It's not even as though it's that big a deal having a few greens, I don't like it but I wouldn't be expecting a refund or anything of the sort, I made my choice in purchasing and I'm not going to get petty over a mistake. I'm merely interested in finding out whether I have received some of a faulty batch, and if not I'd just want to wait until the next generation that didn't contain them before I purchased any more of these lights.

One thing is for certain though, I'm a great fan of Mars-Hydro as anyone that has been watching this thread for the past few months will tell you. But I'm not that much of a fan of anyone/anything that I'll start claiming that black is white and so on for them, or even agree that black is white, green is yellow etc when they tell me that is so. I see and speak the truth, and I expect that honesty to be returned in kind. All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom