Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Just for clarification I think the whole "Green LED" thing was just an optical illusion mix up. I don't think anyone actually found green LEDs on there light, they just appear green. My 144x5 looks like it has green LEDs just like everyone else but it's just caused from a mixing of the sprectrums or something and it makes the warm whites look green. I figured this out when I took a puff of my ecig in front of my light, the button on my ecig has a white LED that lights up when you press it, if I'm in front of my light when I press it, the white LED on my ecig appears to be just as "green" as the diodes on the light, when it's actually white. Kinda interesting.

If you focus on the "green" LEDs in the very corners of the fixture, you can see that they are whiter looking than the same type in the middle, probably because of this colour bleed that is being talked about. I noticed this phenomenon last night.

yes Dejohn:cheesygrinsmiley:
Hi Sara. Going to send you an email today to get a quote and thoughts on a couple of lights and tents. I read that you have a canadian warehouse now so I hope I can save a bit on those freight charges applied to every item on the order on the website.

Haha, we have service center in US and UK, no need to worry about that. We will deal with it.:hug:
Dam there's a few out on ur panel. Almost total meltdown lol I think id tackle one or two leds but I'd be nervous doing that many

:ganjamon:thank you, super~ so much happy to know you love them:ganjamon:
I have 2 Mars tents and 3 Mars lights. I am very happy with them. You can see them in my grow journals in my signature. I did a lot of research before buying my tents and lights and I think Mars-Hydro gives you the best bang for your buck. :peace:

Please dont' worry, budnthusiast, we have repair service in UK to help you. I am sorry for this problem. I have already forwarded this info to our engineer. I will contact with you. :Namaste:
Yeah it would definitely be last resort tackling fixing myself. I am however hoping Sara can provide me with, or has someone within the UK to repair the light. I'm not sure what has contributed to such degradation within such a short period of time. I would really like to know to avoid the same happening again.

yes we have, thanks for the help, Alibongo.:Namaste:
Probably just sheer back luck.I'm sure they have a warehouse in southport or some were down south in England. Sara will get u sorted she's cool. Won't get a reply until early to mid morning hours UK tho shel just be waking up now lol

I will try later. thanks, apeshot.:thanks:
If you focus on the "green" LEDs in the very corners of the fixture, you can see that they are whiter looking than the same type in the middle, probably because of this colour bleed that is being talked about. I noticed this phenomenon last night.

Hi I currently have a 130/300w 60×5 mars hydro light. I'm thinking that this is too much for early seedling stages and im after a light specifically for seedlings and early veg stages. Any suggestions on a good light for this as I want to run everything led from start to finish. Ive been looking at the 48×3 reflectors with veg/bloom settings are those still available in the uk? And would those be ok to use very close to seedlings as I will be using a very limited space for early veg? Im hoping that using 3w leds rather than 5w leds means I can get away with being closer. Ive even been looking at the cheap knock off things on eBay (yeah I know) in the hope if low power leds being my answer.

Dudewheres,

I have the same lights. No problem if you have the seedlings in the beginning further away from the light and only put them close to about 35" or so inches (80cm-90cm) when they have at least two real leaves. (After 3-4 days or so). And then gradually closer as the plant matures in the following days. Can't you adjust the light's height? Or set the plants to the side in the very early stages?

Just putting this out there:

Since green light has no effect on the plant...How much more would the additional cost be if the green LED diodes were replaced with diodes that matched the color spectrum output of Metal Halide (4200K) and or High Pressure Sodium(2100K) bulbs?

With the exception of the one guy (?) who actually really SEEMED to have a bunch of green LEDs on his lamps (for reasons unknown), I personally don't know any LEDs that "officially" and purposefully do contain green LEDs.

The lights sold now, the types and different brands I know from tons of researching etc. (sometimes) have addtional whites/ambers 2500k "warm whites" and no actual green LEDs. I really think this is a non-issue blown out of proportion or a mass-hallucination/hysteria :)

Dudewheres,

I have the same lights. No problem if you have the seedlings in the beginning further away from the light and only put them close to about 35" or so inches (80cm-90cm) when they have at least two real leaves. (After 3-4 days or so). And then gradually closer as the plant matures in the following days. Can't you adjust the light's height? Or set the plants to the side in the very early stages?

Thats what im doing at the moment I plan on buying another light to match mine and keeping both of them for permanently flowering. And buying extra lights purely for veg im hoping to use a space only 2 feet tall for seedlings but so I could not place the light very far away. If there is no other option but to have the light say 5 feet away I guess I could find another space if absolutely nesssary

Hi I currently have a 130/300w 60×5 mars hydro light. I'm thinking that this is too much for early seedling stages and im after a light specifically for seedlings and early veg stages. Any suggestions on a good light for this as I want to run everything led from start to finish. Ive been looking at the 48×3 reflectors with veg/bloom settings are those still available in the uk? And would those be ok to use very close to seedlings as I will be using a very limited space for early veg? Im hoping that using 3w leds rather than 5w leds means I can get away with being closer. Ive even been looking at the cheap knock off things on eBay (yeah I know) in the hope if low power leds being my answer.

I had run my old 48x3w for this reason.

But now my ladies are approach week 3 from seed.. I've combined both the reflector + MARS 2 80 x 5w. Ill probably just buy the 700w Mars2 or new series when I have more cash in a few months :p

Unless Sara wants me to try the new series or something :D

3w x 48w power output colour
IMG_1809.jpeg

IMG_1810.jpeg

FullSizeRender_6_7.jpg

With Twin Led's running output colour

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg

Not sure whats going on but your seedlings should be 10x the size they are now. I can only guess the soil is toxic.

I use a Mars old style 300w 100 x 3w (190w) on my seedlings and they grow like wild fire

I put them under the light 3 days after germination with the light at two feet for 4 days then 18" then 12"

The 5w led's will be about 50% more intense then the 3w , given that I would start at 3 ft with new seedlings and work the light down to 18" over the next 2 weeks

Seedlings have been over fed but I think they are fine for 2 weeks after germination. Germination took longer due to it being winter currently in the southern hemisphere.

Jock Horror auto's 12" wide , the lights were at 12" after 1 week and are at 12" in the photo.

The lights are running at half power / 100w each as the plants/seedlings take up such little space. I unplugged two of the side LED ballasts from each panel leaving the center illuminated.

They will be 3 weeks old in 2 days

sept_2015_006.JPG

:circle-of-love:Hi Atulip, now the Reflector has been updated to 5w, but our website is still under updation. The data is still for the 3w leds. :circle-of-love:
They both use 5w chips now. MarsII has big power. It is usually used for big grow space. In addition, they have different design. The reflection feature of Reflector design will ensure maxmium light output. :Namaste:

Thank you. I plan on getting 144 reflector for my 2'7"x4'11" since its longer than the mars 2.

I just purchased a Mars II 400 for my current setup to add to my 2 100x3w "old style" Mars led lights. Very satisfied with the results from these lights. Can't wait to get my new one.

From my first grow. 4.9 ounces from 3 autoflowers in a small closet 76 days from seed. This is with just the 2 Old Style 100x3w Mars led lights.

IMAG039525.jpg

IMG_20150915_084242.jpg

Back
Top Bottom