Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello Sara, Are there any tests done on the Pro lights yet? Also are the prices listed in the new web site correct or will there be a introductory sale and are the weights given for the Epistar 320 and the Cree 256 correct? Sorry for all the questions just want to be sure before I order one (still not sure about a remote)

You are welcome my friend. All I know is LEDBud is usually correct! lol

I took a hit on this one !

After the owners of the New 5w panels clarified they have the same amount of LED's as the 3w panels.

I did learn something though :hookah:

:circle-of-love:Hi Dudewheresmyc, Reflector48 in UK has been updated to 5w. Sorry about this... but there is not that big difference between 3w and 5w. The draw power of Reflector48x5w is 98~103w under 220V. The most effective coverage is 2'x2'. Dude, if the space limited and you want lower power, you can only turn on veg switches. The draw power of veg spectrum is about 70w. However, Dude, I don't advise to put led grow light too close during seedlings. You'd better to start from 24". :hug:
Hi I currently have a 130/300w 60×5 mars hydro light. I'm thinking that this is too much for early seedling stages and im after a light specifically for seedlings and early veg stages. Any suggestions on a good light for this as I want to run everything led from start to finish. Ive been looking at the 48×3 reflectors with veg/bloom settings are those still available in the uk? And would those be ok to use very close to seedlings as I will be using a very limited space for early veg? Im hoping that using 3w leds rather than 5w leds means I can get away with being closer. Ive even been looking at the cheap knock off things on eBay (yeah I know) in the hope if low power leds being my answer.

Flexy, grow looks great!:thumb: thanks for the advice. It's very helpful.:thanks:
Dudewheres,

I have the same lights. No problem if you have the seedlings in the beginning further away from the light and only put them close to about 35" or so inches (80cm-90cm) when they have at least two real leaves. (After 3-4 days or so). And then gradually closer as the plant matures in the following days. Can't you adjust the light's height? Or set the plants to the side in the very early stages?

:circle-of-love:Hi Dudewheresmyc, Reflector48 in UK has been updated to 5w. Sorry about this... but there is not that big difference between 3w and 5w. The draw power of Reflector48x5w is 98~103w under 220V. The most effective coverage is 2'x2'. Dude, if the space limited and you want lower power, you can only turn on veg switches. The draw power of veg spectrum is about 70w. However, Dude, I don't advise to put led grow light too close during seedlings. You'd better to start from 24". :hug:

Hello Sara. I wanted to speak with you about a reflector light for my small grow and possible a tent and light deal if u got one going:) I also have seen your pro series and sun series...

:circle-of-love: hi Eagle, welcome, it seems green leds have no market in LED grow light. I don't think there will be additional cost.:) Our LED grow light mounts the warm white.:Namaste:
Just putting this out there:

Since green light has no effect on the plant...How much more would the additional cost be if the green LED diodes were replaced with diodes that matched the color spectrum output of Metal Halide (4200K) and or High Pressure Sodium(2100K) bulbs?

:thanks: yes, few people want green leds. If not for customziation, we will not add green leds on our lights.:Namaste:
With the exception of the one guy (?) who actually really SEEMED to have a bunch of green LEDs on his lamps (for reasons unknown), I personally don't know any LEDs that "officially" and purposefully do contain green LEDs.

The lights sold now, the types and different brands I know from tons of researching etc. (sometimes) have addtional whites/ambers 2500k "warm whites" and no actual green LEDs. I really think this is a non-issue blown out of proportion or a mass-hallucination/hysteria :)

Hmm... the best solution is to find another space. It will give you more flexibility to adjust the light height.:high-five:
Thats what im doing at the moment I plan on buying another light to match mine and keeping both of them for permanently flowering. And buying extra lights purely for veg im hoping to use a space only 2 feet tall for seedlings but so I could not place the light very far away. If there is no other option but to have the light say 5 feet away I guess I could find another space if absolutely nesssary

Haha lexblaze, nice set-up and grow. They two look great! :cheer:yeah.. we are still looking for tester. Then you will have a complete collection of our lights. :)
I had run my old 48x3w for this reason.

But now my ladies are approach week 3 from seed.. I've combined both the reflector + MARS 2 80 x 5w. Ill probably just buy the 700w Mars2 or new series when I have more cash in a few months :p

Unless Sara wants me to try the new series or something :D

3w x 48w power output colour
IMG_1809.jpeg

IMG_1810.jpeg

FullSizeRender_6_7.jpg

With Twin Led's running output colour

IMG_1814.jpeg

IMG_1815.jpeg

:thanks: thanks for the help, LEDBud. I want to see how wild they are.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Not sure whats going on but your seedlings should be 10x the size they are now. I can only guess the soil is toxic.

I use a Mars old style 300w 100 x 3w (190w) on my seedlings and they grow like wild fire

I put them under the light 3 days after germination with the light at two feet for 4 days then 18" then 12"

The 5w led's will be about 50% more intense then the 3w , given that I would start at 3 ft with new seedlings and work the light down to 18" over the next 2 weeks

:thumb: I know what is wild grow now... good job.:circle-of-love:
Jock Horror auto's 12" wide , the lights were at 12" after 1 week and are at 12" in the photo.

The lights are running at half power / 100w each as the plants/seedlings take up such little space. I unplugged two of the side LED ballasts from each panel leaving the center illuminated.

They will be 3 weeks old in 2 days

sept_2015_006.JPG

:party:awesome:party: very good result.:cheer: The effective coverage of Reflector144 is 2'x4'. Your plants will get enough love within the coverage. :high-five:
Thank you. I plan on getting 144 reflector for my 2'7"x4'11" since its longer than the mars 2.

I just purchased a Mars II 400 for my current setup to add to my 2 100x3w "old style" Mars led lights. Very satisfied with the results from these lights. Can't wait to get my new one.

From my first grow. 4.9 ounces from 3 autoflowers in a small closet 76 days from seed. This is with just the 2 Old Style 100x3w Mars led lights.

IMAG039525.jpg

IMG_20150915_084242.jpg

:circle-of-love: thank you for these words. It's very kind of you to say these words. They are so encouraging. Stay positive, you will get good result. :thumb:
I looked at your journal, and yeah you had a slow start on them, but they look much much better now. Sometimes that happens, I've had the same thing happen to me and then I get a huge plant in the end. Just keep them healthy, and you're seeing growth now. They will be fine, just keep vegging until you get the size you want. If they are photoperiod plants then you have time.

:goodjob:

welcome organiclife, you are much welcome to send me an email. :cheesygrinsmiley: We have stores on Ebay. We can only take pre-order for Mars Pro series. We will launch them online when our new website is finished. :Namaste: Right now, in US, Reflector series and MarsII series except MarsII700w all have switches for veg and flower. The new light, Mars Pro, has dimmable feature. Tent is aslo available. I have sent you PM.:Namaste:
Sara should I contact you personally about prices and lighting for my grow? Are the ones on eBay actually your models? I also heard and seen the pro series Mars hydro but can't find were to see prices or to buy. I want the led light with either veg flower switches or dimmable knob. (Reflector series) I'm looking for small grow about 2 to 4 plants. Currently only doing one auto... I also want to get one of your tents to go with the light. Pls let me know. ✌️

welcome organiclife, you are much welcome to send me an email. :cheesygrinsmiley: We have stores on Ebay. We can only take pre-order for Mars Pro series. We will launch them online when our new website is finished. :Namaste: Right now, in US, Reflector series and MarsII series except MarsII700w all have switches for veg and flower. The new light, Mars Pro, has dimmable feature. Tent is aslo available. I have sent you PM.:Namaste:
Thank you! :)

Back
Top Bottom